HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Nov 24, 2010 at 2:56 PM Post #602 of 641

[size=medium]
Ok, just got done reading the 29 page 801 firmware debug thread.  It appears no less than 7 others report not being able to play 24/88 files on the 801.  I understand the possibility of down sampling to 24/48 yet one person here and Fang says they can play 24/88 w/o issue.  I decided to upload a sample FLAC for you all to try and see if you can play it of get an endless loop/freeze requiring reset.  I also tried converting the file to WAV but it just gets passed over in the song cycle.  If anyone has a 24/88 file that works w/ the 602/601/801 please give a link for testing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?43p3htvgz8t13jg 
[/size]

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #603 of 641
downloading Anaxilus

what bothers me the most about this player is that it doesn't remember the last song played. Ipod can do it, my phone can do it but a high end portable player cannot. I have several hundred songs in a single folder in my 602 and every time I turn it on I have to find the last song I listened.

Nov 24, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #604 of 641
Okay I gave that song a go and the player refused to play the song and froze. I was about to do the reset thing for the first time when I thought of connecting it to the PC first. The connection with the PC made it responsive again so I was able to delete that song.

Nov 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #607 of 641

Quote:
downloading Anaxilus

what bothers me the most about this player is that it doesn't remember the last song played. Ipod can do it, my phone can do it but a high end portable player cannot. I have several hundred songs in a single folder in my 602 and every time I turn it on I have to find the last song I listened.

When you turn it on simple press left on the d-pad it will take you back to the last song. I think that's what you're looking for.

Nov 24, 2010 at 5:18 PM Post #608 of 641

Quote:
Quote:
downloading Anaxilus

When you turn it on simple press left on the d-pad it will take you back to the last song. I think that's what you're looking for.

I did but it was still unresponsive

Nov 28, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #609 of 641
Anybody else getting a noise coming out of their headphone out? I'm getting the same noise out of the HO like I did on the HM-801 before they changed the ST amp. If you turn down the volume all the way down you may hear the noise on your iem. Also I'm using the JH16.

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:14 PM Post #611 of 641
No the charge is at 80%

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #613 of 641
Anybody else getting a noise coming out of their headphone out? I'm getting the same noise out of the HO like I did on the HM-801 before they changed the ST amp. If you turn down the volume all the way down you may hear the noise on your iem. Also I'm using the JH16.

I also have some kind of sizzling noise on my HM-602 with Ortofon e-Q7 from the HO. It's not regular hiss. Hiss comes when I turn up the volume to high levels (without music on). I remember that hiss was mentioned in the 801-602 comparison thread in the original review.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:15 PM Post #614 of 641
I'm having this noise from time to time too with my 801 ... if it is this noise you're describing (though it's independend of the phones used). It sounds like a TV with white noise, static noise or scanning between short wave channels ... it's there always just for some seconds. I didn't find any relation to anything yet what could trigger this ... seems the Hifiman are alive
biggrin.gif
and need some catharsis from all the music played on them ...

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #615 of 641
I'm having this noise from time to time too with my 801 ... if it is this noise you're describing (though it's independend of the phones used). It sounds like a TV with white noise, static noise or scanning between short wave channels ... it's there always just for some seconds. I didn't find any relation to anything yet what could trigger this ... seems the Hifiman are alive
biggrin.gif
and need some catharsis from all the music played on them ...

It sounds like we are talking about the same thing. However, the sizzling is there all the time on my player.
During music with low levels, like a solo violin, it is audible, but not during medium or higher levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back