HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Aug 26, 2010 at 6:49 PM Post #151 of 641
If I preorder now from head-direct I still get the re262 deal? Whats the estimate ship time from lets say tomorrow?

Aug 26, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #152 of 641
It says you will be on pre-order (with headphones) if you order by the first week of September. So if you order by August 31, you should get the headphones and the HM-602.

Aug 27, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #154 of 641
I'd say go on the end of the first week of September, based on some of Fang's English, then if they start shipping before that we'll all be pleasantly surprised.
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 28, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #157 of 641
OK I'm running out of time for the pre-order. I have a terrible time resisting anything that may be worthy of ownership.

I already own the HM801. I'm looking for reason to buy this (or not buy this)

I guess it boils down to, do I want the HM602 even without a user replaceable battery?  The HM801 is really hard on batteries. (Come to think of it, batteries have come into alot of conversations lately in regards to audio)  I assume I'd have to ship the HM602 off for battery replacement sooner or later.

Then there's the whole "80 percent of the performance of the HM801 at half the price" thing to think about.

Free quality iems don't hurt.

decisions, decisions.

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:25 AM Post #161 of 641

Quote:
OK I'm running out of time for the pre-order. I have a terrible time resisting anything that may be worthy of ownership.

I guess it boils down to, do I want the HM602 even without a user replaceable battery?  The HM801 is really hard on batteries. (Come to think of it, batteries have come into alot of conversations lately in regards to audio)  I assume I'd have to ship the HM602 off for battery replacement sooner or later.

Then there's the whole "80 percent of the performance of the HM801 at half the price" thing to think about.

decisions, decisions.

From what I remember, warp08 stated that the HM602 was 80 percent (SQ) of the HM801 WHEN USING 24 BIT AUDIO. He said (AFAIK) that using 16 bit audio, there was a very minor difference between the two. Please correct me if I am wrong...

Aug 28, 2010 at 10:50 AM Post #162 of 641
stick with 801

Quote:

decisions, decisions.

Aug 28, 2010 at 11:16 AM Post #163 of 641

Don't know how some compare performance of 801 over the 602's in percentage. Few had posted their impressions to 602 seemed they were all satisfied with the sq, plus the deal comes with pre-order, its so tempting. Also don't forget 30 days return with no questions asked. I can see no reason not to give it a try.

Aug 28, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #164 of 641
I got an evaluation version of HM602.
HM602 is lighter than I thought, new cross key is more intuitive and nice.
Click picture to enlarge.

Also I like the new charger which is drastically smaller than the original.

602 inherit USB DAC feature but I have no time to test now. Sorry about this.

602 sounded pretty good and well comparable to 801. the sound signature of 602 is similar to 801 with the new opamp. That is clear, crisp and tight. So 602 inherit a good virtue from 801.
In add I can find the difference in the 602 sound. I think the sound of 602 is liquid smooth and the timbre is beautiful. 602 has a good atmosphere to represent the life of music. I think NOS DAC works for that.

801 brought high-end aproach into portable audio world. This time 602 brings a good custom builder mind with NOS DAC into portable world. 
The 602 is not only a budget version of 801 but 602 has its own virtue. I think Fang knows much about the audiophile sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back