HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Sep 7, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #256 of 641
Thanks Fang for posting the shipping schedule.

I placed my order on August 8. So hopefully, I will have HM602 waiting for me when I return from a field mission end of this month.
wink_face.gif

Sep 7, 2010 at 7:43 AM Post #259 of 641
This is kinda unfair tho .. only 40 usd difference. The initial post sounded like an awesome offer, I feel conned
blink.gif

I assumed that the price after Sept 1 wud be 450 usd without the RE262's.  I would have preferred to wait for reviews had I known this to be the case.

Sep 7, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #262 of 641

Quote:
Important: Batch 1st preorder shipping time:  We will start to ship 1st batch HM602 as soon as we have RE262 ready. Hopefully, Sept 20th. We will try to finish 1st batch HM602 shipping before Oct. All HM-602 are final version with improved components.

Please understand that the RE262 IEM use single crystal copper wire, which we are still waiting our cable vendor to finish. Because international shipping is very exprensive, we will have to wait.

All RE262 earphones have all accessories, but no packing box.

All HM-602 are final version with improved op-amps and other components.What are the other components being talked about.....is he referring to the re262 as other components or are there additional upgrades that were not mentioned that are considered other components.

Sep 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM Post #263 of 641

Quote:
I've worked it out and we actually aren't benefiting significantly from preordering.

We paid $369 + $30 for shipping.  That's $400.  Everyone else is now going to pay $440 but shipping is free AND they get the RE262s.  $40 for 40 day wait... I don't know, it will be worth more to some people than others.

I'm not trying to complain but I don't see why we couldn't have been offered the free shipping as well.

I need to speak up and agree with Darksyde. It would be nice that those of us that preordered in good faith before the Sept 1st "deadline" were extended the free shipping. The "bonus" of ordering early has all but disappeared. For me the $40.00 would not be a deal breaker, I too would have waited for a review instead of ordering soley on the reputation of the 801. Yes I realize you can't please everyone all of the time ... but you can please some of us some of the time.
wink.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #264 of 641
The 'deadline' wasn't extended, you got it cheaper then others who are still only just getting to preordering and a lot better then those who wait for reviews and pay full price plus shipping and don't receive the re262. He's running a business and from my point of view i would say he is being very fair.

Still i wish i was listening / playing with it already.
tongue.gif

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:28 AM Post #265 of 641

Quote:
I need to speak up and agree with Darksyde. It would be nice that those of us that preordered in good faith before the Sept 1st "deadline" were extended the free shipping. The "bonus" of ordering early has all but dissapeared. For me the $40.00 would not be a deal breaker, I too would have waited for a review instead of ordering soley on the reputation of the 801. Yes I realize you can't please everyone all of the time ... but you can please some of us some of the time.
wink.gif

yes i agree too. it better be damn worth the wait

Sep 9, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #266 of 641
I was looking at the head-direct homepage and found out the HM-801 customers are able to buy a 2-year warranty plan. Will the 602 customers be able to buy a plan like that?

Sep 10, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #267 of 641

Quote:
yes i agree too. it better be damn worth the wait

The delivery delay is due to the fact that Fang has decided to upgrade the components in the amplifier section of the 602 to bring the SQ closer to that of the 802.   The DAC is superb, but the original amplifier did not do justice to the quality of the DAC.   I feel certain that the wait will be worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back