HM-602 Portable Music Preorder
Sep 16, 2010 at 3:25 AM Post #286 of 641

Quote:
They are wrong! 
biggrin.gif
 On the other hand the units are being further tweaked to get the most out of them, that is a good thing. 
wink.gif

How so?  Fixing an improperly assembled transistor?  The AD8620 is canned.  Sorry, but I am a bit let down by the cancelled 'tweak'.  I was letting it fester till I read your post.  

Sep 16, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #287 of 641
I was bit disappointed too by no upgrade maybe you can request a custom upgrade for more money if the price is right.I am basing it on there reputation that it will sound good anyway but your always left wondering.

Sep 16, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #288 of 641

Quote:
I was bit disappointed too by no upgrade maybe you can request a custom upgrade for more money if the price is right.I am basing it on there reputation that it will sound good anyway but your always left wondering.

OK, I'll play.  What would it cost to upgrade the opamp to the AD8620?

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #291 of 641
I'm seeing some initial impressions from erji.net but can't read it...
confused_face.gif

What I can do is read up to the post titles...

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #292 of 641
Yeah the way they black google translate (and similar sites) is strange. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
I haven't been able to pinpoint it but it seems it works for a limited time at the start, and as you start to use it more it stops working.

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #293 of 641
I wonder what is minimum resistance of headphones, that could be used with HM-602? Is it 32 Ohm ?   If it is true, it makes some phones (especially IEMs) not usable with this player...

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #294 of 641

Quote:
I wonder what is minimum resistance of headphones, that could be used with HM-602? Is it 32 Ohm ?   If it is true, it makes some phones (especially IEMs) not usable with this player...

:€ I didn't know there was minimum impedance limit.

Sep 19, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #297 of 641

Quote:

When did they assign a minimum resistance for the HM-602? I can't think of a DAP that has this "feature". Some DAPs aren't made to be used with lower impedance phones (ex. Rocoo Studio), but they can still drive them. Please explain.

Sep 19, 2010 at 10:23 PM Post #300 of 641

Quote:
When did they assign a minimum resistance for the HM-602? I can't think of a DAP that has this "feature". Some DAPs aren't made to be used with lower impedance phones (ex. Rocoo Studio), but they can still drive them. Please explain.

HM-602 has built-in amp, the lower impedance of phones, the higher current intensity in circuit.  Too high current intensity in ciruit can burn some electronics. I can't explain it simplier and shorter
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" /> I am going to use it with JVC (16 Ohm). So it matters for me if it can work with it, or I will have to put external amp between (using LOD) (please forgive me my english
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" /> ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back