HJE 900 best for <100$
Sep 19, 2010 at 4:36 AM Post #32 of 42
ok guys after reading all the posts here and taking suggestions from many ppl...i am finally ordering them tomorrow....so guys any last minute suggestions?? reply quick guys

thanks

Sep 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM Post #34 of 42
are these good for classical music? or what genre are they best for? i listen to about 35 percent rock 35 percent classical 20 percent hip hop/rap 5 percent other as in electronic/ indie. and how do they compare to say the RE0s or the MC5s or are the HJE900s on a completely different tier of comptition?

Sep 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #36 of 42

Quote:
are these good for classical music? or what genre are they best for? i listen to about 35 percent rock 35 percent classical 20 percent hip hop/rap 5 percent other as in electronic/ indie. and how do they compare to say the RE0s or the MC5s or are the HJE900s on a completely different tier of comptition?

not tried classical on them but they sound very good with my 75 movie soundtrack set by  Ennio Morricone ,if thats any help , thats as close as i get to classical music for the most part 
ksc75smile.gif
 (classic western soundtracks )

Sep 20, 2010 at 6:23 PM Post #37 of 42
It's a matter of taste. Some think these are great for rock(me), others don't. Although I think I'd rather have a neutral sound, the midrange is the frequency I mind least being recessed. For classical specifically I think I might prefer a flatter frequency response, but not at the sacrifice of bass to give weight to lower strings. What makes these great for classical personally is their great soundstage, sepration, imaging, and timbre. Your mileage may vary.

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:20 PM Post #41 of 42
heyy,

after much waiting i finally got my HJE 900's,can any 1 tell me,how much burn in time is required for these? and i havent had an issue with the filters so far,should i wait for them to fall off??i am planning on stuffing them with sponge if any thing happens?? any comments guys...

thanks

Nov 28, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #42 of 42
Around 50-100 is generally recommended. I didn't burn in mine but there was a noticeable drop in the sibilance and the sound evened out a tiny bit. Yea you dont have to force the mesh off, wait for it to fall and then put the foam in 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back