HJE 900 best for <100$
Sep 17, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #16 of 42
You probably won't be satisfied with any BA iem. Even the most bassy ones, which are three drivers monitors (and those are above you budget) cannot output the bass you are looking for, imo.
So forget about the SF3 (very bass light), the UE600, the q-jays...
You should be looking for a good dynamic iem instead. Joker's post should be more informative than any info I could provide to you
wink.gif

Sep 17, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #17 of 42

Quote:
You probably won't be satisfied with any BA iem. Even the most bassy ones, which are three drivers monitors (and those are above you budget) cannot output the bass you are looking for, imo.
So forget about the SF3 (very bass light), the UE600, the q-jays...
You should be looking for a good dynamic iem instead. Joker's post should be more informative than any info I could provide to you
" class="bbcode_smiley" height="" src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies//wink.gif" title="
wink.gif
" width="" />

x2.

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #18 of 42
I highly recommend Fischer Audio Eterna if you can find it.  It's fun, warm, bassy.
Here are some that were mentioned in this thread but should be REMOVED from your list of potentials: UE Super.fi 3 (not for basshead, awkward fit), Monster Turbine (build is a little fragile), Sony EX700 (catches a lot wind noise, not bassy).
joker's post has a lot of good info: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/multi-iem-review-a-478568/
But keep in mind that he is not a basshead.

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #19 of 42
heyy,

after going thru jokers post (by the way a amazing post) i narrowed down my selection to the following:

1) Head-Direct (HiFiMan) RE-ZERO
2) Panasonic RP-HJE900
3) Klipsch Custom 3
4) Hippo VB

my 1st obvious pick was the Re-Zero's after reading the review but they are not coming with a 3.5mm jack....what a disappointment...

so that leaves me with HIPPO VB, Klispsch custom3 and RP-HJE900

Klispsch custom3 the build is not good....but the sound rating is amazing

i heard that the RP-HJE900 are a bit heavy...so they keep slipping off from the ears, bad idea for work out...is this true??

and can any one tell me what filters are i see they are supplied with most of the IEM's ?? do they need to be changed frequently?? are there IEM's that do not use filters?

please help me to choose among them

thanks 

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:23 AM Post #20 of 42
ooh yeah and i kind of made a comparison chart...to help me with the selection...please let me know if i am missing out anything...there could be a possibility that i may have over looked some...or any other suggestions than the 3 selected?

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 42

Quote:
heyy,

after going thru jokers post (by the way a amazing post) i narrowed down my selection to the following:

1) Head-Direct (HiFiMan) RE-ZERO
2) Panasonic RP-HJE900
3) Klipsch Custom 3
4) Hippo VB

my 1st obvious pick was the Re-Zero's after reading the review but they are not coming with a 3.5mm jack....what a disappointment...

so that leaves me with HIPPO VB, Klispsch custom3 and RP-HJE900

Klispsch custom3 the build is not good....but the sound rating is amazing

i heard that the RP-HJE900 are a bit heavy...so they keep slipping off from the ears, bad idea for work out...is this true??

and can any one tell me what filters are i see they are supplied with most of the IEM's ?? do they need to be changed frequently?? are there IEM's that do not use filters?

please help me to choose among them

thanks 

The Re-Zero do have a 3.5 mm connector, but they are "balanced", and pretty much no portable music players support that yet. I believe they bring hard and soft adapters though.

The HJE900 are a bit heavy, but I don't have an issue with them falling out my ears. They can be worn cord-up, which pretty much resolves any issue with them falling out. In any case, I work out with mine almost every day. Someone reported earlier today that using them cord up can damage the cable, but I've heard of no one else having such an issue. In any case, the cables are replaceable.

As far as I know, unlike air conditioners, the vast majority of IEMs don't need to have their filters replaced. The Hippo VB doesn't use filters. The HJE900 sometimes have a tendency of having it's filters fall off, but that doesn't affect sound and actually allows you to mod them to your preferences.

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:35 AM Post #23 of 42

Quote:
ooh yeah and i kind of made a comparison chart...to help me with the selection...please let me know if i am missing out anything...there could be a possibility that i may have over looked some...or any other suggestions than the 3 selected?

The HJE900s are currently 89 dollars, not 129. http://www.jr.com/panasonic/pe/PAN_RPHJE900/

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:38 AM Post #24 of 42

Quote:
I highly recommend Fischer Audio Eterna if you can find it.  It's fun, warm, bassy.
Here are some that were mentioned in this thread but should be REMOVED from your list of potentials: UE Super.fi 3 (not for basshead, awkward fit), Monster Turbine (build is a little fragile), Sony EX700 (catches a lot wind noise, not bassy).
joker's post has a lot of good info: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/multi-iem-review-a-478568/
But keep in mind that he is not a basshead.

yeahh i think they are good headphones too....but searched them in a lot of online stores...but couldnt find them

Sep 18, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #26 of 42
heyy and 1 more thing u said The Re-Zero do have a 3.5 mm connector, but they are "balanced", and pretty much no portable music players support that yet...so this means that i can plug them in directly into my IPOD?? what does balanced mean??...sorry if thats a bad question but really dont know

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #27 of 42
Cables from Sleek Audio are compatible with the HJE900s. You can get them from the store I just linked, as well as severalother online stores. They cost about 15 dollars.

I have not heard any of the IEMs in this thread except for the HJE900, so don't take my word too seriously, but I have done extensive reading. From what I've heard from someone who onwned both, the VB and the 900 aren't too different sounding, with the HJE having less harsh treble and a bit more detail clarity and presentation, but not with bass not extending quite as linearly and strongly down into sub bass.

"Balanced" basically means better, if your equipment supports it. But yes, you should be able to use it on your ipod with the included adapters. You can see them in this review: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/497347/re-zero-photos-first-thoughts-now-with-review-links

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #28 of 42
heyy i know this is a lot to ask....the J&R has a lot of good deals going on IEM's.....would u recommend any other head phones which are better than these in the store that cost less than 150$??

if there is nothing, my search is over and i am going a head with the HJE900s....

thanks a ton...u were really helpful

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:54 AM Post #29 of 42

Quote:

yeahh i think they are good headphones too....but searched them in a lot of online stores...but couldnt find them

Did you check here?
http://fischeraudio.com/place.php

Sep 18, 2010 at 3:55 AM Post #30 of 42
Nothing else really comes to mind. Maybe someone else can chime in. I don't like giving too much advice on IEMs because of my lack of experience, but as a bass head, the 900s seem like a great option for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back