Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Jan 17, 2014 at 3:35 PM Post #871 of 1,483
  Far as I'm aware it wasn't Lee who sold his Studio 3rd. It was actually the Studio who disowned him, due to physical abuse;

After escaping Lee's clutches bruised and battered the poor thing found it's way to me where it's now loved and taken care of

Or it might of been because Lee now prefers his AK120 S Mod and felt no need having the Studio around any longer. :)

Oh no, that poor little buggar. I'm glad he found a good home
redface.gif

Free!, He'll never be free! (line from a movie, guess :wink:...

I'm pretty sure the Rocoo BA won't be going anywhere. I like its portability and sound quality in a small unit. It also pairs very well on my SE5 so its a no-brainer. Tupac mentioned the Rocoo BA sounding so similar to the DX100 he most likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test with the SE5 :).

What is your main pairing with the AK120S?

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #873 of 1,483
  Free!, He'll never be free! (line from a movie, guess :wink:...

I'm pretty sure the Rocoo BA won't be going anywhere. I like its portability and sound quality in a small unit. It also pairs very well on my SE5 so its a no-brainer. Tupac mentioned the Rocoo BA sounding so similar to the DX100 he most likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test with the SE5 :).

yep, I sure miss mine.
frown.gif

I was even contemplating trading my Studio V for a BA...
ph34r.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #874 of 1,483
Jan 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #875 of 1,483
  I had both as well and let go of my BA.  Wish I would have kept it around (particularly as resale value was not really worth selling it for.)

Anyhow, they can still be found if you're on the hunt: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hisoundaudio-RoCoo-BA-Hi-Fi-Music-Player-for-armature-IEMs-w-PAA-1-HIFI-buds-/121249086339

Noisy Motel also have Rocco BA in stock still for $200. Not sure if he can ship internationally though.

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=394

I won't be letting mine go, I almost sold it but took the sale down, as Gignac mentioned it's not worth the resale value compared to the sound it puts out. In some pairings the BA has better synergy than the Studio's.  I have three Hisound units, they all get used. Although my 3rd Anv mainly stays paired with the Rhapsodio hybrid. I also find the 2nd edition has better synergy with much of my gear.

Jan 18, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #876 of 1,483
Jan 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #877 of 1,483
Hisound should never of discontinued Rocco BA in the first place. IMO. Especially if it were to be replaced by the unsuccessful  Nova series.....

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #878 of 1,483

Noisy Motel also have Rocco BA in stock still for $200. Not sure if he can ship internationally though.

http://www.noisymotel.com/product.asp?ProductID=394

I won't be letting mine go, I almost sold it but took the sale down, as Gignac mentioned it's not worth the resale value compared to the sound it puts out. In some pairings the BA has better synergy than the Studio's.  I have three Hisound units, they all get used. Although my 3rd Anv mainly stays paired with the Rhapsodio hybrid. I also find the 2nd edition has better synergy with much of my gear.

I also found that to be true with a few iems that I had in the past. Just out of curiosity, do you listen at high volumes?

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:04 AM Post #879 of 1,483
  I also found that to be true with a few iems that I had in the past. Just out of curiosity, do you listen at high volumes?

Hmm, not really. With 32ohm IEM I usually hang around 15-16 on the Studio's, 17-18 on the Rocco.

I don't consider that loud though others thresholds are different. I know Lee used to listen quite low.

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #880 of 1,483

Hmm, not really. With 32ohm IEM I usually hang around 15-16 on the Studio's, 17-18 on the Rocco.

I don't consider that loud though others thresholds are different. I know Lee used to listen quite low.

It seem like at least a couple of those pairings that had good synergy with the BA, 22-23 on the volume seem to be the magic number for me where it just opened up...

Jan 18, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #881 of 1,483
It seem like at least a couple of those pairings that had good synergy with the BA, 22-23 on the volume seem to be the magic number for me where it just opened up...

Yes, I can very much agree that's the sweet spot, where I'd consider rocking out a little though, certainly a agree on the magic number.

Tell you guys what sounds good on the Studio? Sennheiser HD280 PRO. I've been really enjoying these. Some good synergy here. :xf_cool:

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #882 of 1,483
I'd generally be round volume 8 to maybe 13 at most on the Studio V. On the Rocoo BA I generally stick around volume 13 to 17 on my SE5 :wink:.

Jan 19, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #883 of 1,483
Just wondering how to use the "favorites" play mode in Studio V. I'd love to be able to use this as a playlist player because navigating around the UI is so tedious.

Thanks.

Jan 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #884 of 1,483
Am I the only one here who doesn't like the new daps that are flowing around the market these days? Like the dx50 and x3. Kinda regret selling my Rocoo P haha. Now I'm wanting a hisound player again.

Can u guys help me out, should I get the old Rocoo and studio series or the new nova series? Price is not a matter for me as I can find plenty of second hand items here. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back