Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review
Dec 24, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #856 of 1,483
So, I had noticed the the Nintendo 3DS battery has the voltage/amperage also.  It's odd, however, that others I have seen had dimensions that wouldn't fit the studio.  Perhaps their dimensions were wrong, or perhaps this one is, but here's a nice affordable battery that, if their dimensions are correct, would fit the Studio quite well - you'd just have to solder on some wires and you'd be good to go:

http://dx.com/p/replacement-rechargeable-3-7v-2000mah-lithium-battery-pack-with-screwdriver-for-nintendo-3ds-65064#.Urm2LmRDt5k

Alright, that's the end of my research on this for now.  Perhaps I'll send Jack a note and see what he would ask for a replacement battery.

Best,

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #857 of 1,483
Thanks for the info, I think it would probably work too. Pity I don't need to it has me interested. Maybe one day.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #858 of 1,483
So, I added this to my Studio V 3rd:
Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

With the studio at volume of 22 and controlling the volume with attenuator the electronic squeaking that I was hearing is gone and the hiss is also gone. The sound does not seem to have suffered either.  Makes the Roxanne's and the UE7 pros sound really good...Roxannes have the definite edge though...dat bass!!!

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM Post #859 of 1,483
  So, I added this to my Studio V 3rd:
Shure EAADPT-KIT Adapter Kit (Combines 1/4" Adapter, Airline Adapter, Attachable Volume Control)

With the studio at volume of 22 and controlling the volume with attenuator the electronic squeaking that I was hearing is gone and the hiss is also gone. The sound does not seem to have suffered either.  Makes the Roxanne's and the UE7 pros sound really good...Roxannes have the definite edge though...dat bass!!!

Nice, glad you found a solution that works for you!  Also, congrats on the upcoming 1000th post 
smile_phones.gif

I've recently been revisiting the level I keep the Studio at to pass it through my amp.  The higher I keep it, the more punchy the attack.  Not sure if the input on the C5 always keeps up though...these days I usually hang around 27 or so.

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #860 of 1,483
Oh, snap, didn't notice it was my 1000th post!!! Now I have stage fright, what am I supposed to do?  Should I tell a joke? no, that's would be lame. I could post a funny picture...

No that might offend some one:
maybe this one:

Dang that one is offensive, too
One last try:

Yeah that one is OK.

Happy 1000th post.
beerchug.gif

Dec 28, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #861 of 1,483
Heh,  excellent!

Good bird image.

BTW - I haven't had any other issues with the studio since I repaired the USB port connection - it was just a hairline crack between two of the feet and the board.

Anyhow, I'm finally enjoying this player the way it was meant to be enjoyed - and I'm glad to have all of those photos of the player stripped down.  I'll probably work on writing my own review of this player soon.

Best,

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #863 of 1,483
  quick qns, what's the latest firmware for studio v?

The firmware mine (V3 Anniversary) shipped with was DT-DYNAMIC 2013.01.15

Didn't really become fully useable until I reverted back to what I'm running now - DT-DYNAMIC 20111223

My review was this post if interested - http://www.head-fi.org/t/634747/hisoundaudio-studio-v-3rd-anniversary-edition-review/720#post_10017326

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #865 of 1,483
  thanks Brooko. Haven't had a chance to keep updated with my studio v so was curious as the latest firmware avail.

The latest firmware was a none starter, meaning it does not work so well and not worth trying until they fix it.  Most people I know of have reverted back to the firmware Brooko mentioned.

Jan 16, 2014 at 1:15 AM Post #866 of 1,483
Don't waste your time with the newer firmware. I am a bit confused why Jack would shot himself in the foot putting the latest firmware on the 3rds ANVs. He even asked for the firmware to be rescinded due to so many issues with it....

Jan 17, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #867 of 1,483
How come you sold your Studio, lee730?

Jan 17, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #868 of 1,483
  How come you sold your Studio, lee730?

Far as I'm aware it wasn't Lee who sold his Studio 3rd. It was actually the Studio who disowned him, due to physical abuse;

After escaping Lee's clutches bruised and battered the poor thing found it's way to me where it's now loved and taken care of

Or it might of been because Lee now prefers his AK120 S Mod and felt no need having the Studio around any longer. :)

Jan 17, 2014 at 8:03 AM Post #869 of 1,483

Far as I'm aware it wasn't Lee who sold his Studio 3rd. It was actually the Studio who disowned him, due to physical abuse;

After escaping Lee's clutches bruised and battered the poor thing found it's way to me where it's now loved and taken care of

Or it might of been because Lee now prefers his AK120 S Mod and felt no need having the Studio around any longer. :)

Hopefully his Rocoo BA will also find the courage to leave him one day, and find it's way to another's loving arms!
tongue.gif

Jan 17, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #870 of 1,483
Free!, He'll never be free! (line from a movie, guess :wink:...

I'm pretty sure the Rocoo BA won't be going anywhere. I like its portability and sound quality in a small unit. It also pairs very well on my SE5 so its a no-brainer. Tupac mentioned the Rocoo BA sounding so similar to the DX100 he most likely wouldn't be able to tell them apart in a blind test with the SE5 :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back