Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Apr 11, 2013 at 11:25 PM Post #466 of 632
Thanks for the pictures audionewbi, looks very interesting, especially considering the sound that comes out.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #468 of 632
OGG may be the cause of the long loads. I'm not sure as I don't use that format. Plus how many files do you have? If you have tons of files (5,000+) then that is to be expected.

Apr 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #469 of 632
I just won one of these at the head-fi London meet! Really pleased... or I would be, except that I seem be having volume issues with my player. When I try listening on any of my headphones (ER-4P, SE535 LTD, Frogbeats C4) it's just far too quiet, even when I have the volume all the way up at 31.

I really want to get this to work since I'm really curious to see if there's a significant improvement in audio quality over my Cowon J3, particularly since I just recently got my customs and I want to see if I can get the best out of them.

I've emailed RoCoo - no reply yet but that was only yesterday and it's a weekend. I thought I'd ask around here as well though, has anyone else had the same issue with their BA?

Apr 28, 2013 at 1:13 PM Post #470 of 632
Hmm that is strange. It should easily power sensitive IEMs like the SE535s unless you listen at extremely loud volumes or as you said something is wrong with the player. I'd normally listen at around volume 12 to 16 on the Rocoo BA. Going up to 31 would make me go deaf lol.

Apr 29, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #471 of 632
Yeah no kidding, it's definitely not my ears... I haven't lost my hearing that much yet! I wonder what it could be, I assume it's a completely new player but honestly I have no idea where it came from. If I get no joy from HiSoundAudio I might try and get in contact with whoever set up the raffle.

Apr 29, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #472 of 632
That may be a good idea so you can get some sort of receipt. You can try contact Jack and let him know that you won it from a raffle and see if he is willing to service it still. Doesn't hurt to try at least.

Apr 29, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #473 of 632
I just won one of these at the head-fi London meet! Really pleased... or I would be, except that I seem be having volume issues with my player. When I try listening on any of my headphones (ER-4P, SE535 LTD, Frogbeats C4) it's just far too quiet, even when I have the volume all the way up at 31.

I really want to get this to work since I'm really curious to see if there's a significant improvement in audio quality over my Cowon J3, particularly since I just recently got my customs and I want to see if I can get the best out of them.

I've emailed RoCoo - no reply yet but that was only yesterday and it's a weekend. I thought I'd ask around here as well though, has anyone else had the same issue with their BA?

Try changing the firmware, there as another members experiencing the same thing, not long ago.

May 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #474 of 632
Well I tried reflashing the firmware although I could only find one version online, and that doesn't seem to have fixed it. I emailed the HiSoundAudio support address on Sunday and still no response... are they usually this slow to respond? Also, who is Jack?

May 1, 2013 at 6:50 PM Post #475 of 632
Try this one, It's the Studio V FW. Many like it. http://www.hisoundaudio.com/uploads/soft/120509/1_1702247901.rar Just to reiiterate:

Remove sd card. Reset via the recessed top hole, then hold the up button when connecting to your PC and don't let go until you know it's in or wait 15sec. Open the updater that you've unzipped. (File with speaker logo). That should find the player. Once found it will show as a drive in my computer. Format. When finished, 'start' the updater until complete.

May 1, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #476 of 632
I installed that and everything went fine, new splash screen and all. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have fixed my problem, the sound is still really quiet. I guess it must be a hardware thing? Thanks for your help though, I'll just have to hope HiSoundAudio eventually reply.

May 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #477 of 632
Not sure if you contacted them with the email below. I know they have another one or two emails addresses you can also reach them at.

Contact

1. Email: service@hisoundaudio.com
  2. Hot Line: 400-800-3688
  3. Skype: hisoundaudio
  4. Tel: 0086-755-27912991. Fax 0755-29161931

May 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #478 of 632
Dont try to change FW from original destined for BA, jack told me that it may cause trouble with player, i had this one with "message repair and format" after player start, and then nothing helped to revive unit only to send it back for repair, but if u have this specific problem so send it back and after repairin leave original FW for sure,
many manbers here changed FW for studio one dynamic version for better SQ but maybe it can cause different troubles with player, dont know it exactly, but now
i leave original FW and if something would happen then i am sure it will not my fault, maybe JACK should assure us
smily_headphones1.gif

May 7, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #479 of 632
which would be better the roccoo p or the BA ? i have a set of remolded Tf10s and a pair of ShUre SRH-1840 headphones which are 80Ohm btw , i use the headphones at work and the TF10s on the train , can which would be better to power my headphones ? or if they arent strong enough i have a C&C X02 amp which is very strong ( it drove my DT880 600OHms) can i pair the X02 to the roccoo ? will there be more hiss ? will it improve or degrade sound quality ? i have a crossroads silver interconnect. cuz the P would be better for my budget hahaha THanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back