Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Jan 8, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #377 of 632
Quote:
hmmmmm, I remember seeing somebody selling a Hisound Studio V housing recently here on the FS threads
rolleyes.gif

Edit: wouldn't the different battery mess with the sound? if not, it would be a great upgrade.

Rip it open and check, to my knowledge the Voltage needs to be the same, the mah can vary.

Jan 15, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #381 of 632
Thanks for the review.  I have a pair of X10s that I use on my iphone with either 320 mp3 or high quality spotify.  Would this player be a good step up at that price (on sale for 150) or would I be better off just getting a good portable amp?

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #382 of 632
The player should have decent power for powering sensitive IEMs and headphones and by far it has been the quietest in terms of hiss IMO. But I have not heard their newer Nova Players yet so that could change things. If you want a quality player that beats mainstream DAPs such as Cowon and ipods then you found it. I also found this player to be slightly better overall than the Hifiman 601 and going from memory on the Sflo2 I'd say I'd still prefer the Rocoo BA for overall sound quality. The Studio V 3rd ANV being their best sounding product by far though.

Jan 18, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #383 of 632
TTVJ.com is offering RoCoo BA at 150usd + 30usd shipping to Australia.

Is this a no-brainer? 

Link: https://www.ttvjaudio.com/dealoftheday.asp ( scroll down till you see Rocoo BA)

Hmm... 180usd or 4xx usd Studio V ?...

Jan 22, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #384 of 632
Bought the Rocoo BA from TTVJ.com.  Solidly built player.  We'll see how the plastic front and back hold up from every day wear and tear.

User Interface is very basic.  Didnt take long for me to figure out how to navigate though.

Soundstage is definitely good.  Dissappointed that a hiss is present when paired with my Heir Audio 4.ai's. Just a heads up for anyone else that is planning on purchasing this player who own the 4.ai's.

Makes me wonder how much worse the hiss was on the Rocoo P and Studio V when paired with more sensitivve IEMs.... 

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #385 of 632
Quote:
Bought the Rocoo BA from TTVJ.com.  Solidly built player.  We'll see how the plastic front and back hold up from every day wear and tear.

User Interface is very basic.  Didnt take long for me to figure out how to navigate though.

Soundstage is definitely good.  Dissappointed that a hiss is present when paired with my Heir Audio 4.ai's. Just a heads up for anyone else that is planning on purchasing this player who own the 4.ai's.

Makes me wonder how much worse the hiss was on the Rocoo P and Studio V when paired with more sensitivve IEMs.... 

Yep it does have a slight hiss and its the quietest by far on their units. Hopefully they can continue perfecting it since they really do have winners on their hands in terms of sound quality. They just need to focus on getting rid of the remaining hiss and the UI of course :). So is the hiss bad on your 4As? I found the hiss to be audible on my IE80s but for general listening its a non-issue.

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #387 of 632
The hiss on my BA is low to non, the Studio 3 does hiss enough to annoy me...

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #388 of 632
Quote:

Yep it does have a slight hiss and its the quietest by far on their units. Hopefully they can continue perfecting it since they really do have winners on their hands in terms of sound quality. They just need to focus on getting rid of the remaining hiss and the UI of course :). So is the hiss bad on your 4As? I found the hiss to be audible on my IE80s but for general listening its a non-issue.

The hiss is definitely noticable when using my 4.ai's.  I can hear it even when im not trying to listen to it...I can live with it...but for a $150.00 player, i guess my expectations were a bit higher.  I also own that IE80's and i think that it pairs better with the Rocoo BA than the 4.ai's.  The hiss is not as noticable (have to listen carefully to detect it). 

I must say that in terms of sound quality, it is a step up from my iphone 5.  Lets hope that hisound continues to improve their players.

All in all, for individuals who own 4.ai's, I would not recommend this player.  Just my 2cents.

Jan 23, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #389 of 632
Quote:
The hiss is definitely noticable when using my 4.ai's.  I can hear it even when im not trying to listen to it...I can live with it...but for a $150.00 player, i guess my expectations were a bit higher.  I also own that IE80's and i think that it pairs better with the Rocoo BA than the 4.ai's.  The hiss is not as noticable (have to listen carefully to detect it). 

I must say that in terms of sound quality, it is a step up from my iphone 5.  Lets hope that hisound continues to improve their players.

All in all, for individuals who own 4.ai's, I would not recommend this player.  Just my 2cents.

Well those 4ais must be very sensitive then. I felt the only other IEM more sensitive than my IE80s were the Fit Ear 334s lol. I could detect hiss on my IE80s quite easily still even on the BA personally. But I also had a silver cable on it which made it even more sensitive.... But the BA had the least amount of hiss out of all of hisounds past products. But the Nova may be different, I don't know just yet. I agree the IE80 pairs extremely well with hisound products. From what I'm hearing generally Sennheiser products do very well with them. Even the IE800 pairs very well with the Studio V 3rd ANV. This coming from a friend who has the pairing and is very much enjoying them :).

Feb 23, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #390 of 632
Hi my rocoo ba is dead, on screen after ON is message repair and format, but nothing helps me, reset didnt work, new firmawe too, problem is that
rocoo inner drive(memory) is not detected by PC only you can see drive but with 0 bytes but dont have any access to it, charge is full,
when i tried to load new firmware (methods here on forum with FW files) and check "full media erase" and format data area nothing happened, only message locking and close (in FW i can see that 0 bytes of memory is available), so
it is clear that his inner memory is not available and that is big problem and then you cant do anything with it, in windows i tried everything
to get access to his memory but nothing, i read that some users here have or had this problem (same with cube c3, rocoo ba,p, nad studio v) but dont know if somebody resloved it,
i think that rocoo is destroyed and nothing can hlep me if i wrong please help me :-o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back