Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Aug 31, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #271 of 632
for me, the highsoundaudio players that I own, paired with the sennheiser ie8's = total satisfaction from a portable rig.
smile.gif

Aug 31, 2012 at 9:10 AM Post #272 of 632
I don't like HSA but i like IE8. No satisfaction with combo of BA. BA is good, but lot of really good IEMs sounds very similar. RE-Zero a very good with BA.
I believe in new Colorfly CK4:)  Pending...

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #274 of 632
Yes, Lee730. I'm not impressed. My IE8 sounds better and more interesting with iPods and Cowons. Hip-hop is great with Rocoo BA, others not. Main problem is character of Rocoo.
But today i was listening to Studio. This is very good player. But also not my sound.
T51 with little mod was superb to HSA BA & P, HFM601 and Studio.
I believe in CK4:)

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #275 of 632
Quote:
Yes, Lee730. I'm not impressed. My IE8 sounds better and more interesting with iPods and Cowons. Hip-hop is great with Rocoo BA, others not. Main problem is character of Rocoo.
But today i was listening to Studio. This is very good player. But also not my sound.
T51 with little mod was superb to HSA BA & P, HFM601 and Studio.
I believe in CK4:)

I think you like a thicker sound then. The Rocoo players are more airy and neutral and IMO bring balance to the IE80s. I think you prefer a more thick and mid-bass heavy type sound.

Sep 1, 2012 at 12:59 AM Post #277 of 632
Nothing wrong with that. Just not my cup of tea. I like more detail and articulation and not have everything flowing together (muddy). I found the T51 to be like that, as well as the ipods. Well the T51s lean bass did help but I found it to distort quite easily. ipods tend to have boosted bass as well.

Sep 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #280 of 632
Finally finished reading the whole thread. Thank you to everyone on this thread for a very interesting read.

Currently I'm using an iPod Touch 3rd gen 64 gig mated to either a Leckerton UHA-4 with a AD8610 op amp or a ALO RX MKII. The amps are hooked up to my iPod utilizing a Fiio L9. Currently I'm pleased with my setup but would like to move to a more ergonomically friendly setup for the sake of always on the go convenience. I also own a 160 gig iPod Classic which has started to show it's age and is slowly starting to become unusable so currently I'm in the market for a new DAP. Most of my gear is IEM's (Sony MDR EX600, W4, j-Phonic K2-sp, Monster Coppers, Tri-fi 10, UE700,  Meelectronics 161p, Ortofon e-Q7 and JVC HA-FXT90) but I also use on a consistent basis mobile headphones such as the Sennheiser HD25-i-ii, Bayer DT1350, Sony XB700, V-MODA M80 and have ordered the soon to be shipped V-MODA M100. After reading this thread I'm tempted to give this DAP a shot but I would like to ask some more questions before commiting myself and possibly making a mistake on gear that might not suit me.

1) A few months ago I had my attention on the Studio V but decided against such a buy due to complaints involving heavy hiss on IEM's. I hate hiss with a passion and I'm rather confused by the comments on this thread involving some users reporting a soft hiss and others saying the background was black on the BA. Could someone please clear up the confusing reports please?

2) Some of my music is comprised of mixes etc which requires gapless playback capabilities. Does the BA or any of the Rocoo players support gapless playback?

3) The vast majority of my files are either ALAC or AIFF and I really don't want to be spending weeks re encoding all my files to FLAC especially when I intend to keep using my iPod Touch. Does the BA support those 2 file formats?

4) My DT1350 although it can be driven from an iPod it doesn't sound it's best unless it's amped with gain set on high plus it's known for having a bright energetic high end. Would the BA be a good choice for my DT1350? I really like the clarity of the DT1350 from my UHA-4 and my ALO amp and I'm worried the BA might not have enough grunt to drive them properly or might make them sound to harsh.

5) I see most people on here are using 32 gig SDCards and the odd person has commented the BA can use a 64 gig SDCard as long as it's formatted to FAT32. Does anyone know if the BA will be able to use the new 128 gig cards when they come out and if I was to decide to go with a 64 gig card what would be a good safe choice for an SDCard.

6) Final question, in everyone's opinion is the UI smooth and bug free. I've seen the odd post on here detailing some problems with the player but they seem far from the general overall consensus. Is there any quirks I should know about before making my final decision?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may choose to answer my questions

Sep 7, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #281 of 632
Digital Freak the UI is rather basic and does have its own quirks. I'd say access all your music via the resource menu and it shouldn't be so bad. Its not gonna be ipod quality telling you right now. If you want that then stick to your ipod. I also recommend you hang tight and wait for my impressions on the Studio V 3rd ANV because that unit is clearly superior to the Rocoo BA. Maybe even shoot Jack a PM and ask him about doing a review on his unit at 50% off. Well worth that price IMO for what you get.

Back to the UI, when you initially turn on the device you have the option to play all music from both the internal and external memory by clicking "play now" and you can have it shuffle if that's your cup of tea. It random shuffle is quite good as well.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/621204/trade-for-the-perfect-player-in-the-world-hisound-s-studio-3rd-anniversary-edition

Sep 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM Post #282 of 632
Quote:
Cube C60 kills HSA BA like a monkey newspaper :):):)

etysmile.gif
Cube C60 sounds very similar as Cube C30 (i have cube c30 and it sounds worse than rocoo BA in any aspect) and Rocoo BA is Cubes Killer, i think that u like easy sounding music as Hip Hop , so u dont need
perfectly neutral sounding player, character of rocoo BA is neutral but dynamic and very detailed air sound , i love him for rock, metal, classis music,
for electronic music and hip hap hop are most players good
atsmile.gif

Sep 7, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #283 of 632
Quote:
1) A few months ago I had my attention on the Studio V but decided against such a buy due to complaints involving heavy hiss on IEM's. I hate hiss with a passion and I'm rather confused by the comments on this thread involving some users reporting a soft hiss and others saying the background was black on the BA. Could someone please clear up the confusing reports please?

2) Some of my music is comprised of mixes etc which requires gapless playback capabilities. Does the BA or any of the Rocoo players support gapless playback?

3) The vast majority of my files are either ALAC or AIFF and I really don't want to be spending weeks re encoding all my files to FLAC especially when I intend to keep using my iPod Touch. Does the BA support those 2 file formats?

4) My DT1350 although it can be driven from an iPod it doesn't sound it's best unless it's amped with gain set on high plus it's known for having a bright energetic high end. Would the BA be a good choice for my DT1350? I really like the clarity of the DT1350 from my UHA-4 and my ALO amp and I'm worried the BA might not have enough grunt to drive them properly or might make them sound to harsh.

5) I see most people on here are using 32 gig SDCards and the odd person has commented the BA can use a 64 gig SDCard as long as it's formatted to FAT32. Does anyone know if the BA will be able to use the new 128 gig cards when they come out and if I was to decide to go with a 64 gig card what would be a good safe choice for an SDCard.

6) Final question, in everyone's opinion is the UI smooth and bug free. I've seen the odd post on here detailing some problems with the player but they seem far from the general overall consensus. Is there any quirks I should know about before making my final decision?

Thanks in advance to anyone who may choose to answer my questions

1. Unless you are super duper sensitive to hiss, you should be ok. I would say the majority of Rocoo BA users don't have issues with hiss...........yeah, I'm looking at you lee!
tongue.gif
...jk

2. No gapless playback

3. Don't know. I only use FLAC and the occasional mp3 file

4. My DT1350 is looong gone, but I can almost say with certainty Rocoo BA will not drive to very loud levels.

5. I use(like many others) SanDisk Ultra 64 GB microSDXC, mine's a class 10, no problems

6. The UI can lag a bit at times, definitely not as fast as any ipod. Also, I believe that having your Music properly tagged will save you a lot of headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back