Hisoundaudio ROCOO BA - Superior Hi-Fi player for Ciem's & Iem's
Sep 27, 2013 at 7:53 PM Post #601 of 632

Well the person you sold yours too, is the person I bought mine from.  
biggrin.gif
 I will say his price wasn't as attractive as yours.  

lol it was more attractive than its original price though. Like $100 off I think? :p.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #602 of 632
I figured you must be flipping it or something if you owned two previously and want a third lol :p

Doesnt bug me since its literally been sitting here and I've had no luck selling it in the past.

(plus I wont tell how much I paid for it ;p)

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #603 of 632
  I figured you must be flipping it or something if you owned two previously and want a third lol :p

Doesnt bug me since its literally been sitting here and I've had no luck selling it in the past.

(plus I wont tell how much I paid for it ;p)

Nah not into that practice. I had 2. One was basically for review purposes. That one was lost when I moved. The other was one I bought during a sale. I wanted to send the review unit off for others to demo while I still had a unit for myself and not suffer not having a unit lol. Then I was gonna later sell the extra unit to cover my cost for the one I paid for. But that never happened. I ended up selling my only unit because I didn't feel I needed it at the time. I think it will pair well with my current IEMs so I figure why not give it a go at the price you offered it for. :). If I like it I'll keep it. If I don't I can just sell it at my cost.

Sep 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM Post #606 of 632
I also owned 2 BA's. One was for back up, but I eventually got rid of it because at the time I had the Rocoo P, 2 x BA, and Studio 3. Sold the Rocoo P, and stayed with the Studio and BA for some time now.

I've been selling most of my stuff off recently and just keeping the bare necessities so I kept the Studio and sold my second BA.  The BA is an outstanding grab and go player. Very small, light, rugged and drives my jh13's and other iems well. For the price PanpandaChan sold it at, it is just too tempting!

The reason I had all these Hisound players, is because I love the sound, but also because I've been able to jump on their early promotions, which I feel are closer to what these players should be priced at and not their current retail prices!

For those of you that were not around or unaware, those early promotions were for pretty much half price for their DAPs which made them a great value for me and many others that jumped at the opportunity to try out their (then) new players and were pleasantly surprised by the good audio qualities.

Unfortunately with all that has happened with Hisound and the retail price of (for example) the Studio 3, I cannot recommend these players, not at full retail price.
frown.gif

Sep 28, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #607 of 632
I don't know. Lee liked it as much as things costing almost twice as much. Of course deals are great but if the OS fits, it's still well worth the price. The AK120 and Hm901 are better but you kinda need to go to those to really beat it if 24/48 is enough for you. Happens to be a nice res for portable use.

That and I can do this with it. Was great to have on vacation with my JH13s.

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:50 AM Post #608 of 632
absolutely, yes!

If so many users didn't encounter problems with these players as they do and having to find workarounds and such just to keep their players functioning properly, I believe the retail price would be justified and very reasonable.

I for one, am 100% happy with my purchases from Hisound, I have been using their daps almost exclusively for 2 years now, and that says a lot in this hobby.  For the amount of gear I go thru, these little bricks have been keepers for me! I love them!

Also, as far as resolution goes, 24/48 WAV is perfectly acceptable for my uses.
smile.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #609 of 632
While the user issue is valid, remember that on forums, problems become more pronounced. Squeaky wheels make the most noise which is fair enough. Much has also been user issues like hot swaps, tags etc. but I suppose that could be shared with the OS. Like you, I never had issue with it but for me, if I can find it and play it, I'm good. 
ksc75smile.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM Post #610 of 632
yep. I can't recall how many issues have come up on these Hisound threads that were caused by improper tagging, popping out the memory card when the unit hasn't been completely powered off, etc.
it does take a bit on the user's part, but treat her kind and you will be rewarded.
wink.gif

Oct 3, 2013 at 7:55 AM Post #613 of 632
Has anyone installed the new firmware yet?

Oct 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #615 of 632
  I think most liked the studio dynamic FW on it. #20111223 from almost 2 years back. 20130712 had some bugs and is not recommended.

I'm preferring the Studio BA firmware with 2048 allocation on the Rocoo BA. It pairs very well with both the SE5 and Flat 4 Sui. haven't tried the 1Plus2 yet but I have a feeling it will pair better than the Studio V (since updating to the gold cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back