High End IEM Choice
Sep 25, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #47 of 61

Quote:
Ah ok, then have fun searching
tongue.gif

Se535's were neutral, but way to over priced for what they offered lol

In the beginning I was thinking I could spend up to $500, but somehow became more aware and do not want to go crazy buying them as I do not use them a lot. I have a pair of T1s and a pair of MX980s and IEMs are for flights only.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #48 of 61
to Well if u use them, then fair enough, its just that, when I find £285 earphones marginally better in highs and much worse in the bass department than my £90 c710 denon's, I can't justify shelling out an extra 200 for them.
Its like buying an ifail4, and finding out you could have bought a samsung for half the price and have the same functionaries as the apple...

People on head-fi tend to forget the value of money...

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #49 of 61

Quote:
to Well if u use them, then fair enough, its just that, when I find £285 earphones marginally better in highs and much worse in the bass department than my £90 c710 denon's, I can't justify shelling out an extra 200 for them.
Its like buying an ifail4, and finding out you could have bought a samsung for half the price and have the same functionaries as the apple...

People on head-fi tend to forget the value of money...

I think you forget about currency symbols. I said CK10s are $289 and 289GBP. 

Do not tell me what you like and dislike, I know I do not want C-710 as they are simply not for me - I had D7000s and did not like them either. I prefer neutral sound over bass, bass, bass.

Sep 25, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #51 of 61

Quote:
Lol, you don't get my point...i know your currency, saw it before.
Fyi: next week will mark me going through £880 of earphones in 2 weeks...

And be a little polite, it won't hurt...

I put $ there and not GBP, does not matter where I live.

I do not need to know how much you spent on headphones as it is none of my business. 

Do not push anything on me as that does not work in here and I will keep my calm.

Sep 25, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #52 of 61
Ah, having fit issues with the EX600 eh? I had the same problem when I first got them. What I did was bend the hell out of the memory wire so that it would actually comply to what I wanted it to do lol. If you've tried that, then yeah, I would sell them.

Also, have you looked into the e-Q5 at all? When I had both the EX600 and e-Q5, the e-Q5 had almost an identical sound signature. I don't know if that's from listening to them back and forth or something, but they were great IEM... Oh, and the fit couldn't have been better :)

Sep 25, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #53 of 61

Quote:
Ah, having fit issues with the EX600 eh? I had the same problem when I first got them. What I did was bend the hell out of the memory wire so that it would actually comply to what I wanted it to do lol. If you've tried that, then yeah, I would sell them.

Also, have you looked into the e-Q5 at all? When I had both the EX600 and e-Q5, the e-Q5 had almost an identical sound signature. I don't know if that's from listening to them back and forth or something, but they were great IEM... Oh, and the fit couldn't have been better :)

Yeah, I tried bending the hooks. It does not help the fact that thay are a pain to put on.

I looked at eq5, but I am not sure they are what I want. Now I am just waiting for a moment to buy a pair of CK10s.

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #55 of 61

Quote:
I messaged Sony and they said the warranty is 1 year if you buy from an authorised dealer.

and how much does it cost vs. a non-authorised dealer?
In other words when I was enquiring about buying some EX700's
They basically said:
"You either buy from us the sony store for around £250"
Or you buy from Amazon, for £140, and your warranty isn't valid

My reply:
OR I buy from another company, such as westone, I think I'll do that (and did so buying the W2's lol)

Sep 27, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #56 of 61

Quote:
and how much does it cost vs. a non-authorised dealer?
In other words when I was enquiring about buying some EX700's They basically said:
"You either buy from us the sony store for around £250"
Or you buy from Amazon, for £140, and your warranty isn't valid

My reply:
OR I buy from another company, such as westone, I think I'll do that (and did so buying the W2's lol)

Whatever Sony say, Amazon will have to provide warranty. Read up on consumer rights in the UK and EU. 

Sep 27, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #57 of 61

Quote:

Whatever Sony say, Amazon will have to provide warranty. Read up on consumer rights in the UK and EU. 

amazon will only provide 1 year.

EU law says 2, but I don't think amazon was founded in the EU and thus isn't subject to such laws - correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 100% sure that amazon UK only covers 1 year

Either or, its a joke that Sony don't offer it.

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #58 of 61
I basically went onto the German google and typed in Sony Mdr-ex 1000 into shoppping, gave me a group of shops selling them for about £280. I gave them the link to one of the shops and they said i could have the 1 year warranty since it was authorised. :D

Sep 27, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #59 of 61

Quote:

amazon will only provide 1 year.

EU law says 2, but I don't think amazon was founded in the EU and thus isn't subject to such laws - correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 100% sure that amazon UK only covers 1 year

Either or, its a joke that Sony don't offer it.

It doesn't matter where it is founded. If the goods are sold in the EU, then it is subject to the consumer laws. Most retailers here in AU claim the same thing but when I talked to them about the consumer laws they gave in. It just took some effort.

Sep 27, 2011 at 5:08 PM Post #60 of 61

Quote:
It doesn't matter where it is founded. If the goods are sold in the EU, then it is subject to the consumer laws. Most retailers here in AU claim the same thing but when I talked to them about the consumer laws they gave in. It just took some effort.

hehe good man.
Although...Denon also only offer 1 year.
Sony = 1 year
Westone 1 & 2 year

TFTA = 2 year = under EU law as they are a UK based company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back