High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Nov 5, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #3,256 of 4,183
Hello cable people,

I know this may be considered sacrilege, but for quite a while I've wanted a high-end cable that has a mic and works with an Iphone. I know that such a cable flys in the face of TOTL cables and any mic attachment will ruin the audio chain, but it would still be very helpful. Thanks!

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #3,257 of 4,183
Hello cable people, I know this may be considered sacrilege, but for quite a while I've wanted a high-end cable that has a mic and works with an Iphone. I know that such a cable flys in the face of TOTL cables and any mic attachment will ruin the audio chain, but it would still be very helpful. Thanks!

I own the AAW Capri cable and I am pretty happy about the SQ, there is a 24/96 DAC and mini balanced amp as well... you can get it with MMCX or 2 Pin termination :) Not sure there is a mic... never use it. I'll check.

Edit : there is a mic...

2_70967c00-5483-4166-8d0b-8ce08b284fef_2000x.png

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2019 at 11:53 AM Post #3,258 of 4,183
I own the AAW Capri cable and I am pretty happy about the SQ, there is a 24/96 DAC and mini balanced amp as well... you can get it with MMCX or 2 Pin termination :) Not sure there is a mic... never use it. I'll check.

Edit : there is a mic...

I was looking at that, I know it had kinda a rocky start when it was in Kickstarter and it doesn’t have a mic, but looks like a good option for mic-less

Nov 5, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #3,259 of 4,183
I was looking at that, I know it had kinda a rocky start when it was in Kickstarter and it doesn’t have a mic, but looks like a good option for mic-less

I'll check but it does support phone call so I'd say there is a mic... and it's very good performer IMHO

Nov 5, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #3,260 of 4,183
I'll check but it does support phone call so I'd say there is a mic... and it's very good performer IMHO

Regardless it’s not too expensive so I’ll give it a shot and report back!

Nov 5, 2019 at 9:24 PM Post #3,262 of 4,183
@ceeloChamp check out the PlusSound Poetic series too. Or any of their four wire cables really. There's a $50 option to add in a mic.

Now back to making fun of you for wanting a mic...

-Collin-

How dare you! But that is very helpful information, I didn’t know Plusssound had a lightning and mic, thanks man!

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:51 PM Post #3,264 of 4,183
HI everyone, I have a 64audio custom A18 monitor and already had some aftermarket cables, like effect audio lionheart, forza audio cable, dita truth replacement and the stock cables.
I think the stock cable 2.5 mm sounds best so far, the dita cable was also nice - but sounded more "closed and centered" but the dita cable was really durable and I really liked the awesome plugs. But the 2 pin connector broke off :frowning2:
I actually don't know why custom in ears always come with 2 pin connectors instead of mcx?

So I was wondering if someone please give some advice on a good cable that pairs really great with the A18's? Budget max 500 eur.
Does someone know of other cable manufactures that also use some type of "awesome plugs"like dita?
I usually pair my A18's with the ibasso DX220 with stock amp.

Thanks.

Nov 7, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #3,265 of 4,183
HI everyone, I have a 64audio custom A18 monitor and already had some aftermarket cables, like effect audio lionheart, forza audio cable, dita truth replacement and the stock cables.
I think the stock cable 2.5 mm sounds best so far, the dita cable was also nice - but sounded more "closed and centered" but the dita cable was really durable and I really liked the awesome plugs. But the 2 pin connector broke off :frowning2:
I actually don't know why custom in ears always come with 2 pin connectors instead of mcx?

So I was wondering if someone please give some advice on a good cable that pairs really great with the A18's? Budget max 500 eur.
Does someone know of other cable manufactures that also use some type of "awesome plugs"like dita?
I usually pair my A18's with the ibasso DX220 with stock amp.

Thanks.

dunu hulk uses swappable plugs like the Oslo.

Nov 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #3,266 of 4,183
dunu hulk uses swappable plugs like the Oslo.

Yep and even better system IMHO, smaller footprint, faster switch and more flattering material as well.

Hulk is a fantastic cable for the price, if you don’t mind the 22 AWG that makes its 4 wire look almost like and 8 wire cable :p But it’s supple and very usable IMHO even on the go. Sonically, You get tight bass with great control, clean mids and good lower treble energy, you won’t get the best upper treble but it’s pretty good though. A nice black background is also worth mentioning.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2019 at 3:36 AM Post #3,268 of 4,183
I just got the Ares Audio Sakeishi for a week and still listen with N6ii and Phantom. Love its clean and clear sounding in all spectrum with smooth details in treble (no harsh), sweet midrange especially in vocals and punchier, defined and deep bass. Will order the new one Sekai for Valkyrie. :smile_phones:
+1 I am very impressed with the Sakeishi. It's a huge step up from their previous cables and it sounds fantastic imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back