High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Oct 25, 2019 at 3:06 AM Post #3,244 of 4,183
Do 8 wire cables have inherently better longevity?

I suppose it makes sense that they're less prone to stiffening and tears due to the construction and braid, but it would be nice if someone who's owned one for a while can confirm :)

Oct 25, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #3,245 of 4,183
Do 8 wire cables have inherently better longevity?

I suppose it makes sense that they're less prone to stiffening and tears due to the construction and braid, but it would be nice if someone who's owned one for a while can confirm :)

One thing's for sure: They're not gonna unravel on you.

Oct 27, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #3,248 of 4,183
My Han Sound Zentoo review is live for anyone interested in their updated entry-level model.

Han Sound Audio Zentoo_10.jpg

Oct 30, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #3,251 of 4,183
Hey All,

I just saw some really nice looking cables from 'Ares Audio' from Singapore, has anyone heard of this brand? They don't let you customize the cables a lot, but they are on the cheap side for the materials used in them and they look pretty good to my eyes.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

Oct 30, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #3,252 of 4,183
Oct 30, 2019 at 8:21 PM Post #3,253 of 4,183
Hey All,

I just saw some really nice looking cables from 'Ares Audio' from Singapore, has anyone heard of this brand? They don't let you customize the cables a lot, but they are on the cheap side for the materials used in them and they look pretty good to my eyes.

My opinion is that they use very cheap materials bought off taobao and that U can buy something better with more RnD behind it. I feel that while their marketing and build quality is excellent, that's all you're paying for

Oct 30, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #3,254 of 4,183

I just got the Ares Audio Sakeishi for a week and still listen with N6ii and Phantom. Love its clean and clear sounding in all spectrum with smooth details in treble (no harsh), sweet midrange especially in vocals and punchier, defined and deep bass. Will order the new one Sekai for Valkyrie. :smile_phones:

Nov 3, 2019 at 1:18 AM Post #3,255 of 4,183
Hansound Zentoo Short Review
  • Han Sound Audio's revision of their zen did not change much looks wise, soft and supple cable albeit slightly bulky connectors (may be a nuisance/extra durability however you view it). Nice coppery shine to it. This cable is a demo unit from Music Sanctuary.
  • Sound wise is quite different from the previous version. This cable is pretty warm. I demoed it with Hyla CE-5, a W/V shaped signature IEM fyi. DAP used is Shanling M0 running flac. The zentoo helps in fixing the tonality issue of the lower mids Hyla CE5 and is known to have and makes male vocals sound fuller. Its warmer sounding than Effect Audio's Ares as well as PW no.5 cable from memory. Take this with a pinch of salt as i last tried those two cables half a year ago or so. Mids are thus inherently warmer and meatier as a whole. Treble/highs feel rather untouched, and can appear to be unexciting seeing the improvements and added flavour this cable gives throughout the bass-lower mids area. Nontheless, treble details are still present.
    IMG_20191102_133045.jpg
  • I would recommend this cable to be paired with those IEMs that are on the brighter side/recessed male vocals as well as anyone that simply wants a non fatiguing listen.
  • TLDR warm, non fatiguing cable that doesnt lose out in resolution with others in the entry range.

Attachments

• IMG_20191102_133100.jpg
    IMG_20191102_133100.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back