High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Aug 5, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #136 of 4,183
hi Friends plz help me
i have a shure se846 and fiio x7 which one best upgarde cable in range 500$ us???
plussound x8 silver plated copper good sound with se846???
my music edm and vocal trance.

What kind of characteristics do you find important when listening to EDM? I also listen to EDM, but I just prioritise definition, separation, and treble sparkle. In that case I would just recommend any silver cable in the $300 - $400 region, something like Audiominor's Celestine, Rhapsodio Silver Litz or Luna (better resolution vs. slightly warmer and emotional sound), Toxic Silver Widow, etc. 

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #137 of 4,183
hi Friends plz help me
i have a shure se846 and fiio x7 which one best upgarde cable in range 500$ us???
plussound x8 silver plated copper good sound with se846???
my music edm and vocal trance.
Easy, the Astell & Kern Crystal Cable not only is it all around clean sounding, up front music presentation detailed treble and thick mids but it will improve the sub bass on your 846.Another great cable is by YY Pro Audios Tucana IEM Cable. It will provide hard and thick impactful bass, detailed mids and treble. Soft cable easy to use on the go. I do like that Plussound cable aswell but the two I mentioned will give you a stronger bass.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #138 of 4,183
Aug 10, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #140 of 4,183
What kind of characteristics do you find important when listening to EDM? I also listen to EDM, but I just prioritise definition, separation, and treble sparkle. In that case I would just recommend any silver cable in the $300 - $400 region, something like Audiominor's Celestine, Rhapsodio Silver Litz or Luna (better resolution vs. slightly warmer and emotional sound), Toxic Silver Widow, etc. 

Give Norne Audio's Therium Silver a try, incredible cable, Trevor's an artist and they are reasonably priced versus the competition.

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #141 of 4,183
Give Norne Audio's Therium Silver a try, incredible cable, Trevor's an artist and they are reasonably priced versus the competition.

Have indeed heard good things about it, was a popular cable on the Empire thread to pair with Zeus I believe!

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #142 of 4,183
nice nice thread, so I have the zeus R, and I am in looks for a great cable that focuses on a wide sound stage and great bass and full layered vocals

I do not care about adding more highs as the zeus r has just about exactly the highs I need

any recommendations

Aug 11, 2016 at 9:10 AM Post #143 of 4,183
Generally speaking hybrid cables tend to have a wider stage and spacious sound, if that is the priority. The last one I tried was the Audiominor Hybrid, it was pretty good and has a neutral sound. For great bass I tend to let @jmills8 do the recommendations, I think he can help you better than I can in that department.

Aug 11, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #144 of 4,183
  nice nice thread, so I have the zeus R, and I am in looks for a great cable that focuses on a wide sound stage and great bass and full layered vocals

I do not care about adding more highs as the zeus r has just about exactly the highs I need

any recommendations

After I switched to TWau (Whiplash gold plated silver cable) with Zeus-R, everything else pales in comparison.  The bass comes alive in Z-R and the sound becomes more balanced in comparison to slightly mid-forward signature with a stock BTG Starlight SPC.

Aug 11, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #145 of 4,183
Anyone know where to find a MMCX cable that has right-angled MMCX connections? I am looking for some to go with a new product I'm reviewing.

Example product

I checked a couple sites already, and I've only found straight-ended cables.

Aug 12, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #146 of 4,183
YY Pro Audio Tucana IEM Cable. Pure Copper cable that is able to give it all. Deep thick quality bass, clear articulate mids that are not recessed nor upfront that puts you in the first row,and detailed extended treble. All this plus a wide sound stage.

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:19 AM Post #147 of 4,183
YY Pro Audio Tucana IEM Cable. Pure Copper cable that is able to give it all. Deep thick quality bass, clear articulate mids that are not recessed nor upfront that puts you in the first row,and detailed extended treble. All this plus a wide sound stage.

Sounds like my kind of cable, how is it with the asg 2.5 and how does it compare to your other cables?

Aug 12, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #148 of 4,183
Sounds like my kind of cable, how is it with the asg 2.5 and how does it compare to your other cables?

The sound I described was with the 2.5. I cannot listen to the 2.5 with its stock cable, especially after listening to this.

Aug 12, 2016 at 8:04 AM Post #149 of 4,183

The sound I described was with the 2.5. I cannot listen to the 2.5 with its stock cable, especially after listening to this.

looks solid and your description is really intriguing me

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #150 of 4,183
Hi everyone,

Instead of reviewing (for the moment at least), I am searching for your wise advice. I have the fitear 335 studio upgraded, paired with the cowon plenue S. Hence, I am looking for a balance cable. It would be my first one, so I have totally no experience with cables and am a bit lost where to start. I Shirley wouldn't dare to order a random cable online without the necessary details about how to pick a cable.

First of all, my music style is heavily instrument-based. I mostly listen to classic rock (pink Floyd etc), metal, but as well classical music. For that reason I would love to have a very clear and wide sound stage, a well separated sound to clearly identify instruments in complex interplay. Since the fitear is a base monster, I would not mind cutting the overwhelming base a bit back and rather get a finer sound in the middle and treble.

While browsing online I found cables from 200-1500 USD and the first question is of course which range makes sense. How much better can a 1500 USD cable be compared to a, let's say, 700 USD one, of course irrespective of the materials used (found some cables with platinum and crystals for horrendous prices).
Second, which materials or mixes would you suggest for my preferences in music and what is, eg, on a sound level the difference between a thin, finely woven silver cable and a monster fat quadruple helix boundle?

Some of the questions may be stupid but I am really a dummy in this field, so thanks a lot for your answers and advices, I highly appreciate it!!

Best regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back