High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jan 18, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #4,051 of 4,183
Cardas Clear Light.
It is the same thickness as the PW Stormbreaker. And, it would seem, even the conductor is similar. However, there is a difference. Cardas is a little warmer and more emotional. Stormbreaker is more V-shaped and wider.
I have heard the EE odin and the stock cable, the Storm breaker is some how too aggressive in the upper frequency but lack of density and extension in the lower range.

Jan 19, 2022 at 9:56 AM Post #4,052 of 4,183
I have heard the EE odin and the stock cable, the Storm breaker is some how too aggressive in the upper frequency but lack of density and extension in the lower range.
In my impression, Cardas Clear Light does not have these problems. It is not darker, but it's just more organic in general and doesn't emphasize high frequencies, paying more attention to midrange.

Jan 21, 2022 at 5:29 PM Post #4,053 of 4,183
greetings, can i ask if a silver cable shows oxidation, how would that affect the cable conductivity, as my silver cable is showing oxidation

Jan 21, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #4,054 of 4,183
greetings, can i ask if a silver cable shows oxidation, how would that affect the cable conductivity, as my silver cable is showing oxidation
Theoretically, the impact is bad. Because the oxide has a lower conductivity than pure metal. Practically - this is a very small part. So in practice it is hardly possible to hear the changes. In addition, silver cables often turn green. However, sometimes this is also the case for copper.

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #4,055 of 4,183
hi any good palladium iem cables sold for 300 usd, or are all palladium cables extremely expensive

Jan 22, 2022 at 11:12 AM Post #4,056 of 4,183
hi any good palladium iem cables sold for 300 usd, or are all palladium cables extremely expensive
It is more expensive than Gold Plated cable, 300$ is hard to get a real

Apr 28, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #4,059 of 4,183
If someone is looking for a new in box PWAudio First Times, have a look at my classifieds listing :wink:.

May 1, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #4,063 of 4,183
May 1, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #4,064 of 4,183
Has anyone tried these pure silver cables?
TItan Ag - Labkable
Dream Duet
Silver Dragon - Moon Audio
The first and second I did try.
I use Pure Silver by Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3.

And I used Labkable Samusai 3, Ag / Pt, it's good. However, it may be a little too soft at high frequencies. The sound is a bit analog.

Silver Dragon is a very good cable for its price. I made myself a "Double Dragon" - a double version of the cable. Moderately thick (I have thicker cables). Maybe the stock version can only be called a little rigid, but my version does not have this bad.
Little problem - this is not stock cable, you can't buy it from Moon Audio. So I buy 3 meter and made 1.5 m cable with double thickness.
IMG_20220219_180001.jpg

In addition, pure silver usually gives an honest, smooth and transparent sound. Although in practice you need to see what kind of cable is meant. Some additive to silver (gold, platinum, palladium) usually shifts the sound to a slightly more analog and warm sound.
Which one gives the best improvement in terms of clarity?
If you need something honest and transparent, I would choose Silver Dragon. This is exactly what I liked, for example, with my EE Wraith.

Updated:
I was wrong, Titan Ag and Crystal Cable Dream Duet are still pure silver. Both companies' love of experimenting with materials misled me.

Last edited:
May 2, 2022 at 12:35 AM Post #4,065 of 4,183
The first and second I did try. And this is not pure silver.
Pure Silver Only Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3.

I used Labkable Samusai 3, Ag / Pt, it's good. However, it may be a little too soft at high frequencies. The sound is a bit analog.

Silver Dragon is a very good cable for its price. I made myself a "Double Dragon" - a double version of the cable. Moderately thick (I have thicker cables). Maybe the stock version can only be called a little rigid, but my version does not have this bad.
IMG_20220219_180001.jpg
In addition, pure silver usually gives an honest, smooth and transparent sound. Although in practice you need to see what kind of cable is meant. Some additive to silver (gold, platinum, palladium) usually shifts the sound to a slightly more analog and warm sound.

If you need something honest and transparent, I would choose Silver Dragon. This is exactly what I liked, for example, with my EE Wraith.

THank you for your reply on the cables above.

Isn't the Wraith already very high sounding? Pairing it with silver dragon not overkill?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back