High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
May 2, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #4,066 of 4,183
Has anyone tried these pure silver cables?

TItan Ag - Labkable
Dream Duet
Silver Dragon - Moon Audio

Which one gives the best improvement in terms of clarity?

Which is the best for JH Layla?

Thanks
4pin or 7 Pin JH Audio?
Makes a difference as not all cable makers support the 7pin connector yet.

I had the Silver Dragon from Moon Audio and it was an improvement over the stock older cable, but the newer JH Audio cable is not bad, (the newer Litz is much better than the older one), but still can be improved on
I eventually moved on to and own cable from other makers for JH Audio IEM's that improved on the Sound Quality even over the Silver Dragon
Take a look at PlusSound Audio, as they make cable for both 4pin (older connector) and 7pin and you have multiple cable choices

You don't mention what part of the audio spectrum you are trying to improve on?
JH Audio house sound (except for the Jolene's) tend to be on the darker side so many look to brighten them up, others want to change mids and that is a different cable make up
Some choices from PlusSound that I've enjoyed with JH Audio is their Gold Platted Silver, their Tri-Silver (Straight Silver, Silver Gold Alloy and Palladium platted silver) and their Palladium Platted Hybrid (Palladium Platted Silver and Palladium Platted Copper)

May 2, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #4,067 of 4,183
THank you for your reply on the cables above.

Isn't the Wraith already very high sounding? Pairing it with silver dragon not overkill?
No, Wraith have good high frequencies, but I've always had few of them. The problem is not that the IEMs are dark, they just need to be quite neat. And I like the slightly more pronounced sound of this part of the range. And here Silver Dragon turned out to be a little lighter than the stock (by the way, also pure silver) Effect Audio Cleopatra.
DHC Symbiote Elite 19 also proved to be very good. But this is a slightly different price.

May 18, 2022 at 12:19 PM Post #4,068 of 4,183
It has been so long. I hope everyone is doing well. Happy listening.

Plussound Copper+ Review

IMG_20220516_105403_469.jpg

Jun 2, 2022 at 8:47 PM Post #4,069 of 4,183
I don't know why, but the cables I purchase just aren't very durable from Aliexpress. It seems like after a year, they need to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best material cable that would absolutely be most durable. For example, I'm currently using the Yin yoo 16 Core Silver Plated Cable 2 pin 3.5 Balanced Cable and it's about to fall apart near the top portion of the cable. The cable is kinda thin so maybe that is the reason.

Are there any recommendations high end in this case that would be 100%+ more durable and will last me a lifetime?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2022 at 6:52 AM Post #4,070 of 4,183
I don't know why, but the cables I purchase just aren't very durable from Aliexpress. It seems like after a year, they need to be replaced. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the best material cable that would absolutely be most durable. For example, I'm currently using the Yin yoo 16 Core Silver Plated Cable 2 pin 3.5 Balanced Cable and it's about to fall apart near the top portion of the cable. The cable is kinda thin so maybe that is the reason.

Are there any recommendations high end in this case that would be 100%+ more durable and will last me a lifetime?
It will depend on your budget, but some companies that make tried and tested quality cables include:

Effect Audio
PW Audio
Eletech
Plussound
Satin Audio
Brise Audio
Dunu
Doctorjuggles

Jun 3, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #4,071 of 4,183
It will depend on your budget, but some companies that make tried and tested quality cables include:

Effect Audio
PW Audio
Eletech
Plussound
Satin Audio
Brise Audio
Dunu
Doctorjuggles
Would agree with all of these except for Satin. They basically just rip off the designs of the big brands and sell them cheaper, but you can really tell the difference in quality of the hardware, wire etc. Owned one a while back and it was a disaster, when I see their new releases it's a little "which cable did this rip off" game

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:14 AM Post #4,072 of 4,183
Would agree with all of these except for Satin. They basically just rip off the designs of the big brands and sell them cheaper, but you can really tell the difference in quality of the hardware, wire etc. Owned one a while back and it was a disaster, when I see their new releases it's a little "which cable did this rip off" game
I had a Satin Audio cable a couple of years ago and it was fine. No problems with hardware etc. The cost of entry to the range is also a bit easier on the wallet and so may be an option for those who may want to dip their toes into the cable market.

Jun 3, 2022 at 7:18 AM Post #4,073 of 4,183
I also have one from Satin Audio and have to say that is the best cable I paired with closed Audeze.

Jun 4, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #4,074 of 4,183
Reddle audio Caesar
(Tested and reviewed in kingsound store, HK.)
7DB726C1-C3B3-4980-980E-9096799D076A.jpeg

Not my own photo; I forgot to take a picture of it, apologies.

Specs:
Design / Special processingPrecise-Mix
Earphone PlugCM 2-pin, JH 4-pin, MMCX
Plug2.5mm Balanced, 3.5mm, 4.4mm Balanced
ConductorPure Copper, Pure Gold, Pure Silver
Cable Length1.2M
CollectionsReference series
MSRP: $16,680.00 – $16,980.00 HKD ($2100 USD above)

Review:
*BASED ON PAIRING WITH THE MOONDROP S8*
Cable is soft and supple, insulation does not feel sticky. Bass is not too strong, suitable amount of heft. Miss are quite warm in general, vocals do not sound shouty or harsh. Instruments mostly sounded neutral, although in some tracks the violins could sound a bit harsh. Treble is suitable, not forward nor laid back. Technicals are very good, violin staccatos are done perfectly. Soundstage wise is normal, not too wide but acceptable. Very slight microphonics is present, but is above average. Cable is quite thin, the Y split is large and ever so slightly heavy, chin slider is right up bad, just a piece of plastic. The plug is huge, but looks durable and has a rubber/plastic coating on the gold plated jack.

Conclusion:

The Reddle audio Caesar is a high end (potentially end game) cable that is a brilliant competitor in the cable competition, despite some slight drawbacks in terms of build quality and naturalness. I would recommend this cable for end game enthusiasts who uses a natural/slightly warm iem to balance out the slight harshness on instruments.

Rating:
Cable quality 8.5/10 (bad chin slider and too thin)
Sound: 9/10 (slight harshness in instruments, avg soundstage)
Overall: ~9/10

Thanks for reading guys.

Jun 4, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #4,075 of 4,183
What cable are you talking about? I had a Satin cable, and a few PS, PW, NA, EA,.. and some chinese cabes. Nothing wrong with the quality of satin hardware and wire, the hardware has a similar quality to other brands, or even better since satin offer TeCu and pure copper connectors. The wire actually is better somehow because it won't turn hard like other cables I got. Talking about this matter, I think the Inferno from Eletech looks pretty the same as satin perseus. I saw a photo of perseus a long time ago on May 2021, Audio Essence posted a photo of perseus in Otc 2021. Then 4 months later eletech release the Inferno. People who bought inferno even thought they are the same cable. I wouldn't say it is a "rip off".

Ảnh chụp Màn hình 2022-06-04 lúc 15.24.39.png

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #4,076 of 4,183
Got it 2 days ago. @doctorjuggles must be some king of cable god :) U12t sound more natural now and the reverbs...

Attachments

• 1950b.jpg
    1950b.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 9, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #4,077 of 4,183
I have a interesting question: is it generally accepted that we should choose a cable with a sound signature OPPOSITE to the iem/headphones? For example, you have a fairly bright iem and so you should get a slight warm cable (I’m using typical mainstream mindset of pursuing a more balanced or neutral sound)

Jun 9, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #4,078 of 4,183
I have a interesting question: is it generally accepted that we should choose a cable with a sound signature OPPOSITE to the iem/headphones? For example, you have a fairly bright iem and so you should get a slight warm cable (I’m using typical mainstream mindset of pursuing a more balanced or neutral sound)
That’s completely up to the individual. I’ve seen cables used to tame (or alleviate) an IEM’s colourations, like the EE Phantom + Leo II combo. I’ve also seen them amplify an IEM’s strengths, like pairing the punchy-sounding Han Sound Aegis with the already-punchy VE EVE20. So, it’s ultimately up to where you want your IEM to go.

Jun 11, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #4,080 of 4,183
PW audio First TimeS

3EFAE5CF-68D3-4461-81C6-B639DDCCC927.png

Specs:

Jacket Material: soft PVC and Morandi dark blue nylon jacket
Conductor Material: Copper
Conductor Gauge: 26.5AWG
Number of Conductors: 4

•New flagship of flagship series.
•Base on Orpheus cable structure as the cable design.
•Use a new type of copper as a conductor which we studied for about 9 months for testing and recording a result.
•Sound natural with details, good dynamic with enchanting vocals and a big soundstage like an open headphone.

Sound synopsis:

Warm, fairly neutral but very slightly towards the dark side. Bass is on point and well portrayed, punch is there while it’s not too boomy or too bassy; I’d describe the sound of the bass on this cable to be just right. Make vocals are thick and smooth, while female vocals are never shouty or harsh. I’m my opinion it kind of tames the 3k peak of some ‘weeb tuning’ iems like the moondrop s8. Treble is again smooth but not diminished at any way, also diminishes potential harshness of treble. Hotel California’s guitar harmonic at around 3:00 was tamed but just enough to keep it natural. It maintains the sparkle or brilliant treble extension of the moondrop s8.

Technicals:

This is where in my opinion the cable shines. The instrumental separation is super strong that I could very easily pinpoint where the instruments are and which instruments play on which side, even on poorly mixed tracks. Soundstage is wide, depth and height is above average but not as exaggerated as the width

Cable build/ quality:

The knitting is fairly loose and the texture of the cable feels cheap. The splitter is made of metal, hence noticeably heavy and the chin slider is quite stiff. The flexibility is average, and if feels like it’s gonna deform if I bend the cable even very slightly. The plug is quite heavy than average also. One thing I liked about the design is that it specifies the cable’s serial number, and demo products would be labelled as ‘demo!’ On one side of the splitter. This could effectively prevent resellers selling used demo cables to customers. But still, I didn’t like the build quality too much.

Conclusion:

This cable really excels in terms of both tonality and technical performances, just unfortunately the build quality isin’t on par with the sonic performance (IMO). This cable is suitable to be paired with fairly neutral to bright iems to tame down the 3k peak and some sibilance. If you want flagship sounding cables, make this be in your shortlist.

Rating:

Sonic performance: 9.5/10 (vocals could be slightly more present, but I’m nitpicking here)

Cable build: 8/10 (made of high quality materials but I didn’t like the loose knitting and the relatively heavy splitter and plug)

Final grade: 9/10 (cable texture and quality is definitely bugging me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back