High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 9, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #3,601 of 4,183
Depends on the 8-wire. The Ares ll 8-wire just opens up more, does not get congested at all. Better instrument placement and a bit wider soundstage compared to the 4-wire.

Apr 9, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #3,602 of 4,183
Depends on the 8-wire. The Ares ll 8-wire just opens up more, does not get congested at all. Better instrument placement and a bit wider soundstage compared to the 4-wire.

4-wire was a very mediocre cable , 8-wire was better but still far from saying it 'a great cable' (imho)

when this corona thing ends , do yourself a gift, and buy Lionheart (very good , blows ares 8w out of the water...) or 1960s 2w (this is even more great, a real TOTL cable) - a 2400$ iem deserves a fully great cable (but if you are on 7th heaven with ares 8w kudos to you)

You only Live Once.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2020 at 4:44 PM Post #3,603 of 4,183
I can't find a used 1960 in 2 pin 2.5. I ordered an Eletech Fortitude for fun, but it's hung up in Singapore due to lack of parts and them being closed down. I just got a PlusSound Exo Copper and am enjoying it. More warmth than the Ares while stillkeeping things transparent. Adds some nice crunch without losing the upper end. Remember, I don't need anything that will bring any more brightness into my chain. Hybrids really don't work for me. Pure coppers give the best results, so if I DO find a 1960 I'll likely go for it.

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:19 PM Post #3,604 of 4,183
my repaired Lioheart left Sinagpore on 3/20 and there is still zero update on its whereabouts , post is crap these days due to corona

if possible try and buy something from US

Apr 9, 2020 at 5:22 PM Post #3,605 of 4,183
I can't find a used 1960 in 2 pin 2.5. I ordered an Eletech Fortitude for fun, but it's hung up in Singapore due to lack of parts and them being closed down. I just got a PlusSound Exo Copper and am enjoying it. More warmth than the Ares while stillkeeping things transparent. Adds some nice crunch without losing the upper end. Remember, I don't need anything that will bring any more brightness into my chain. Hybrids really don't work for me. Pure coppers give the best results, so if I DO find a 1960 I'll likely go for it.

On the classified’s the poster oemerson has a 2 wire 1960 in 2pin, 2.5mm. Also the poster szore is selling his 1950 2 pin, 2.5mm. Good price on that one.

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #3,606 of 4,183

Did you check with musicteck for the PW Audio?

Apr 9, 2020 at 10:02 PM Post #3,607 of 4,183
On the classified’s the poster oemerson has a 2 wire 1960 in 2pin, 2.5mm. Also the poster szore is selling his 1950 2 pin, 2.5mm. Good price on that one.
Thanks. I contacted one of them.

Apr 10, 2020 at 12:22 AM Post #3,609 of 4,183
Apr 13, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #3,611 of 4,183
Hi guys this is my review of Eletech's Prudence, a silver-plated copper cable for your consideration.

https://www.headphonesty.com/2020/04/review-eletech-cables-prudence/

Prudence-04.jpg

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,612 of 4,183
Hey guys! Here is my review of Electro Acousti Cryo-Litz 7N UP-OCC & 7N SCC cables on Twister6. They are nice high quality cables priced very well. Have a look and let me know what you think. :D

I don't know if Electro Acousti has been talked about here in this thread or not. So here is a para from my review about the company.

Electro Acousti (EAC) is a cable brand and manufacturer based out of China. They offer a variety of high-quality wire materials, some of which are very cool, rare and uncommon. They manufacture their own accessories like jacks, connectors, Y-splits, terminations, etc. under their own brand called Eagle. You can order from their stock wire combinations and choose the accessories to go along with them or make a completely custom cable from scratch choosing whichever wire you like from the options they have, and have them make it completely as per your specifications. All these customization options along with good craftsmanship and high competitive pricing makes them a very enticing value for money high quality brand.

Some pictures as eye candy. :)

1.jpeg 2.jpeg
2.png 3.png
Hope I'm not creeping you out by digging out an older post, but Electro Acousti cables are a brand I'm keeping a tab on because of the materials, variety, and value for money prospect. They appeared in a sponsored Facebook ad with some really nice photos and I went into the rabbit hole. The seller is responsive and very polite (although using a translator) and from the discusion I bought the XS (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000413732979.html), a thick-gauge 8-wire OCC pure silver.

The build quality is impeccable, and at 8 wires the cable is soft and pliable. As for the sound, there is a lovely expansion of the soundstage with an excellent balance in tone and transparency. I haven't done any in-depth comparisons yet, but they are definitely worth the asking price.

XS.jpg

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:49 AM Post #3,613 of 4,183
Hope I'm not creeping you out by digging out an older post, but Electro Acousti cables are a brand I'm keeping a tab on because of the materials, variety, and value for money prospect. They appeared in a sponsored Facebook ad with some really nice photos and I went into the rabbit hole. The seller is responsive and very polite (although using a translator) and from the discusion I bought the XS (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000413732979.html), a thick-gauge 8-wire OCC pure silver.

The build quality is impeccable, and at 8 wires the cable is soft and pliable. As for the sound, there is a lovely expansion of the soundstage with an excellent balance in tone and transparency. I haven't done any in-depth comparisons yet, but they are definitely worth the asking price.

XS.jpg

Hey! Of course not! I haven't tried that one yet but happy to know you dig the brand too. :)

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #3,614 of 4,183
I bought MS series too. Wait for arrival.

If it is good, I will go for his palladium cable.

Apr 13, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #3,615 of 4,183
I bought MS series too. Wait for arrival.

If it is good, I will go for his palladium cable.
I have my eye on that too haha. Less than USD500 for a palladium, really hard to resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back