High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Apr 28, 2020 at 10:14 PM Post #3,631 of 4,183
Hi guys this is the review of Eletech's Prudence, now in Head-Fi.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/eletech-prudence.24231/reviews#item-review-23609

Prudence-02.jpg

May 4, 2020 at 5:23 PM Post #3,633 of 4,183
The Layla has a bass control on the cable, correct? Moon Audio makes nice cables that run around $350-500 with bass pots. You'd need to see what other makers might offer them.

May 5, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #3,634 of 4,183
The Layla has a bass control on the cable, correct? Moon Audio makes nice cables that run around $350-500 with bass pots. You'd need to see what other makers might offer them.

olddude, thank you, but bass control is does not mater for me(always max level). Maybe someone have experience with effect audio and labkable?

May 5, 2020 at 9:42 AM Post #3,635 of 4,183
olddude, thank you, but bass control is does not mater for me(always max level). Maybe someone have experience with effect audio and labkable?

Effect wouldn't be my first recommendation for JH cables. They've run into several issues in the past with the dial attached to the mids and treble instead of the bass. That said, though, maybe they wouldn't be a bad shout if you were planning to ditch the bass control anyway. I believe PlusSound and/or DHC can make JH cables with pre-set bass levels (i.e. 12 o' clock, 2 o' clock, max, etc.) by using resistors.

May 7, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #3,636 of 4,183
hi, can i ask for a great cable that adds a bit presence and richness to vocals like push them a bit front, but i do not want more detail as i want more lush organic sound and to tame treble a bit if possible with great low end. is there such cable?

May 7, 2020 at 9:29 PM Post #3,637 of 4,183
Sure- A good copper cable should do that. I'd suggest the PWAudio 1960 for all except the more detail. It does push the mids forward, it does add a good bottom end, and it does extend the treble while making the notes fuller so it ends up being less tinny treble and more clean. But as for detail, it does add a bit.

But everything depends on what your source is and what IEM you plan to attach it to. If you put those in your sig it would be a bit easier to figure out what might suit you. I wouldn't put the 1960 on an LX out of a WMZ. Also, Peter Wong told me the 1960 is very well suited for BA IEMs. So perhaps more info would help.

May 8, 2020 at 2:59 AM Post #3,638 of 4,183
hi, can i ask for a great cable that adds a bit presence and richness to vocals like push them a bit front, but i do not want more detail as i want more lush organic sound and to tame treble a bit if possible with great low end. is there such cable?

If you don’t mind splurging a bit, Effect Audio’s Janus D delivers pretty much all that. Though, I’d have to ask what you mean by “great” low-end. The Janus D’s is fairly tight and neutral; not adding to what the in-ear already has. Otherwise, though, I think that one’s a strong candidate.

May 8, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #3,639 of 4,183

I think cables from hansound fits your need. Their sound sig is towards lush and comfort.

Aegis 4, adds bass and juice to mid and low, high is fine and comfortable for long listening. Speed medium too. Good detail but not excessive, so not fatiguing. (Aegis 8 is really meaty and thick if that's what u want) (300 usd)

Kimera is also a good one, It's simpy aegis entirely shifted upwards for little bit. Therefore you get brighter / higher treble than aegis but lose a bit on sub bass. (600 usd)

I also have agni II 4&8 wire, its like kimera freq shifted upwards again, with faster speed and more detail. Less bass quantity. Still a laid back/comfort silver cable sound compare to maj of silvers. Only silver I heard better SQ and with comfort is crystal cable.

All hans are really nice cables to listen too. None of their cables are harsh at all. Aegis and kimera tuned for neutral bass, therefore not really tight type, I say tightness somewhere between med to tight, closer towards med.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 5:09 AM Post #3,640 of 4,183

which iem/dap are you gonna use it with ?

i think EA Lionheart ticks all these boxes in bold, i used it with my Zeus XR and i got a more lush sound without killing Zeus' amazing transparency

PW 1960s 2-wire is also a great cable and the one i currently use with my Zeus XR - such amazing clarity (without sounding clinical) and the lows gets a big boost, but it won't smooth out the treble as you want - plus it also costs double the money (1000$ new to LH's 500$)

but again , most important thing is again synergy - more expensive does not always mean better :wink:

May 8, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #3,641 of 4,183
May 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #3,642 of 4,183
May 9, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #3,643 of 4,183
which iem/dap are you gonna use it with ?

i think EA Lionheart ticks all these boxes in bold, i used it with my Zeus XR and i got a more lush sound without killing Zeus' amazing transparency

PW 1960s 2-wire is also a great cable and the one i currently use with my Zeus XR - such amazing clarity (without sounding clinical) and the lows gets a big boost, but it won't smooth out the treble as you want - plus it also costs double the money (1000$ new to LH's 500$)

but again , most important thing is again synergy - more expensive does not always mean better :wink:
thanks for the recommendation

May 9, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,644 of 4,183
Well, maybe in a near future I will get a chance to compare 4wire vs 8wire of this new @PLUSSOUND palladium plated hybrid cable. But in a meantime, here is a full review.

The "near future" will happen sooner than later :) @Vitaly2017 , since I just got on loan @PLUSSOUND PPH 8wire version. Will update my original review with comparison when I'm ready!

1589044982648.png

May 9, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #3,645 of 4,183
The "near future" will happen sooner than later :) @Vitaly2017 , since I just got on loan @PLUSSOUND PPH 8wire version. Will update my original review with comparison when I'm ready!

Neet! I am very curious how this 8wires new plussound competes vs pw1960 4wires in terms of details retrieval, resolution, treble and bass.
Of course dont forget the noir 🤩😍
Thank you @twister6

By the way thanks for amp t01 tests I found a good deal its on its way!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back