High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Jan 5, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #3,436 of 4,183
I am quite curious as well. I see you have a Medusa coming, and that is another cable I am interested in. Do you have the Medusa 2 coming, or the first version?
I have a Medusa coming from toxic in a few weeks, will be able to provide some impressions of that :)

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #3,437 of 4,183
I have a Medusa coming from toxic in a few weeks, will be able to provide some impressions of that :)
Cool! I was actually referring to the Satin Audio Medusa. I did not know Toxic was back, but curious about that too.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #3,438 of 4,183
Cool! I was actually referring to the Satin Audio Medusa. I did not know Toxic was back, but curious about that too.
Oooh mb

yeah they are - huge waiting line at the moment though :) and come to think of it I have the silver and black widow from toxic coming, not the Medusa - mb :p

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,441 of 4,183
Hey everyone! 'Just published my review of PW Audio's brand-new No. 10 IEM cable. It's a vivid and wholesome-sounding cable, and one of the most powerful I've heard in its price range. As always, I hope you enjoy. Cheers! :D

Thanks for another great review. Hopefully I can give it a try at CanJam NYC next month.

Jan 6, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #3,443 of 4,183
Thanks for another great review. Hopefully I can give it a try at CanJam NYC next month.

I could be wrong, but was under impression No10 will be released first at Music Sanctuary in SGP, thus don't think Musicteck will have it at their table next month. If I don't forget, I might bring No 10 to the show.

Jan 15, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #3,447 of 4,183
Which one is the best for spiral ear SE5WAY? Thanks.

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #3,448 of 4,183
Which one is the best for spiral ear SE5WAY? Thanks.

Wow, you're obviously a huge fan of Grzegorz work. Owning already 3 of his models with 2 others on their way to you :astonished:

I don't own a SE5 Way, but was lucky that I could get a SE5 Ult on a loan for several weeks in a row.
The owner was also a reviewer on THL and he wrote: I tend to usually listen to the 5-Way with its stock cable, despite an adequate arsenal of cables on hand. It’s partially because the recessed silicone sockets can be a pain to use with upgrade cables, but mostly because the pairing works just fine. The 5-Way constructs a warmer stage structure, and the OFC’s warm tone seems to dissolve in it. There are enough cables that create an airier sound. But this isn’t a stage that was intended to sound analytically clean. Similarly, its laid-back treble might not have the most sparkle, but contributes to the naturalness of the presentation.

I didn't swap cables with his SE5 as I didn't want to take the risk damaging the sockets, it wasn't mine afterall. But if you really want more air / sparkle a silver cable would probably suit best.
If budget ain't an issue for you, you might want to try something like the EA Horus, as that cable brings a lot of air / clarity to the table.

Oh, and I'm not sure if a Chord Mojo (which you are looking for according to your signature) would be able to bring out the best out of the SE5. I really liked the pairing with my Lotoo Paw Gold. So maybe it's worth taking a look at their new daps (similar signature with blacker background) LP Touch and the Paw 6K as well.

Anyway, good luck with your cable hunt :ksc75smile:

Jan 15, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #3,449 of 4,183
any advise what to pair the following with

1- Jhaudio lola-- I think I need to tame a bit 4-6khz, and add more warmth and body to the cable
2- Jhaudio angie- I think I need to add more body to the sound, tonality is good as is
3- Jhaudio roxanne-- I will get it today, so any recommendations

I am driving these with ibasso dx220 stock amp

Budget wise up to 600 usd for each, but prefer to stick lower cost if possible

Jan 15, 2020 at 7:34 AM Post #3,450 of 4,183
any advise what to pair the following with

1- Jhaudio lola-- I think I need to tame a bit 4-6khz, and add more warmth and body to the cable
2- Jhaudio angie- I think I need to add more body to the sound, tonality is good as is
3- Jhaudio roxanne-- I will get it today, so any recommendations

I am driving these with ibasso dx220 stock amp

Budget wise up to 600 usd for each, but prefer to stick lower cost if possible

Effect Audio’s Thor Silver II sounds like what you’re looking for for the Lola. It brings body and midrange presence, whilst also taming the treble spike. Their Maestro is a good alternative, but I don’t know whether or not they can make a JH-ready version of it with 8 wires and the bass pod.

For the Angie, Han Sound Audio’s 8-wire Aegis would certainly add body without colouring the tone too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back