High end (IEM) cable thread: impressions, pics, comparisons and reviews.
Aug 17, 2018 at 4:20 AM Post #2,251 of 4,183
That is the whole reason why I bring up the balanced/ unbalanced difference. As I have mentioned, in the 4 pole balanced design you have no poles left for the ground shielding to be separate. So if you want to keep out possible shielding noise you have to add a second plug for that ground. In the 3 pole unbalanced design the ground pole is already separate from the signal poles. The same is true for the 5 pole design in the 4.4. Which is why with the 4.4 Venom you no longer need the dual plug to take full advantage of the separate shield grounding (verified by Music-Sanctuary).

I can see the value in separating the shielding ground from the signal channels. What you are talking about is related but different. Is there value in separating out the shield grounding from the signal grounding (dual 3.5 unbalanced). I have a harder time seeing that because, in the same device, they are both going exactly to the same common ground. If you've confirmed with HSA that there is value in this, I am curious. You mentioned that it is "better." Please share why. I am not confused but I honestly would like to learn.
I asked a question to HSA whether it is better to make sure the signal vs shielding plug's ground are different and the response I got is a simple "yes". You may try to reach HSA for their explanation if possible. I'm not sure if the physical shielding on the cable plays a bigger part in reducing noise/interference or if the ground shield signal does more in the grand scale of things. From HSA's response, it seems like there is a "preferred" way of connecting things but it isn't critical to enjoy the Venom.

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:03 AM Post #2,252 of 4,183
1534503757501.jpg

Snake cable from Brise Audio priced at 400000 YEN has been recently announced.

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #2,254 of 4,183
I bet it’ll sound perfect paired with the Spiral Ear SE6. :p

The SE6's price has been adjusted, turns out the initial price was a joke, it is now over $3k USD... slightly cheaper than this cable lol

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:45 AM Post #2,255 of 4,183
The SE6's price has been adjusted, turns out the initial price was a joke, it is now over $3k USD... slightly cheaper than this cable lol

I’m aware, which makes this cable all the more... interesting. :wink:

Aug 17, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #2,257 of 4,183
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2018 at 7:46 PM Post #2,259 of 4,183
The prices are much higher than retail prices directly from Labkable.
I dont know about samurai 8 wire but 4 wire costs about 900 USD. The Titan 10 wire is about 2500 USD.
I have tested their cables at Can Jam Singapore but I bought Brimar Ultimate as it sounds much better than Titan. Brimar cables are much more expensive than Labkable but it is worth.

Aug 17, 2018 at 9:09 PM Post #2,260 of 4,183
The prices are much higher than retail prices directly from Labkable.
I dont know about samurai 8 wire but 4 wire costs about 900 USD. The Titan 10 wire is about 2500 USD.
I have tested their cables at Can Jam Singapore but I bought Brimar Ultimate as it sounds much better than Titan. Brimar cables are much more expensive than Labkable but it is worth.

That whole website/store is shady; when you scroll down they have Dita Truth replacement cable for US $2.5k w/$85 shipping, while you can buy it from Dita directly for $499.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #2,262 of 4,183
Okay this may be stepping into snake oil territory but I gotta ask, has anyone here tried Telos Audio's QBT on their cable and applied their quantum stickers on anything?

I just recently tried both and I'm wrapping my head around how the heck these things work. I do hear a difference in both cases, and I wonder if this is voodoo magic or some massive placebo effect.

Aug 18, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #2,263 of 4,183
Okay this may be stepping into snake oil territory but I gotta ask, has anyone here tried Telos Audio's QBT on their cable and applied their quantum stickers on anything?

I just recently tried both and I'm wrapping my head around how the heck these things work. I do hear a difference in both cases, and I wonder if this is voodoo magic or some massive placebo effect.

It's not a placebo effect, unless you start imagining wider soundstage, deeper bass, sweeter mids, etc. :p I just tested and reviewed Sixth Element accessories, and only did that because I had no idea what it's all about and thought it was a snake oil. But I do hear the difference, have no idea how exactly, but the sound background gets blacker, either if I apply their balls to the cable or use pads/stickers on the dap; sounds like a filter. Take a closer look at my write up, I approached it in a "scientific" way with different blind and a/b switching tests. Then, reading about what they use, seems they and probably others with stickers infuse their accessories with rare earth Lanthanides material (period 6 elements from periodic table). According to quantum mechanics, these elements form some kind of a quantum field that increases negative ions and does some other effect. I have no idea what/how/why, but I do hear a difference, not exactly night'n'day, but it's there.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #2,264 of 4,183
It's not a placebo effect, unless you start imagining wider soundstage, deeper bass, sweeter mids, etc. :p I just tested and reviewed Sixth Element accessories, and only did that because I had no idea what it's all about and thought it was a snake oil. But I do hear the difference, have no idea how exactly, but the sound background gets blacker, either if I apply their balls to the cable or use pads/stickers on the dap; sounds like a filter. Take a closer look at my write up, I approached it in a "scientific" way with different blind and a/b switching tests. Then, reading about what they use, seems they and probably others with stickers infuse their accessories with rare earth Lanthanides material (period 6 elements from periodic table). According to quantum mechanics, these elements form some kind of a quantum field that increases negative ions and does some other effect. I have no idea what/how/why, but I do hear a difference, not exactly night'n'day, but it's there.

Well, then yup I'm not imagining things :smile_phones:

Here's my experience with the two Telos service/products:

QBT: this is a cable burn-in service and I chose the 36 hour option for the Toxic Silver Widow 22 cable I've been using for a year. Listening to the cable after the service, I immediately noticed the vocals are not as recessed as before and the sub-bass has been extended. Overall, it's still the same cable but boy have things changed.

Quantum Stickers: I bought two black stickers out of the three available options: red, blue, or black. I applied the stickers on the exterior of the CM pins of my PlusSound Tri-Copper. Right away, I notice the sound stage has expanded and some increase in resolution as well.

I'm kind of blown away by these things right now to be honest.

Aug 18, 2018 at 10:39 AM Post #2,265 of 4,183
@ayang02 @twister6 : What are you talking about? :kissing:

I thought there is nobody here playing stickers. I bought 4 Brimar Stickers, also Blue and Black Telos Stickers too. Then I told my friend that what I bought. He asked me to resale some to him. The next step is..... iBasso DX200 Brimar x Telos sticker Mod.

Brimar Sticker 480 01.png

Brimar Sticker 480 02.png

After modding, @tekChansin said he want to buy more and more. Sadly He can't, hehe. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back