High End CIEM/IEM Thread!
Nov 12, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #196 of 903
Quick question for you guys, the other day I got my Frogbeats c4 stuck on my pocket and when I took them out the left side cable detached from the earphone, so I just connected it and everything went fine, but lately I noticed that the cable is now very loose and gets detached easily now even is getting some troubles if I move my head too quickly.

What do you recommend for that, should I try another cable or look for a resheling on another company since frogbeats is dead now?
I think you should first try to put some layers of tape on the part of the cable socket that goes inside the ciems in order to have it fit more tightly. That works if you have recessed sockets. If not it is a bit more tricky, you can very gently and slightly flatten the pins so they fit more tightly.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #197 of 903
I think you should first try to put some layers of tape on the part of the cable socket that goes inside the ciems in order to have it fit more tightly. That works if you have recessed sockets. If not it is a bit more tricky, you can very gently and slightly flatten the pins so they fit more tightly.

Thank you I will try that.

Have any of you listened to the K10 and the Roxanne, I wonder how would they compare to each other.

Which other CIEMS/IEMS do you think would be the most expected for this end of year?

I will buy a new pair this december, I am waiting for more reviews and comments to decide.

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #198 of 903
my moderate experience with IEMs thus far:

Sennheiser IE60. Not so good but made me interested in IEMs in the first place.
Sennheiser IE800. Very good. I own them now, having replaced my previous Sennheiser HD600, HD650, Orpheus, HE60, Stax SR007Mk1/Mk2.5, SR507
JH13. What? Anyone think these sound good?
AKG K3003. No, no, no. No.

What should I try next?

Nov 12, 2013 at 3:29 PM Post #199 of 903

Sennheiser IE800. Very good. I own them now, having replaced my previous Sennheiser HD600, HD650, Orpheus, HE60, Stax SR007Mk1/Mk2.5, SR507

What should I try next?

Spiral Ear SE5-way Reference.

Nov 12, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #201 of 903

What should I try next?

wow, you think the ie800 can beat the stax, hd60 and orpheus? what on earth are you driving them off of

Nov 13, 2013 at 3:44 AM Post #202 of 903

wow, you think the ie800 can beat the stax, hd60 and orpheus? what on earth are you driving them off of

Well I would´t say that anything "beats" anything. However, all phones have their issues, none is perfect. Even Orpheus and SR007. It is all about what sound signature gives you the most pleasure. All preconceptions put aside, I do believe the IE800 can give you just as much sonic pleasure as the Orpheus (having owned them).

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #207 of 903
Hi, am i too late to the party? 
gs1000.gif

Front to back,
1) Westone ES5 (Honestly i am trying not to eat it, the candy purple and wine red on this looks really delicious XD)
2) Jh13 (My favorite)
3) Rooth lsx2/ Null audio elpis (This dosent count as high end CIEM though lol its really inexpensive for an IEM)

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #209 of 903

Yes.  I do.

I think that the demo versions of the JH13s were not a very good fit and no seal, making the sound bad.

I had another listen today at the JH 16 pro. These were demo versions with small foam thingies attached, the fit was not very good so I had to put pressure on both pieces to get good sound.  Compared to my Ie800s.
Sound:
Bass: extension ok, not as deep as ie800. However bass in JH16 was better defined and more articulate, ie800 was a little muddy in comparison.
Mids: a bit more forward kids than ie800. Great resolution. However ie800 is also great. Tie.
Treble: In comparison, ie800s treble is slightly harsh and sibilant compared to JH16. The treble is more pronounced in ie800, sound is a bit airier/brighter at the extreme treble.

Summary: JH16pro is a bit more mid-focused than ie800, with good bass, although not as deep, and slightly less treble emphasis. Maybe more neutral. However ie800s kids are very, very good.
I played straight out of IP5s. Ie800 were more hard to drive and required higher output than JH16.

I like the JH16pro. Considering them or the JH Roxanne. Had my ear impressions made today!

Nov 19, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #210 of 903
Hi. I have been considering getting a replacement / upgrade from my ACS T1, which I consider to have an inherent flaw: the soft silicon allows internal wires and contacts to stretch / compress, causing them to break after a relatively short time ie. weeks or few months, instead of years.

However, I have ACS custom silicon sleeves on my old IE8. I know they are not "high end" but the principle of the seal and safety provided by soft silicon sleeves on a universal fit IEM is, in my mind, the optimum solution - short of a hard-shelled CIEM which incorporates soft silicon in the tips where they enter the ear canal.

So, what I'm wondering is whether anyone has tried the universal fit versions of JH13, JH16, (Roxanne? :wink: or other high end CIEM's, with soft silicon custom sleeves - like those made by ACS? I'm thinking that would be the best option, and wouldn't require reshelling on the part of a buyer if I decided to sell them.

Any thoughts please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back