High End Bluetooth Headphones
Apr 10, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #721 of 894
Wow, I really have to hear those. If they're better than the S1+ then I've severely underestimated the potential of BT audio...
i tend to avoid using terms like better or worse talking of sound, so i cannot confirm that, it would be like objectifying my subjective tastes.
And i suppose that there can be people who are so allergic to eq that they don't want to even use a little subtractive eq, and those people may find the ath too warm or have like i did a first impression of too much low mids, and prefer the s1, which anyway are also warmer than many other bt headphones, and also have a little accent in the low mids.

But i can tell you that, yes, in the more or less objective parts of sounds, like detail, transparency, overall sounds quality (not signature, not colored or uncolored), frequency range and response/rendering, they are "better" :)
But they do not even remotely look so punky cool!

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #723 of 894

Check out the Stance. It's really, really good. Bluetooth really doesn't have any business sounding that good - it's up there with wired portables in its price range for sure, and has a more balanced sound that most of them. Personally I like them better than any version of the MDR1R or Momentum, but then neither of those is my flavor - my girlfriend is a musician and she loves the Momentum.

But yeah. The Stance is definitely a new level in Bluetooth.

That I will do, I would really like to get a cheaper pair for my wife.

However, just like in my last post, you are comparing the Stance to the Sony MDR 1RBT.. Not correct, the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2 is a vastly different animal..

To give you an idea, I would take the Sony MDR 10RBT over the MDR 1RBT any day in the week.

Apr 10, 2015 at 7:32 PM Post #724 of 894

That I will do, I would really like to get a cheaper pair for my wife.

However, just like in my last post, you are comparing the Stance to the Sony MDR 1RBT.. Not correct, the Sony MDR 1RBT MK2 is a vastly different animal..

To give you an idea, I would take the Sony MDR 10RBT over the MDR 1RBT any day in the week.

Haven't heard the MkII, I confess. But I can't imagine the S1 being a compromise vs anything bluetooth, personally.

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #725 of 894

Haven't heard the MkII, I confess. But I can't imagine the S1 being a compromise vs anything bluetooth, personally.

It seems that there are quite a few people that feel that the S1+ are much better than other bluetooth headphones even ones that are much more expensive. Then there are a few people that aren't really big fans of them. There must be something really unique about their sound profile that makes them rated so highly by certain people.

Apr 10, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #726 of 894

Wow, that is a strong, very strong endorsement.. You are making me try them out!!!!
wink.gif

Apr 11, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #727 of 894
reading too much review can sometimes confuse more and more which to buy

which out of all these has

1- great great bass quality and quantity
2- warm
3- rich full layered sound
4- no harshness

i really can not wait longer for the denon to be released as then i am sure another one will come out and so on and by that i will not be able to make a secision to buy any

i listen alot to edm, synthpop. metal, progresisve rock

price is no issue

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #728 of 894
The S1+ are a completely different animal than the original S1 and based on my preferences, the AF62 remains one of the best BT can's I've owned but the S1+ are just as good if not better. Pendulumic listened to customer feedback and pretty much addressed all the gripes I had with the original:
- smallish ear pads that were a bit firm (replaced with larger ones and memory foam)
- slightly bass light and bloated mid-centric sound profile (they enhanced the bass (not over-bearing by any means) and tweaked the sound profile, the mids are still there but not overly emphasized)

For closed cans the sound stage is pretty good but isolation suffers a little. Ultimately, it's a small price to pay for the perfect (to me) sound signature.

Apr 11, 2015 at 6:33 PM Post #729 of 894
Apr 11, 2015 at 7:15 PM Post #730 of 894
reading too much review can sometimes confuse more and more which to buy

which out of all these has

1- great great bass quality and quantity
2- warm
3- rich full layered sound
4- no harshness

i really can not wait longer for the denon to be released as then i am sure another one will come out and so on and by that i will not be able to make a secision to buy any

i listen alot to edm, synthpop. metal, progresisve rock

price is no issue

There is only ONE BT Headphone in the world in this moment which provide ALL what you listed.
The Audio Technica ATH-WS99BT.
The Fidelio M2BT provide only points 1-3 (and are not as warm as the ATH.
The UE9000, they have more rolled off highs than the Fidelio, so this solves somehow the problem of harshness, although it is better to have not harsh highs than rolled off highs, and the ATH are much more detailed than the UE, and have more quantity and quality of bass (but with no artificial boost).

By 2 or three, compare them, chose one, send the others back, and be happy.
There will ALWAYS be other ones coming.
When a really much much better one comes out, you can sell yours and buy that one.
But when talking of this level of headphones, it's not going to happen that the difference of quality can be so huge.
So, as long as you like the sound of one, you'll be fine with it.
The Denons, for what I understood, are not famous for being warm. But I clearly cannot know how that one will be.

The S1+ are a completely different animal than the original S1 and based on my preferences, the AF62 remains one of the best BT can's I've owned but the S1+ are just as good if not better. Pendulumic listened to customer feedback and pretty much addressed all the gripes I had with the original:
- smallish ear pads that were a bit firm (replaced with larger ones and memory foam)
- slightly bass light and bloated mid-centric sound profile (they enhanced the bass (not over-bearing by any means) and tweaked the sound profile, the mids are still there but not overly emphasized)

For closed cans the sound stage is pretty good but isolation suffers a little. Ultimately, it's a small price to pay for the perfect (to me) sound signature.

They are not 100% closed. If you watch the back of the earpads you notice air vents... Which should not even be needed for the bass (it is by no means so powerfull). Probably they wanted to improve the sound with a semi open design.
I personally think they should have not removed so much upper mids and should have removed a bit more lower mids.
The bass is perfect for normal music. They are anyway on no means bassy cans. Not even EQed.
The pads could be a bit thicker. My ears touch the drivers.
The AF62 is completely different. Much brighter. Colder, somehow.
I did not like it. We have different tastes :)
And they have a really serious problem with the bass. When EQed, it immediately distorts very badly. Impossible to use them with any kind of bassy music.

Apr 11, 2015 at 7:37 PM Post #731 of 894
Alright thanks. Looks like the AKG is the one to go for out of these 2. Also while researching the headphones I've come across the MDR-1RBT. You have any experience with these can and how they would compare to the AKG over the same properties?

If it matters to you, the Harman Kardon BT offers the CD-level lossless BT transmission Apt-X standard, while the AKG K845BT does not, and would result in some degradation from CD-quality music. This would matter if you were using lossless music, such as FLAC of CD music. Of course, that is a minor issue compared to the overall signature of the two headphones.

Apr 11, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #733 of 894

I'd suggest going to a CanJam/meet and giving them a listen; you wouldn't regret it.

Going to a Can Jam is always a good idea, I am sorry that there are none in EU.
But why waiting for the next Can jam if he can just buy them?

Apr 11, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #734 of 894

Going to a Can Jam is always a good idea, I am sorry that there are none in EU.
But why waiting for the next Can jam if he can just buy them?

*shrug* I always like to test stuff before I buy it, but I suppose the S1+ aren't crazy expensive. Hardly a risky buy, unless you're a basshead.

Apr 12, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #735 of 894

Alright thanks. Looks like the AKG is the one to go for out of these 2. Also while researching the headphones I've come across the MDR-1RBT. You have any experience with these can and how they would compare to the AKG over the same properties?

If it matters to you, the Harman Kardon BT offers the CD-level lossless BT transmission Apt-X standard, while the AKG K845BT does not, and would result in some degradation from CD-quality music. This would matter if you were using lossless music, such as FLAC of CD music. Of course, that is a minor issue compared to the overall signature of the two headphones.

Lol it seems so long ago when I asked that question and created this thread. Listened to a lot of headphones since then and have picked something else up now as you might recall from the other bluetooth thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back