High End Bluetooth Headphones
Nov 30, 2016 at 3:40 PM Post #887 of 894
hey guys,

im looking for bluetooth headphones like the audio technica ATH-SR5BT
i would get them for 160€ (which is ~$170) here in Austria.

But i am not sure about the sound signature. I have akg k701 which i think have  a very balanced, neutral sound signature. And i have IEM xiaomi pistons hybrid which are a bit v-shaped, but sound also very well. So probably i want a sound signature between this two.

what are my options, do you know headphones in the same pricerange as ATH-SR5BT that would fit my descriptons ?

i want a portable headphone so i guess an on-ear headphone would be best and i want to have at least 15h battery life. optional but would be nice: apt-x,foldable

if there are no candidates in this pricerange i can also raise my budget but i would prefer when i do not have to :D

thanks in advance and greetings from Vienna

dave

Dec 1, 2016 at 2:51 AM Post #888 of 894
Welcome, Dave! (@d4v3bastard)

Here's another thread to try in case you haven't discovered it already:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/746519/huge-comparison-of-almost-all-the-best-bluetooth-headphones-post-your-own-comparisons-here

You'll probably find a little more action there.

Jan 19, 2017 at 6:18 AM Post #889 of 894
Hey guys, I have a set of Sony MDR1-ABT headphone and was interested in selling the Sonys and buying something with a more open sound stage. Any suggestions. I listen to all types of music but lately rock has been my favorite.

Jan 20, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #890 of 894
@Diablito - there are no open-backed BT cans as far as I know but just a thought is to grab a aptX Rx (this particular one has an amp) and then pair it with your fav open cans:

Con's is that the battery life is a little on the short side (~3.5 - 5hrs) but no BT cans will beat this for sound stage :)

For a pure BT can, the Pendulumic Stance S1+ had one of the better sound stage I've experienced for closed cans.

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #891 of 894
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/692833600/jaap-the-next-generation-of-truly-wireless-earphon/description

wireless iem

Jun 14, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #892 of 894
Hi, I am also looking for good bluetooth headphones. I own Plantronics backbeat sens and whilst no spectacular they are very comfortable and musically sounding headphones. Not good for techno or electronic or anything hard hitting but fabulous for musical enjoyment. I also own a pair of audio technica ath sr5bt. In bluetooth mode they are very analytical and a bit harsh but in wired mode they improve significantly. That was why I bought them so them in that they had acceptable bluetooth mode but very good in wired mode. I am also looking at harmon Kardon BT in the quest to find a good bluetooth headphone but you will not be disappointed with Plantronics if you are not a basshead and you just want to enjoy the music. I would thing that the plantronics backbeat pro 2 woyuld be very good also if they hav ethe same sound signature.

Jul 16, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #893 of 894
Somewhere, I believe, in this impossibly long thread I inquired about Bluetooth phones. Perhaps around two years ago. What I finally purchased was a Jabra Evolve 75 UC headset. Setup was a little rough but they exceed my expectations. Primary purpose was communication but I chose them also for games and music.

They just came this afternoon so I am far from a review, but the initial impressions (after much pain) are positive. The comfort is amazing as is the active noise cancellation. I have them paired both to the computer and an iPad. Part of the pain was that I had paired first to the computer. The Evolve 75's can pair to two devices, but with them paired to the PC nothing I could do would make them pair to an iPad. I tried two different iPad's.

But once the Evolve 75's were unpaired from the PC they paired immediately with an iPad and then paired again to the PC. The battery charging works well but does not work as documented. The Evolve 75's have been out only two months and clearly have some growing pains.

Wearing cordless headphones of this quality feels unreal. Really. Depending where I am in my apartment there are dropouts. I don't find this a major problem. As I said, the main purpose is communication. I have yet to test the microphone.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #894 of 894
I have a Jabra evolve 75, and got it mainly for communication. I can take calls inside trains, crowded restaurants, literally anywhere, and hear everyone clearly while others can hear me with minimal background noise. Sound quality wise they are decent. They'll beat anything in the sub $30 range but as music only headphones, there are plenty of $100 options that are better. But nothing comes close to it's mic. It's the best period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back