High End Bluetooth Headphones
Apr 26, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #871 of 894
What seems to be the go-to in ear BT headphone? Would be using these during exercise.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:50 PM Post #874 of 894
What seems to be the go-to in ear BT headphone? Would be using these during exercise.

I had the same question about a year ago and someone on here swore by the Sony SBH80.  I have nothing but good things to say about them and since then have either gifted or recommended them to others (who have in turn bought more pairs for family members), who have all been equally happy, although someone did had one channel fail after a few months.

To me they strike a great balance of good sound quality, ergonomics and price.  They also have the best noise blocking I've ever had with in-ear headphones (YMMV) - in fact, I use them as ear plugs when I sleep.

Not to mention the fact that even though Sony only rates them as splashproof rather than waterproof, people (myself included) have successfully used them while taking a shower.

Apr 26, 2016 at 10:28 PM Post #875 of 894

I had the same question about a year ago and someone on here swore by the Sony SBH80.  I have nothing but good things to say about them and since then have either gifted or recommended them to others (who have in turn bought more pairs for family members), who have all been equally happy, although someone did had one channel fail after a few months.

To me they strike a great balance of good sound quality, ergonomics and price.  They also have the best noise blocking I've ever had with in-ear headphones (YMMV) - in fact, I use them as ear plugs when I sleep.

Not to mention the fact that even though Sony only rates them as splashproof rather than waterproof, people (myself included) have successfully used them while taking a shower.

You might have just sold these to me. I'm reading up on them, I wonder why Sony discontinued them?

Apr 27, 2016 at 12:05 AM Post #876 of 894
  You might have just sold these to me. I'm reading up on them, I wonder why Sony discontinued them?

Probably for the same reason they discontinue every product in their mobile division after a year or two - it gets superseded by a newer model (although I'm not sure what the equivalent new model is and whether it's as good as the SBH80).

I'm actually thinking of picking up a spare pair in case mine bite the dust at some point in the future.

Apr 27, 2016 at 10:16 AM Post #877 of 894

Probably for the same reason they discontinue every product in their mobile division after a year or two - it gets superseded by a newer model (although I'm not sure what the equivalent new model is and whether it's as good as the SBH80).

I'm actually thinking of picking up a spare pair in case mine bite the dust at some point in the future.

Fair enough, I appreciate the recommendation. I ordered these and the Brainwavz new(er) model Blu-200. They'll mostly be used during exercise, but I bought some knock-off LG HBS900 (the Harmin Kardin Tones) and they are terrible. Unfortunately for me, I didn't know they were knock-offs until a few months later after I convinced myself that LG wouldn't put out such a crap sounding product. Minor rant to everyone beware of those eBay folks claiming legit LG headphones, I learned the hardway.

Oct 3, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #881 of 894
and what abt mdr 100abn?

This one's harder to call as they are both very good but have different sound signatures.  The 1ABT is more forward-sounding / present, while the 100ABN has great clarity.  The 100ABN is the only one of the two that has active noise cancelling.

If your budget can stretch, then check out the new MDR-1000x - apparently, they are the ones to beat at the moment.

All three models above support Sony's LDAC codec but you'll need a compatible phone or DAP.

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:14 AM Post #882 of 894
This one's harder to call as they are both very good but have different sound signatures.  The 1ABT is more forward-sounding / present, while the 100ABN has great clarity.  The 100ABN is the only one of the two that has active noise cancelling.

If your budget can stretch, then check out the new MDR-1000x - apparently, they are the ones to beat at the moment.

All three models above support Sony's LDAC codec but you'll need a compatible phone or DAP.
i am considering them just hoping that sound quality is also top notch

Oct 3, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #883 of 894
I posted this in another thread, yet another kick starter. Personally I am just gonna keep an eye out for them, waiting for them to be released 1st before taking a plunge. They do look interesting, but then again everyone claims these days to be the most advanced.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/zipbuds/catalyst-worlds-most-advanced-wireless-earbuds

Oct 24, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #884 of 894
been a while when I followed Bluetooth headphones

so what is the verdict which is the best in the market for best bass, mids, and high that are not harsh at all in the bleutooth headphones out there

price is not an issue

also I like one that sits tight on the head and does not fall easy from the head as I will be using it doing workout, so it has to have a bit of clamping force

Users who are viewing this thread

Back