High end Bakoon headphone amp Japan version discussion thread and Impression Thread
May 2, 2013 at 9:07 PM Post #76 of 197
Patience, patience...  
biggrin.gif

I’ve been busy: On Tuesday I listened to it in the shop and I also did a very quick comparison with the amp in Sennheiser’s HDVD 800. I then spent yesterday plus the night before and the night after listening to it at home, comparing it with my Bryston BHA-1 and I also compared the Toxic Silver Widow cable (used on the Stockholm High End Show) with my Red Astrachan cable. Thank you Michael at Klutz Design for lending me the cable! I also did a quick listen with HD800 and HE6. So now I’m tired!

I’ll make a write-up of my findings when I have the time. I can give away this much though:
Now I’m the proud owner of one of the first production HPA-21s!  
tongue_smile.gif

And most of last month’s salary is gone…

Meanwhile Q&A with CanDude and Soo In continues!

Q: Concerning the question on balanced output I did not mean that there is a problem with noise reduction. What I was referring to was that for a so called “balanced” headphone output both channels are totally separated and each channel has its own ground or minus connection (normally a 4-pin XLR is used), as opposed to an “unbalanced” or "single ended" headphone output where both channels share the same ground. Maybe this is not a problem in a current driving amp? Doesn’t the current for the two channels “affect” each other in some way via the common ground? Even though the output resistance is 2.5MΩ, does the movement of the voice coils still generate any current, altering the movement?
A: The balanced driving methodology is effective when the ground is not clean or not precise enough. Our SATRI Circuit's ground impedance is very low and highly precise so that the circuit performs better than the balanced driving method.

Q: When the battery runs out of power, does HPA-21 automatically switch to recharge mode, or do I manually need to turn off the power switch to start recharging the battery? Not used to battery power, I will forget to turn it off and the next day the battery will be empty if it is not automatically recharged.
A: When the battery runs out of power, it switches off automatically but does not star to charge automatically. You still have to manually turn off the power switch as the recharger only begins charging when the switch is physically at the off position. This method is to minimize the recharger interference during the play time.

I can add that I think I’ve already learnt to switch it off while I’m not listening. The battery recharger has a handy LED that is green while not charging and turns red when charging the batteries.

Aug 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #79 of 197
In the process of negotiating a purchase of the Japanese HDA-5210mk3.  Selling off a lot to pay for this this but I'm quite excited.

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #80 of 197
The HDA-5210mk3 arrived today and I have to say it's a monster. Using current drive, I can't go higher than 20% volume on low gain with the HE-500. Kinda scary... It's very good in all categories from my initial listening. Most obvious difference from the taboo is that there's a certain fullness, more weight and dynamics with everything that's happening, and the detail reveal. Very impressive.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:51 AM Post #81 of 197
The HDA-5210mk3 arrived today and I have to say it's a monster. Using current drive, I can't go higher than 20% volume on low gain with the HE-500. Kinda scary... It's very good in all categories from my initial listening. Most obvious difference from the taboo is that there's a certain fullness, more weight and dynamics with everything that's happening, and the detail reveal. Very impressive.

Congrats for your new bakoon amp HDA - 5210 mk3
Please share your impression
Thank you

Nov 5, 2013 at 5:38 AM Post #82 of 197
Like Lioyd I recent bought the Bakoon HDA-5210 mk3 (Japanese version)

Quick overview of impressions with Fostex TH900

Massive soundstage - bigger than Leben CS300xs
Really opens up after about 50+ hours
Very tight controlled base
TH900 mids as pointed out by many other headfi members are not as recessed with this amp.
Treble is very nicely extended no siblance at all.
Euphoric sound amp with plenty of detail - in my opinion has managed to achieve reference quality without becoming over-analytical.
Red book sounds amazing straight out of a Denon DVD player
Best headphone amp I have ever heard with these headphones - feels like an end game amp to me. Very satisfied with just how great music sounds.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #83 of 197
my dream ;if anyone had a chance to compare the ~~ Bakoon HPA-21 amp ;  to otl eddie current zana deux amp ; 
and as well  fostex hp a8   ,and willing to share his impressions

Dec 9, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #85 of 197
His other Bakoons Amp collection :

08c4971c27489775d7e3a934926c6e91_zps623201a0.jpg

I have done the comparison between 4 Bakoon Amps with dac :

Source : Marantz CD player as transport
Dac : DAC 9730 192 KHz Sampling 24 Bit High Resolution D A Converter
Amps :
PRE 7610 MK3 the new generation
Headphone amp HDA 5310 mk 3 upgrade version
Headphone Amps SCA 7511 mk 3 has two different parts
One is standard and the above picture is upgrade version
Headphone : Beyerdynamic T1

Overall ranked IMO as follow :

PRE 7610 mk 3 is the best in term of sq , clarity , transparent , smoothness and speed
Following by :
SCA 7511 mk 3 upgrade version
HDA 5310 mk3 upgrade version
SCA 7511 mk 3 standard

Dec 9, 2013 at 10:12 PM Post #86 of 197
I wonder about the HPA-21 - the internal battery at some point will have to crash ans go - how easy can one get a replacement and how much ? does it involve shipping the amp to the dealer ?

Dec 11, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #87 of 197
  I wonder about the HPA-21 - the internal battery at some point will have to crash ans go - how easy can one get a replacement and how much ? does it involve shipping the amp to the dealer ?

Likely it does yes. It would be best to contact bakoon international to find out.

Mar 21, 2014 at 11:55 AM Post #88 of 197
Today I went at Jaben local store and we made mini meet at the store

We have tried many audio gear , below set up impressed me until now

Source : AK 240
Music file : DSD from Opus 3
Amp : Bakoon Japan , SCA 7511 mk 3 mod
Headphone : ATH AD PRM 1000 rare item and discontinued
Cable : RCA WBT to mini plug Viablue with Crystal Cable Dreamline series

Sound quality :
The best sound quality I ever heard from desktop amp pair with AK 240
We heard DSD file from OPUS 3 , sound so full and more weight .
I love ak 240 play DSD file .

High : very smooth silky high with very good detail
Mid : very sweet and natural
Bass : tube like bass reproduction ,
Separation : very good that I can detect music placement very accurate
Soundstage : wide and very good depth

IMO

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #89 of 197
Some more info I found on this amp.

Bakoon Products HDA-5210mk3

takuhiro_y-img600x450-1374933654qtvp8z65671.jpg

1. Bakoon products develops original designed SATRI amplifiers which is completely new type of amplification system.
  2. Compare to other discrete models, exact area is less than 1/4.
  3. Stability is greatly improved.
  4. It is available non-inverted output and inverted output.
  5. Input resistance "R" and Load resistance"RL", both 2 resistances can decide gain.
  6. Adopt wide range power voltage
  7. Minimum affected by changes in the power. Behavior does not change even if the power supply voltage fluctuates.
  8. Fluctuation of the operating point is minimum.
  9. It achieved non feedback as well as low distortion factor.

The sounds of SATRI amplifier is transparency and natural. The goal of reproduced sound is original recording sound.

takuhiro_y-img600x400-1374933654rsnzzl65671.jpg

HDA-5210mk3 is equipped voltage output and current output, the user can choose voltage driving or current driving depend on the headphone character.

takuhiro_y-img600x401-1374933655vpan1z65671.jpg

REVIEW
The feature of Bakoon products is quite fast, very dynamic, strong bass impact, very lively and extremely spacious soundstage. It is hard to compare to other manufactures. Once you listen its lively sound, it is difficult to stop listening, no tired for long run listening, cozy and listen to the music more than what you expected. HDA-5210mk3 has a great bass impact, super spacious soundstage and with a good depth, some grain in the sound, but the best resolution out of all the amps here.

It is available six type versions from below, please let us know your favorite model and voltage when you order. 

The difference of each type is volume (attenuator) grade which is directly affect its sound quality. 
Non induction wing resistance ATT is minimum distortion, high resolution, rich bass range and dynamic sound but does not have any special character. Metal film resistance ATT is good separation of sound, rich mid-bass range. Both attenuators is generally less noise, high stability and rich information.

SPEC
InputVoltage Input: RCA x1
SATRI LINK x1
BNC x1
OutputVoltage output: Standard headphone x1
Current output: Standard headphone x1
Maximum Output1200mW/100Ohms
Compatible Impedance8~600Ohms
Power100V, 110V, 120V, 200V, 220V, 240V/50,60Hz

HDA-5210mk3: SATRI-IC-EX version Price range

Variable Resistance(Standard)1,100
Metal Film Resistance ATT1,340
Winging Resistance ATT(Non induction)1,595

SATRI-EX is equipped 48 transistors by miniaturization of parts, therefore it achieves super precision amplification. 
Distortion factor is 0.05%
SATRI-IC-EX.png

HDA-5210mk3: SATRI-IC-UL version Price range

Variable Resistance(Standard)1,290
Metal Film Resistance ATT1,535
Winging Resistance ATT(Non induction)1,790
SATRI-UL is equipped 72 transistors by miniaturization of parts, therefore it achieves ultimate precision amplification. 
Distortion factor is 0.007%
SATRI-IC-UL.png

Bakoon Products available voltage between 100V~240V.  Delivery from the factory at time of order. Feel free to contact us.

Aug 5, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #90 of 197
Now some questions:

- It is available non-inverted output and inverted output.

What does that mean? Is that an option one needs to choose?

- HDA-5210mk3 has a great bass impact, super spacious soundstage and with a good depth, some grain in the sound, but the best resolution out of all the amps here.

What is meant by "some grain in the sound"? Background noise?

- The difference of each type is volume (attenuator) grade which is directly affect its sound quality. 
Non induction wing resistance ATT is minimum distortion, high resolution, rich bass range and dynamic sound but does not have any special character. Metal film resistance ATT is good separation of sound, rich mid-bass range. Both attenuators is generally less noise, high stability and rich information.

Which volume control should one choose for cans like a TH-900?

It is available six type versions from below, please let us know your favorite model and voltage when you order.

Huh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back