HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 5, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #25,202 of 25,607
Apr 5, 2024 at 2:10 PM Post #25,203 of 25,607
Any more impressions on your new cable.
Hmm, not sure how much has changed from my last impression. Still exceedingly natural sounding, the Nirvana(only had 100hours burn in) was harsher sounding in comparison to the Voila. Upper mids and highs are fuller than the other cables I've tried (Eletech, Arctic Cables, Nirvana), Voila seems to convey more/express more in that area. The bass texture and definition improved slightly after some hours.

It is still the best cable I ever used. That said, I didn't put a whole lot of hours this past week in my system. It might still be burning in. I'll post more impressions after a hundred hours.

Apr 5, 2024 at 11:10 PM Post #25,205 of 25,607
Hmm, not sure how much has changed from my last impression. Still exceedingly natural sounding, the Nirvana(only had 100hours burn in) was harsher sounding in comparison to the Voila. Upper mids and highs are fuller than the other cables I've tried (Eletech, Arctic Cables, Nirvana), Voila seems to convey more/express more in that area. The bass texture and definition improved slightly after some hours.

It is still the best cable I ever used. That said, I didn't put a whole lot of hours this past week in my system. It might still be burning in. I'll post more impressions after a hundred hours.

Quick confirmation: Are you still using the Enleum 23R with the Voila Cable? Just pondering about system synergy since the Eletech Inferno on my system (high impedance) expresses more upper mids and a more even bass texture than stock

Apr 6, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #25,206 of 25,607
Quick confirmation: Are you still using the Enleum 23R with the Voila Cable? Just pondering about system synergy since the Eletech Inferno on my system (high impedance) expresses more upper mids and a more even bass texture than stock
Yeah, using Voila with the Enleum 23r. I found that the Eletech's main strength were the mids, but the highs were a little too smoothed over for me. The very natural tone that the Eletech imparted came at the cost of the higher frequency range in my system. The highs were rolled off more than I liked. Eletech inferno is still a great cable for "tone snobs" in my opinion, but I found the Voila to have a more balanced presentation. The Voila does everything right without much compromise. The highs are full but still resolving, the mids are very natural and harsh free, the low end is hefty and defined.

I'll listen to the Eletech again, and include it in my impressions a little bit from now.

Apr 6, 2024 at 1:33 AM Post #25,207 of 25,607
Doing a quick swap from the Voila to the Eletech, I notice a loss in immediacy and snap. I think I got it, everything is one hue with the Inferno. It's almost like the Eletech Inferno is overlaying the sound with a single hue or color that is making it difficult for me to get drawn into the music. The inferno has a definite character that it is imparting, and that is also affecting the perceived dynamics to my ears.

The Voila has amazing highs, mids, and low end and it does it without coloring the sound one way or another. The Voila is definitely the more colorless cable that sounds more real and natural.

Apr 6, 2024 at 6:05 AM Post #25,208 of 25,607
Doing a quick swap from the Voila to the Eletech, I notice a loss in immediacy and snap. I think I got it, everything is one hue with the Inferno. It's almost like the Eletech Inferno is overlaying the sound with a single hue or color that is making it difficult for me to get drawn into the music. The inferno has a definite character that it is imparting, and that is also affecting the perceived dynamics to my ears.

The Voila has amazing highs, mids, and low end and it does it without coloring the sound one way or another. The Voila is definitely the more colorless cable that sounds more real and natural.
I'd be fascinated to hear the Voila against my DHC Chimera.

Apr 6, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #25,209 of 25,607
I'd be fascinated to hear the Voila against my DHC Chimera.
Would be interested in that too. I mean the Voila looks amazing but from what I've heard it's is a very heavy, stiff cable isn't it? In that case i wonder if the Chimera would would come close to its sonic level but in a more flexible/lighter form factor. Or is the Chimera really heavy too?

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #25,210 of 25,607
I see alot of people here with Holo dacs. How do you all like them with Susvara, did you notice a big improvement or is it more subtle ? I took the plunge on the May and am in the long waiting period now for one

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:25 AM Post #25,211 of 25,607
Probably depends on what you are upgrading from. I had a RME ADI-2 and the upgrade to the Spring 3 KTE was significant. I would not want to go back to non R2R DAC's the same way as i would not want to go back to non-tube amps.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 9:27 AM Post #25,212 of 25,607
I see alot of people here with Holo dacs. How do you all like them with Susvara, did you notice a big improvement or is it more subtle ? I took the plunge on the May and am in the long waiting period now for one
The answer is in all the dacs Hifiman releases. Check if you find a dS dac:thinking:

Apr 6, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #25,213 of 25,607
Probably depends on what you are upgrading from. I had a RME ADI-2 and the upgrade to the Spring 3 KTE was significant. I would not want to go back to non R2R DAC's the same way as i would not want to go back to non-tube amps.
Yeass my jaw hit the floor when I heard Susvara on a nice tube amp. I still can’t believe the difference it made. I keep thinking, nooo surely it cant get better than this. And then I get a new set of tubes and am again floored. Which btw those we300b have really grown on me, especially since adding the Mullards which take the staging up a few notches.

Hoping for a similar experience with the May, the wait is killer.

Apr 6, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #25,214 of 25,607
i dont know why but when listening to the tv (sony a80) with bluetooth, i get the tube holographic presentation where everything is far from you. Maybe a sony trick. And soundstage is much bigger than listening to qobuz. I mean is really a lot more out of my head. Does anyone know why?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #25,215 of 25,607
Would be interested in that too. I mean the Voila looks amazing but from what I've heard it's is a very heavy, stiff cable isn't it? In that case i wonder if the Chimera would would come close to its sonic level but in a more flexible/lighter form factor. Or is the Chimera really heavy too?
The Chimera is quite heavy. Generally flexible for its size and drapes reasonably well, but noticeably heavy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back