HiFiMan Susvara
Jan 17, 2022 at 7:21 PM Post #13,876 of 25,604
Agreed.

They only thing that would fair well portably with the Susvara is the Cayin C9 right now. But you still won’t Get the full benifit of owning the Susvaras. I don’t even think I would take my Susvaras with me. But that’s just me.

This is the 4.4mm to XLR adapter I use with my 4.4mm cable for my Diana V2s. It’s very well made and don’t affect the sound quality from my cable.

https://www.amazon.com/Balanced-Adapter-Traditional-Desktop-Earphone/dp/B094ZT75PJ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3ALI02EB5XYMN&keywords=DD+ddHiFi+XLR44B&qid=1642462410&sprefix=dd+ddhifi+xlr44b,aps,72&sr=8-1
FWIW I have the C9 and it doesnt realy work very well. The WA8 fairs slightly better surprisingly enough (BX2+ is most slam but detail is real washed out as is organicness) but there are just higher SQs to be had leaving sus at home if portable is your only option.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #13,877 of 25,604
Please PM me if anyone is looking to sell their AHB2? Thanks.

Jan 17, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #13,878 of 25,604
Jan 17, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #13,879 of 25,604
# Dual mono AHB2
Well Sandu Vitalie's review is making me curious. Sounds amazing! I think his overkill would be perfect for me. hahaha ... I have my doubts dual mono would sound much different but several folks have mentioned on how nice it is. If I can snag a used one, I wouldn't mind trying :) ... plan to get one in the future for floor standings anyways ...

! Two Benchmark AHB2 Power Amplifiers in Bridged Mode !

380 Watts in 8 Ohms or around ~55 Watts in 60 Ohms…this is the pure definition of overkill. Be prepared hearing the most impactful Susvara, can it ever be too much bass slam and impact? It can! Electronica could become tiresome in the long run, it’s way too impactful sounding, but oh boy… I’ve never heard such dynamics anywhere else.

Jan 17, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #13,880 of 25,604
Saw a post on Reddit today about a person receiving Susvaras where the screws were falling out and stripped and was wondering if anybody has had any quality control issues and how HiFiMan responded.

I have some Susvaras on the way and I’m pretty worried about the QC.

Edit: I can't link it

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #13,881 of 25,604
Well Sandu Vitalie's review is making me curious. Sounds amazing! I think his overkill would be perfect for me. hahaha ... I have my doubts dual mono would sound much different but several folks have mentioned on how nice it is. If I can snag a used one, I wouldn't mind trying :) ... plan to get one in the future for floor standings anyways ...

! Two Benchmark AHB2 Power Amplifiers in Bridged Mode !

380 Watts in 8 Ohms or around ~55 Watts in 60 Ohms…this is the pure definition of overkill. Be prepared hearing the most impactful Susvara, can it ever be too much bass slam and impact? It can! Electronica could become tiresome in the long run, it’s way too impactful sounding, but oh boy… I’ve never heard such dynamics anywhere else.

just thinking wouldn't be that too much for the Susvara?

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #13,882 of 25,604
Saw a post on Reddit today about a person receiving Susvaras where the screws were falling out and stripped and was wondering if anybody has had any quality control issues and how HiFiMan responded.

i have owned 2 susvara's...no problems

Jan 17, 2022 at 11:26 PM Post #13,883 of 25,604

Hifiman QC ain't great bit their CS is. My first set developed a hole in the driver within a week of ownership. Hifiman just replaced the entire thing no questions asked

Jan 18, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #13,884 of 25,604

No problems with mine.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #13,885 of 25,604
Curious for the folks that are running floorstanding and headphones in the same setup with power amp etc. How does one get this to work? What kind of switch box would I need? Also looking for one that does not degrade sound? Luxman?

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #13,886 of 25,604
Curious for the folks that are running floorstanding and headphones in the same setup with power amp etc. How does one get this to work? What kind of switch box would I need? Also looking for one that does not degrade sound? Luxman?

you need something like this:

https://www.orb-audio.jp/english/mcs0nova.html

Then speaker tap adaptor cable (bananas to 4 pin xlr female) to your headphone cable.

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #13,887 of 25,604
Jan 18, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #13,888 of 25,604
Thanks. Now seeing how I can buy one in the US ...

I have this and like it a lot. I'm now using a Zynsonix speaker tap adaptor box, since I'm on headphones 95 percent of the time. if you switch between headphones and speakers often, the type of box I posted will be more convenient. I think this particular brand is pretty hard to get in the US tho, but I'm pretty sure there are other locally available brands (?). Good luck!

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #13,889 of 25,604

No quality issues with my current pair.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:26 AM Post #13,890 of 25,604
Don't have this problem with my EF1000.
Just a press of a switch on the EF1000 from headphones to speakers and back again wihtout having the need to discounnect and reconnect any cables !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back