HiFiMan Susvara
Mar 22, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #7,666 of 25,885
I am also considering changing the stock Susvara cable to one of the following (in no particular order) to be 3m in length with 3.5mm headphone jacks and XLR balanced connection;
1) Double Helix Prion 4
2) Lavricables Master Silver
3) Danacable Lazuli Reference

I am going to wait though until my Hifiman EF1000 arrives, try with the stock and then make a decision as to whether I should spend a small fortune on one of the above cables.
IMHO The stock cable is rather limited. Almost any other mid-tier or higher end cable will easily sound better. I think you will be surprised by the not so subtle difference.

Mar 22, 2021 at 2:31 PM Post #7,667 of 25,885
I am also considering changing the stock Susvara cable to one of the following (in no particular order) to be 3m in length with 3.5mm headphone jacks and XLR balanced connection;
1) Double Helix Prion 4
2) Lavricables Master Silver
3) Danacable Lazuli Reference

I am going to wait though until my Hifiman EF1000 arrives, try with the stock and then make a decision as to whether I should spend a small fortune on one of the above cables.
These cables seen to be great cables for Susvara, I'll put these in my list too.
Does anyone here know if the susvara goes good with silver cables?

Mar 22, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #7,668 of 25,885
I'm searching for high end cable to use with Susvara, what cable you guys are using? I am thinking of plussound or arctic, the top ones of them.

I'm using the arctic palladium, but the previous iteration and not their new flagship Opera. I've tried PlusSound silver+gold and gold plated silver but I think after those two cables, I won't be going for a gold mix; seems to slow it down a bit too much for me and I felt it rolled off a bit too much on both ends of the spectrum.

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #7,669 of 25,885

I'd easily add Forza to that list.

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Mar 22, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #7,670 of 25,885
Hi gwos,
I forgot to ask you in my message about the EF1000 back on 19th March, if you had tried using the EF1000 using two headphones at the same time i.e. one from the balanced XLR output and one from the 1/4" single jack output. And if you did, was there any noticeable reduction in music performance etc. from the headphones ?
I can hear no difference whatsoever, as if the outputs were wall separated. I checked the Susvara on jack along with AKG K1000 on XLR. By the way, the nice thing is that both headphones play similarly loud so you can compare them easily or just have a nice session with a friend, as I have.

EDIT: These are my final hours with EF1000, tomorrow it will be sent to the dealer. It was a very nice time, now Pass Labs will take over.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 3:19 AM Post #7,671 of 25,885
I can hear no difference whatsoever, as if the outputs were wall separated. I checked the Susvara on jack along with AKG K1000 on XLR. By the way, the nice thing is that both headphones play similarly loud so you can compare them easily or just have a nice session with a friend, as I have.

EDIT: These are my final hours with EF1000, tomorrow it will be sent to the dealer. It was a very nice time, now Pass Labs will take over.
Thank you for your overall feedback on the EF1000 gwos. Much appreciated. :thumbsup::beerchug:

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #7,672 of 25,885

I suppose you could do worse than a Pass stack as your consolation prize :o2smile:

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #7,673 of 25,885
I'm searching for high end cable to use with Susvara, what cable you guys are using? I am thinking of plussound or arctic, the top ones of them.

Norne is popular. A lot of different options there (e.g. SIlvergarde S4 in 4 or 8-wire, Vykari hybrid), but you'll need to deal with potentially long lead time.

Mar 23, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #7,674 of 25,885
Finally got the Dave in... other than maybe rearranging some stuff in the stack at some point, I can finally be content to leave things be....for at LEAST a few months lol.

As for the Bakoon, I'm really enjoying it. I feel like it's completed the Susvara in a way that other headphone amps I tried weren't able to achieve. The best way I can describe is that with the HPA4 I always felt like something was missing. With the various pass labs+preamp variations I tried, it felt like those things that were missing were finally there. With the Bakoon, it's given me that plus more that I didn't even know the Susvara could do. Basically, as I've said before, the number of "wow" moments with the Bakoon is just wonderfully high and still happens to this day when finding new tracks to listen to. More-over, it's given a new dimension to my ZMF Verite Closed as well, where I no longer feel the need to EQ them to get the sound I wanted. A huuuge added bonus! I'll probably get rid of the giant analog EQ near the top of my stack at some point because of it :)

1616519863709.png

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:00 PM Post #7,675 of 25,885
The susvara took on another serious contender and it will still my go-to hp. I tried the Utopia today and, while I found it to be a very nice hp, I can't see it displacing the susvara. If I had not heard the susvara I think it would be a keeper and is indeed quite enjoyable. Yes, the Utopia may dig a little deeper (but not as tight) on bass and that is a plus, but the staging is not up to the susvara level, IMO.

I am still hesitant to snag the 1266 TC mostly from reports of folks that find it uncomfortable although I'm sure it sounds great!

In my quest to find a stable mate for the susvara, I may be down to the T+A Solitaire P when it is available to demo or when they are not a special order item with a no return option.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #7,676 of 25,885
Finally got the Dave in... other than maybe rearranging some stuff in the stack at some point, I can finally be content to leave things be....for at LEAST a few months lol.

As for the Bakoon, I'm really enjoying it. I feel like it's completed the Susvara in a way that other headphone amps I tried weren't able to achieve. The best way I can describe is that with the HPA4 I always felt like something was missing. With the various pass labs+preamp variations I tried, it felt like those things that were missing were finally there. With the Bakoon, it's given me that plus more that I didn't even know the Susvara could do. Basically, as I've said before, the number of "wow" moments with the Bakoon is just wonderfully high and still happens to this day when finding new tracks to listen to. More-over, it's given a new dimension to my ZMF Verite Closed as well, where I no longer feel the need to EQ them to get the sound I wanted. A huuuge added bonus! I'll probably get rid of the giant analog EQ near the top of my stack at some point because of it :)

1616519863709.png
did you check Pass labs XA25 +XP12, can you compere to Bakoon AMP13R?

Mar 23, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #7,677 of 25,885
Mar 23, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #7,678 of 25,885

1616519863709.png
the form factor of the bakoon is also a huge plus...smaller than anything else in its class...I agree with your description

Mar 23, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #7,680 of 25,885
the form factor of the bakoon is also a huge plus...smaller than anything else in its class...I agree with your description
Oh yes most definitely this too. It's hard to imagine how I would have comfortably fit the pass stack anywhere in my current setup without doing some crazy rearranging of stuff. The Bakoon just kinda fits wherever I need it to lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back