HiFiMan Susvara
Aug 1, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #4,321 of 25,551
when I spoke of 3DB I was referring to the volume I fed my amp via my chord dave...in other words say setting the dave volume at -3 instead of -6

Aug 2, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #4,323 of 25,551
Aug 3, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #4,326 of 25,551
Is it fair to assume that if my amps can drive my 1266, they would be just fine for the Susvara?

@MacedonianHero I have to stop reading your posts man haha you have been one of the main enablers of spending for me..

Lol, sorry to be an enabler. :p

That said, yes your HPA4 will drive BOTH just brilliantly and definitely "endgame" territory....sorry to "enable" yet again. :)

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #4,327 of 25,551
Lol, sorry to be an enabler. :p

That said, yes your HPA4 will drive BOTH just brilliantly and definitely "endgame" territory....sorry to "enable" yet again. :)

How did the HPA4 and susvara combo fair in terms of Soundstage?

I had a ray samuels back in the day with my HE1000v2, and that thing just stretched on for miles. Been looking for an amp that may at least come close to that.

Aug 4, 2020 at 9:19 AM Post #4,329 of 25,551
That means they have probably started producing the revision with the 3.5mm and there is still plenty of old stock 2.5mm left that are being circulated. We'll probably start to see more people with the new revision over the next month or so, hopefully. Otherwise @GoldenOne you have a super rare Susvara that will go down as a collector's item!

Where is @TeamHiFiMAN .... please shed some light on this topic.

Hi there, we see some of you have been talking about the Susvara now coming with 3.5mm sockets on the headphone rather than 2.5mm. We can confirm this is true. However the reason for this is really quite simple and rather mundane. Its not for any exotic “ooooh it sounds better” reasons, it was just that since the entire rest of our line up had already been moved over to using 3.5mm sockets, it just makes life more simple in the factory if we don’t have to keep a separate stock of 2.5mm sockets just for the Susvara. That’s it. There was no down side to changing the connector and changing made life a little bit easier for the guys in the factory.

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Aug 4, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #4,330 of 25,551
Hi there, we see some of you have been talking about the Susvara now coming with 3.5mm sockets on the headphone rather than 2.5mm. We can confirm this is true. However the reason for this is really quite simple and rather mundane. Its not for any exotic “ooooh it sounds better” reasons, it was just that since the entire rest of our line up had already been moved over to using 3.5mm sockets, it just makes life more simple in the factory if we don’t have to keep a separate stock of 2.5mm sockets just for the Susvara. That’s it. There was no down side to changing the connector and changing made life a little bit easier for the guys in the factory.

is there a way we can find out more about which batch would come w the revised 3.5mm jacks?

ie. from xxx month onward etc.

Aug 4, 2020 at 6:09 PM Post #4,331 of 25,551
I think I speak for just about everyone when I say we thank you for the change!
3.5mm is definitely more sturdy and ideal than 2.5mm imo. Plus it means for those of us with custom cables we can use them for all of our hifiman cans which is nice.

Aug 4, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #4,332 of 25,551
is there a way we can find out more about which batch would come w the revised 3.5mm jacks?

ie. from xxx month onward etc.

I would like to know this too. I'm in the market for a Susvara, but only want one if I can be sure it's got 3.5mm jacks.

3.5mm is definitely more sturdy and ideal than 2.5mm imo. Plus it means for those of us with custom cables we can use them for all of our hifiman cans which is nice.

Completely agree!

Aug 5, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #4,333 of 25,551

Agreed. Too bad I got probably one of the last 2.5mm models.... Mine just showed up on 30 July direct from Hifiman. I'm planning on having a custom cable made, and would have preferred 3.5mm connectors, although realistically I won't share that cable with other headphones.

Susvara and Pendant.jpg

Aug 5, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #4,334 of 25,551
I received a brand new Susvara on 21 July to replace a loaner pair that I’d had for some while. My new ones arrived with 2.5mm connectors too. I had previously bought a JPS Superconductor cable on the basis that I could use it with my Abyss DiPhi and Susvara, but main contender was really Susvara. As it happens, it sounds great with Susvara and remains permanently connected now so I’m probably the odd exception who would have been disappointed to receive 3.5mm connector.

32D2FC29-0CEB-4D16-A9B5-1AAA5C2BD8FA.jpeg

Aug 5, 2020 at 2:44 PM Post #4,335 of 25,551
I received a brand new Susvara on 21 July to replace a loaner pair that I’d had for some while. My new ones arrived with 2.5mm connectors too. I had previously bought a JPS Superconductor cable on the basis that I could use it with my Abyss DiPhi and Susvara, but main contender was really Susvara. As it happens, it sounds great with Susvara and remains permanently connected now so I’m probably the odd exception who would have been disappointed to receive 3.5mm connector.

32D2FC29-0CEB-4D16-A9B5-1AAA5C2BD8FA.jpeg
Out of curiosity what are your comparisons between the susvara and Diana phi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back