HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 1, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #2,326 of 25,604
Hello, how did you like the Susvara with the XI Audio Formula S amp?

I have that amp for the Abyss AB-1266, and I am considering to add the Susvara to the Abyss in the future.

By the way … I wish there was a shop like that in my country, I would apply for a job as night watchman :L3000:

Sorry for the super late response! I thought the Formula amp paired quite well w/ Susvara, definitely enough power. :)

Apr 1, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #2,328 of 25,604
Sorry for the super late response! I thought the Formula amp paired quite well w/ Susvara, definitely enough power. :)

formula s is outstanding with susvara........more than ample power and nice pairing

Apr 1, 2019 at 10:36 PM Post #2,333 of 25,604
Holy Schiit, another of my kind is here!! <3 :kissing_heart:

eris_chan_by_gofu_web.jpg

Apr 2, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #2,336 of 25,604
Loving the Select II, I went though a lot of DAC's to end up there. It was the one to really make me forget about a Turntable. Yes the dual power supplies do make a big enough difference to warrant the upgrade. At first most owners did not do it however as word has got around I hear from MSB that most of the new Select's are being ordered with the dual power supplies. It is expensive however the point that really sold me apart from the sound is the ten year upgrade free guarantee. Thus ensuring that in the fast paced world of digital electronics I will not get left behind. The Select works as a Pre-amp, also does MQA (recently) and has a Roon endpoint enabled Network Renderer about to be released which will free up my Aurender for sale.

My thinking too. I have been considering this DAC as it does offer some protection against future upgrades. I have been badly burned with other manufacturers releasing upgraded products and devaluing mine at such a fast rate that my next purchase has to be able to be updated. Problem is that it is so fast moving these days with DACs. Congrats on a wonderful system.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:06 PM Post #2,337 of 25,604
My thinking too. I have been considering this DAC as it does offer some protection against future upgrades. I have been badly burned with other manufacturers releasing upgraded products and devaluing mine at such a fast rate that my next purchase has to be able to be updated. Problem is that it is so fast moving these days with DACs. Congrats on a wonderful system.

So for $90,000 does it really kill the CHORD DAVE plus Mscaler? I think I would rather take a trip around the world or perhaps book a ride on space X launch.

Apr 2, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #2,338 of 25,604
90K?pass thanks

Apr 2, 2019 at 10:39 PM Post #2,339 of 25,604

Future-proof DAC that outclasses the DAVE+Mscalar? The Linn Klimax has you covered. You can literally buy a new board and split your old DAC into two DACs, selling the older board in a new chassis when you upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back