HiFiMan Susvara
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #13,442 of 25,710
a strange list that doesnt include the abyss tc or sria ....I get it is all subjective but .....

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:16 AM Post #13,443 of 25,710
a strange list that doesnt include the abyss tc or sria ....I get it is all subjective but .....

they're there. just a few tiers down..

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:22 AM Post #13,445 of 25,710
they're there. just a few tiers down..
exactly, kind of silly...I am fine with somebody saying they like the susvara more than the TC..I own both but to suggest the TC is a few rungs down is just silly and believe I know this is all subjective but come on lol..I would say exactly the same thing if he put the susvara in rung 5...

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2021 at 12:24 AM Post #13,446 of 25,710
It’s there. They put it in tier 5
Resolve listens to jazz and music where realism and frequency evenness is preferred over bass response and staging. There's always a subjective element to every review.

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:34 AM Post #13,447 of 25,710
gee, if one listens to jazz then they couldnt possibly not place the sr1a into a list of top HP's...I could understand possibly leaving one out due to preference but both?...oh well..I am not rooting for one or the other because I own all 3

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:48 AM Post #13,448 of 25,710
To be fair, he ranks the Abyss TC under the "I can see it" category, and also adds this statement :
"Extremely detailed and engaging. This would be in tier 1 if it weren’t for A) the weight and awkward fit style, and B) its EQ potential is a bit limited as it has some strangely high harmonic distortion going on, potentially audible if you start adjusting things too much - and it definitely needs the adjustment in my opinion.

In the other words, "the Abyss TC would belong in Tier 1 were it not for these personal annoyances... blah, blah, blah..."

If it were me, I would simply place the Abyss in an a separate "unable to rank" category to avoid ruffling the feathers of Abyss TC fans. Ranking it in Tier 5 because of personal annoyances or frustrations with it might appear unnecessarily punitive to some, even if one has begun the ranking by stating the "everything is subjective.." caveat.

BTW personally, as a TC fan, my "feathers" are entirely unruffled, in case that matters :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Dec 30, 2021 at 12:56 AM Post #13,449 of 25,710
To be fair, he ranks the Abyss TC under the "I can see it" category, and also adds this statement :
"Extremely detailed and engaging. This would be in tier 1 if it weren’t for A) the weight and awkward fit style, and B) its EQ potential is a bit limited as it has some strangely high harmonic distortion going on, potentially audible if you start adjusting things too much - and it definitely needs the adjustment in my opinion.

In the other words, "the Abyss TC would belong in Tier 1 were it not for these personal annoyances... blah, blah, blah..."

If it were me, I would simply place the Abyss in an a separate "unable to rank" category to avoid ruffling the feathers of Abyss TC fans. Ranking it in Tier 5 because of personal annoyances or frustrations with it might appear unnecessarily punitive to some, even if one has begun the ranking by stating the "everything is subjective.." caveat.

BTW personally, as a TC fan, my "feathers" are entirely unruffled, in case that matters :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Off with his balls!

Too many qualifiers for the list to have any actual meaning.

He's also only experienced xyz whatever by review status, it's one thing to demo through meets, borrow gear in quick succession and then to live with gear for some prolonged time.

Dec 30, 2021 at 1:23 AM Post #13,450 of 25,710
gee, if one listens to jazz then they couldnt possibly not place the sr1a into a list of top HP's...I could understand possibly leaving one out due to preference but both?...oh well..I am not rooting for one or the other because I own all 3
Same, I’m unbothered while I enjoy the TC and Susvara both. While I appreciate his contributions, Resolve to me is just another audiophile with his own personal preference that may or may not align to mine or others.

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:12 AM Post #13,453 of 25,710
I fully get why he'd rank the Abyss TC the way he does. I have the same complaints. I've owned the TC for like 2 years now. It of course has special qualities no other headphone has. But I've almost sold it at least four times. If I was binning headphones into a tier system, the TC would fall under the "I do like it, but..." category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back