HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 9, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #12,226 of 25,604
Just received my susvara today. Pairing it with a bakoon amp23R now. Anyone has suggestions on which is the best option of upgrade headphone cable to use for the susvara? Thanks.
It would probably depend a lot on your budget....

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:29 PM Post #12,227 of 25,604
Just received my susvara today. Pairing it with a bakoon amp23R now. Anyone has suggestions on which is the best option of upgrade headphone cable to use for the susvara? Thanks.
Did you mean Enleum amp23r or bakoon amp13r?

For best cables on the market I suggest you inquire at Norne Audio.

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #12,233 of 25,604
The problem is you need to be able to solder yourself
True, if you don't like soldering than diy may not be a good option for you. If you choose to diy though just like any skill it'll take time to learn how to solder. This is probably one of the easier soldering diy project since you don't have to solder the speakon ends. You only have to solder the 4-pin xlr. The benefit is you can fix it as many time as you like. Cable is too long? cut the speakon end points. Too short? Well you got 90+ feet left there just make a new one.

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:56 PM Post #12,234 of 25,604
My budget would be around $1k for a 6ft cable, if it is really worth it i can probably stretch a little bit.
A lot of people on the Utopia forum are fond of Danacable - I got one myself from them for about that much. I'm actually using a Moon Audio Black Dragon for my Susvara right now, and that was about half the cost....

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:03 PM Post #12,235 of 25,604
My budget would be around $1k for a 6ft cable, if it is really worth it i can probably stretch a little bit.
I can also vouch for Norne. The Vykari is probably the best sounding cable available today, but silver supply is very limited at the moment so I don’t know when it’ll be back in stock. You can contact Trevor directly through email and ask for suggestions.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #12,236 of 25,604
Cables under $1k recommended brands;

* Norne Audio (Silvergarde S3)
* Arctic Cable (early years Neotech)
* Forza Audioworks (Noir HPC)
* AudioEnvy (Tonekraft)
* Oidio Audio (bespoke with Duelund cables)

These are the brands that I've bought and used and their cables are excellent in terms of aesthetics and build quality.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #12,237 of 25,604
My opinion on cables is buy based on function and aesthetics instead of expecting sonic improvements.

$1k is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on cables. You have the 23r which is endgame worthy unless you go tube route. Save up and upgrade your DAC, it will make just as much a difference as the Amp IME for something as transparent as the Susvara. Spend like $200 on a nice looking cable, you will get a far better ROI in electronics than cables.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:24 PM Post #12,238 of 25,604
My opinion on cables is buy based on function and aesthetics instead of expecting sonic improvements.

$1k is a ridiculous amount of money to spend on cables. You have the 23r which is endgame worthy unless you go tube route. Save up and upgrade your DAC, it will make just as much a difference as the Amp IME for something as transparent as the Susvara. Spend like $200 on a nice looking cable, you will get a far better ROI in electronics than cables.
True, thanks for the suggestion and I think it is really helpful. I am happy to adjust the budget on cable and spend it elsewhere of the chain.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #12,239 of 25,604
Did you mean Enleum amp23r or bakoon amp13r?

For best cables on the market I suggest you inquire at Norne Audio.

+1
Yup, Trevor makes some really nice cables!!!

I can also vouch for Norne. The Vykari is probably the best sounding cable available today, but silver supply is very limited at the moment so I don’t know when it’ll be back in stock. You can contact Trevor directly through email and ask for suggestions.
cool. Actually years ago I was using hifiman he6 and the silvergarde s3 from Norne was the best cable I found to pair with the he6.

Nov 9, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #12,240 of 25,604

Yes, $1k is a lot of $$$ for wire, but then again we are talking about a $6K MSRP, ($4400+/- street price) headphone. I am not affiliated with Norne or WyWires but have had really top notch service and really nice hp cables from both companies. S-3 Silvergarde from Norne and Platinum from WW.
I agree that it should look nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back