HiFiMan Susvara
Oct 22, 2021 at 5:25 PM Post #11,882 of 12,814

ThanatosVI

Headphoneus Supremus
Finally got around to upgrading my susvara cable and decided to go with an all silver cable. I'm completely blown away by how the cable turned out by @skedra vikingweavecables. Thanks dude 🙏

Can you link their Website for educational purposes?
Interested to see their lineup

Oct 22, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #11,885 of 12,814

jlbrach

Headphoneus Supremus
Pure silver is not good for Susvara. I used a mix of silver with gold and palladium mix which was far better then the stock cable. But Forza Noir Hybrid beats it! Pure silver is too lean too bright with Susvara.
well made silver cables can be terrific with the susvara

Oct 22, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #11,886 of 12,814

Roasty

Headphoneus Supremus
Finally got around to upgrading my susvara cable and decided to go with an all silver cable. I'm completely blown away by how the cable turned out by @skedra vikingweavecables. Thanks dude 🙏

Beautiful cable man! Congrats!
I asked about a cable from them a while back and they're quite pricey! If I'm not wrong, they don't have a website? Or at least they didn't have one up and running yet when I last checked.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #11,887 of 12,814

Ross Kyle

Head-Fier
A pity that there's no active user with Susvaras and ICAN Pro (Signature) in this thread and can report.
Am specifically interested in the XBass feature which would be very interesting for Susvara Imho.
@iFi audio if you know any Susvara ICAN reviews I'd be thankful to get some links...
I have OG ican , in terms of what they changed being in the power supplies i’d say that they ican doesn’t quite do it puts up a good fight but it’s an on virus change when switching to something with a larger current supply aka speaker amps , can be a little soft sometimes especially during transients , as for a pre then in to a speaker amp it’s really really good espeiclLg as you can engage tubes if you upgraded them it can be super sweet

Oct 23, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #11,888 of 12,814

JeffMann

100+ Head-Fier
I am not happy with the sound of my Susvara when driven by my Niimbus US4 headphone amplifier that is connected to the headphone with a Norne Silvergarde cable and the sound is too thin and bright.

I am thinking of purchasing a different headphone amplifier.

I found a thread on the Audio GD M9 amplifier, which is powerful enough to drive the HiFiMan HE6e headphone. However, there was no mention in that thread of any user using it with a Susvara headphone.

There are 3 versions of the Audio GD amplifier (M9, M19 and HE9) - does anybody have experience with those amplifiers driving the Susvara? I am also interested in any sound differences between the 3 versions.

Jeff.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #11,889 of 12,814

thecrow

Headphoneus Supremus
I am not happy with the sound of my Susvara when driven by my Niimbus US4 headphone amplifier that is connected to the headphone with a Norne Silvergarde cable and the sound is too thin and bright.

I found a thread on the Audio GD M9 amplifier, which is powerful enough to drive the HiFiMan HE6e headphone. However, there was no mention in that thread of any user using it with a Susvara headphone.

There are 3 versions of the Audio GD amplifier (M9, M19 and HE9) - does anybody have experience with those amplifiers driving the Susvara? I am also interested in any sound differences between the 3 versions.

Jeff.
my susvara and niimbus do not work well for me (so far) with my silver draug.

my norne volsund (copper) cable has been my best option thus far.

actually my nordost heimdall 2 (with adapters) works well too.

but not my silver cable.

I‘m hoping trevor from norne will contact me soon as i am looking/waiting to buy a drausk for my susvara

my advice: try another cable before you try another amp

my 2c

Oct 23, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #11,890 of 12,814

JeffMann

100+ Head-Fier
my susvara and niimbus do not work well for me (so far) with my silver draug.

my norne volsund (copper) cable has been my best option thus far.

actually my nordost heimdall 2 (with adapters) works well too.

but not my silver cable.

I‘m hoping trevor from norne will contact me soon as i am looking/waiting to buy a drausk for my susvara

my advice: try another cable before you try another amp

my 2c
I tried a Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2 cable (which is copper-based) and it helps make the sound less thin/bright, but I still do not like the final sound with the copper-based cable.

Jeff.

Oct 23, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #11,891 of 12,814

puppypatrol

New Head-Fier

Jeff.
Nothing satisfied me until I got a speaker amp for my Susvara - it doesn't have to be anything ultra expensive either - Susvara needs power, it cannot be underestimated ...

Oct 23, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #11,892 of 12,814

DJJEZ

500+ Head-Fier
Oct 23, 2021 at 7:18 PM Post #11,893 of 12,814

DJJEZ

500+ Head-Fier
Beautiful cable man! Congrats!
I asked about a cable from them a while back and they're quite pricey! If I'm not wrong, they don't have a website? Or at least they didn't have one up and running yet when I last checked.
no website. just made to order cables through email :D

Oct 23, 2021 at 7:23 PM Post #11,894 of 12,814

DJJEZ

500+ Head-Fier

Jeff.
what dac are you using?

Oct 23, 2021 at 9:37 PM Post #11,895 of 12,814

thecrow

Headphoneus Supremus
I tried a Forza Audioworks Noir HPC Mk2 cable (which is copper-based) and it helps make the sound less thin/bright, but I still do not like the final sound with the copper-based cable.

Jeff.
Fair enough - I can’t argue with personal tastes then

Users who are viewing this thread