HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:39 AM Post #9,871 of 26,703
As I understand it, this is a copper litz
In that case I consider it terribly overpriced by at least a factor of 2.

However that's just my opinion

Jul 7, 2021 at 8:44 AM Post #9,872 of 26,703
I'm open for education :)
Just saying that I didn't hear if it before since it doesn't have much of a presence here on head-fi and my own cable game just started in the most recent years.

The Marketing Text has no Real Information about the product unlike most other manufacturers. Which to me seems less professional than the competition.
At that price I'd easily expect something like 4x19awg 7N purity silver and yet I don't even know if it isn't just a copper cable, without contacting them.
So without any information about the products it doesn't come unexpected that next to nobody mentions them around here.

If you know more about the cable quality, Brand Reputation etc. Please share I'm eager to learn
Go read the history books.

In the 2000's, like, 2004, you had the rage cables for HD5/6xx which were either Cardas or the Equinox > Endorphin.

Back at this time, James used his former Sennheiser Engineer position as his main marketing tactic.

Once again, it's irreverent to me, as I do not subscribe to the claims of any audio manufacturer.

Yes, I do use Norne. I supported Steve Eddy for years before he sold Q-Audio. I've since supported Trevor.

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #9,873 of 26,703
interesting.. i didnt even know Stefan Audio Art was still up and running.
and i have a set of their Equinox cables for the HD650.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #9,875 of 26,703
Wow. 300B from Feliks.

I was eyeing the Primavera Trafomatic.

Encouraged by none other then @paradoxper.

Has anyone else heard the Primavera?
I seriously thought about purchasing the Trafomatic Primavera over the WA33 before I finally decided on the EF1000 (which I am still awaiting an update from Hifiman when it will finally arrive in the UK).

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #9,876 of 26,703
Has anyone been underwhelmed by Susvara initially without breaking it in. Seems veiled.
Absolutely the opposite

Always seemed transparent

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:13 AM Post #9,877 of 26,703
I seriously thought about purchasing the Trafomatic Primavera over the WA33 before I finally decided on the EF1000 (which I am still awaiting an update from Hifiman when it will finally arrive in the UK).
This must be the longest wait ever

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #9,878 of 26,703
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #9,879 of 26,703
The only reasonable option with WA33 I see is buying used from other head-fiers. As for me in particular, Switzerland is not in the EU either (Europe yes, EU no), which means I need to pay Swiss VAT (plus import tax). Luckily for me, Swiss VAT is around 7%, where as EU VAT is much higher (was it 21 or 23%?). Some dealers who have the proper exporting licence and know how to export without VAT, can deduct the VAT from the purchase price. This way, I don't have to pay EU+Swiss VAT and I actually get the same item from EU for cheaper than EU residents (crazy, isn't it). Unfortunately for me, Woo Audio did not agree to reduce VAT for me, meaning that I would have to pay the VAT twice. I even tried pulling strings through other dealers, trying to get it without VAT from US to EU to Switzerland, but again, Woo Audio did not agree. So you see, it is difficult to get an amp from them where I live, unless I am happy to throw money at our collective governments.
Same here in the UK !

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #9,880 of 26,703
This must be the longest wait ever
Yes ThanatosVI ! Hifiman should have started building the 2nd EF1000 middle of May. I asked my local Hifiman Dealer what the status was last week. Still awaiting a reply. I am now seriously thinking of cancelling my order (especially as my original order was middle of March !). I will give it one more week and If I haven't heard of any progress I am going to cancel and get my approx. £10k back !

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #9,881 of 26,703
Has anyone been underwhelmed by Susvara initially without breaking it in. Seems veiled.
Not me ! Heard little difference from burning in the Susvara to when I first heard it out of the box. In fact it's one of the best headphones I have heard that burn in has made any significant difference !

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #9,882 of 26,703
I sort of remember reading something somewhere that indicated they do many hours of burn-in at the factory. Hopefully I'm not confusing this with some other product.

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #9,883 of 26,703
Jul 7, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #9,884 of 26,703
Yes ThanatosVI ! Hifiman should have started building the 2nd EF1000 middle of May. I asked my local Hifiman Dealer what the status was last week. Still awaiting a reply. I am now seriously thinking of cancelling my order (especially as my original order was middle of March !). I will give it one more week and If I haven't heard of any progress I am going to cancel and get my approx. £10k back !
I commend your patience. I would have given up ages ago... This is no way to deal with a customer paying top dollar. Or top pound in this case..

Jul 7, 2021 at 9:53 AM Post #9,885 of 26,703
Not me ! Heard little difference from burning in the Susvara to when I first heard it out of the box. In fact it's one of the best headphones I have heard that burn in has made any significant difference !
I can also sense the difference between first listening out of the box and now. At first, Susvara seemed a little dry. After almost a week, I noticed that the sound became livelier and smoother. And also added bass. I listen and compare directly with HE1000SE. Therefore, it will not work to say that a banal addiction has happened. Susvara really changes over time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back