HiFiMan Susvara
May 14, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #8,746 of 25,604
Has anyone tried the Auris Nirvana with the Susvara?

On min 1:46, the founder says that the Nirvana was designed for the Susvara:

Also, I had read this glowing review of the Nirvana-Susvara combo on Stereophile, earlier: https://www.stereophile.com/content...e-amplifier-focal-stellia-casque-de-musique-0

I have one on loan to me right now. It's a very good tube amp for the Susvara. You can really tell that it was made with the Susvara in mind. There is a lot of volume headroom, moreso than most other tube amps I've tried. I've currently got KT77's in it and it doesn't have that tubey, warm, rolled off and rounded kind of sound. It is very "fast" for a tube amp and has a great sense of holography and depth. Bass is deep and without any form of distortion that I can hear. Mids are clean and "neutral (not sure how else to put it), and the highs are nice and airy without any sense of rolloff.

May 14, 2021 at 12:59 PM Post #8,748 of 25,604
May 14, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #8,749 of 25,604
I have one on loan to me right now. It's a very good tube amp for the Susvara. You can really tell that it was made with the Susvara in mind. There is a lot of volume headroom, moreso than most other tube amps I've tried. I've currently got KT77's in it and it doesn't have that tubey, warm, rolled off and rounded kind of sound. It is very "fast" for a tube amp and has a great sense of holography and depth. Bass is deep and without any form of distortion that I can hear. Mids are clean and "neutral (not sure how else to put it), and the highs are nice and airy without any sense of rolloff.
Very nice.

Would love to see a pic.

May 14, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #8,750 of 25,604
Ask and ye shall receive

Attachments

• 20210514_123741.jpg
    20210514_123741.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 0
May 14, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #8,752 of 25,604
May 14, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #8,756 of 25,604
Can I have the amp, please?
Haha, unfortunately it's not mine to give. Ask again in 10 years maybe.

Wish they had stuck with the matching wood and leather power supply unit.

But picturesque, nevertheless. 🙂
Yeah, same. They say it was for space saving purposes but it really doesn't have that same oomph to it without the matching chassis. Fortunately, it doesn't alter the sound at all.

May 14, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #8,759 of 25,604
Has anyone tried the Auris Nirvana with the Susvara?

On min 1:46, the founder says that the Nirvana was designed for the Susvara:

Also, I had read this glowing review of the Nirvana-Susvara combo on Stereophile, earlier: https://www.stereophile.com/content...e-amplifier-focal-stellia-casque-de-musique-0

Sajid, you keep triggering fun facts from my behalf.

I was at the Montreal Audio show, representing Fiio and our booth was right where the cameraman in this video is standing.

I actually bought the Susvara from the booth just there :)

I found the Auris stuff very beautifully crafted and made of nice quality, but I didn't find them outstanding for the Susvara personally. I had brought the brand new released Empyrean from another member of the trade's booth to A/B with HEKv2/HEKse and Susvara, and that's when I learned that Empyrean was pretty soft sounding.

After the show - after finally hearing the Susvara for the first time - I decided to reach out to HiFiMAN and trade in my HEKse for the show demo Susvara at an upgrade price I could not refuse.

Never looked back - best audio purchase I've made.

Last edited:
Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
May 14, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #8,760 of 25,604
Susvara is the best sounding headphone I have but it is way overpriced maybe 3000 usd worth. Finish is okay but 6000 USD? Shame Hifiman! The Amp 12000 USD? It's a joke really.
Last I looked nobody was forcing you to buy any product ,sadly prices are rising due to the rather incredible printing of money

Users who are viewing this thread

Back