HiFiMan Susvara
May 14, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #8,731 of 25,604
May 14, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #8,732 of 25,604
Yeah, the thrill of reading up on and trying New gear never stops.

The game is never over. There is always morw gear to at least read about...

Why do you sell it?
Which Preamp takes its place?
Ever considered a McIntosh C70?

Good to know that your gear has the correct voltage :p
That means everything you sell could be of potential interest to me
Lol. Correct voltage is right.

But no, not buying a pre-amp right now. Loving the Accuphase integrated amp for now. Sold off my Pass Labs XA25, so trying to sell the XP12.

May 14, 2021 at 9:41 AM Post #8,733 of 25,604
Go for the Hifiman EF1000 with the Susvara....and the game is over !
I was under the impression you still have yet to hear it. Or did I miss something?

May 14, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #8,734 of 25,604
Lol. Correct voltage is right.

But no, not buying a pre-amp right now. Loving the Accuphase integrated amp for now. Sold off my Pass Labs XA25, so trying to sell the XP12.
You even sold the XA25 :O
Always had the impression that the Pass combo with Susvara was your audio heaven.

What was it for you, that the Accuphase does better?

May 14, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #8,735 of 25,604
You even sold the XA25 :O
Always had the impression that the Pass combo with Susvara was your audio heaven.

What was it for you, that the Accuphase does better?
Somehow, overtime, I was enjoying the relative dynamism and energy of the Accuphase + Susvara pairing, much more than the delicate and softer XA25 + Susvara pairing.

On all headphones and speakers I have tried, the Pass XA25 has a more laidback presentation, with rounder edges to notes, which some people say is “analog” sounding.

The XA25 is a great amp, no doubt, but the Accuphase complements the Susvara better, if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
May 14, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #8,736 of 25,604
I was under the impression you still have yet to hear it. Or did I miss something?
Yes that is right. I am assuming it will sound amazing from the professional online reviews on the Susvara with the reviewer using the EF1000.

May 14, 2021 at 10:44 AM Post #8,738 of 25,604
GO FOR GAAAAAAAAWD and you don't need all this here anymore.

May 14, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #8,739 of 25,604
On a different note, I am trying to sell off the Pass Labs XP12. However, the thing is, mine is 220-240V, which means the buyer has to be based in the UK, EU, or Asia.

Any ideas on what websites I could try?
I would say for Europe: the best site to sell audio gear is this one:
https://www.audio-markt.de/market/
Basically it's a German website, but it's used by buyers and sellers across Europe. You can easily do the advertisement in English. It's not for free but really cheap (less than 10 €) for 60 days.

May 14, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #8,740 of 25,604
Basically it's a German website, but it's used by buyers and sellers across Europe. You can easily do the advertisement in English. It's not for free but really cheap (less than 10 €) for 60 days.
Sold and bought several things over this Website, can recommend it

May 14, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #8,741 of 25,604
Thank you

May 14, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #8,743 of 25,604
If you already have a TT2, I would recommend the following upgrade path steps;
1) Susvara (initially run them off the TT2 balanced XLR outputs)
2) Decent Speaker Amp i.e. a Chord Toby if you want to keep the same format as the TT2
3) M Scaler
4) Decent BNC cables to connect the M Scaler to the TT2 (WAVE Fidelity STORM are excellent)
5) Decent headphone cable for the Susvara

Apart from the the Ttoby, what would be a worthwhile speaker amp to pair with TT2 for the Susvaras that costs around 2000usd or less, and much less? An amp that will improve upon the TT2 xlr outs. I appreciate the guidance so I can avoid purchasing something that would not improve to tt2 xlr outs. I am only into headphones, so I’m not too keen on spending that much on a Ttoby for my use case. Thanks, guys!

May 14, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #8,744 of 25,604
Eagerly waiting for the Flux Labs Volot to be released as proper HP amp. Could be a perfect all arounder for TC, Susvara etc... https://www.head-fi.org/threads/flu...on-impressions-reviews-and-discussion.952903/

Other speaker amps I am curious to try:

Current driven amps:
Naim Supernait 3
Cyrus XR - I have the vintage Cyrus 2 with PSX and sounds superb with the Susvara

Pure Class A's:

Pure Audio One integrated
Esoteric F03A

Just by looks:
Leak Stereo 130 Class AB amp

Anyone have experience with these amps please chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back