HiFiMan Susvara
Apr 29, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #3,556 of 25,624
I don't see those wires on either side of mine. What is that supposed to be?
They aren't wires they're just driver traces.
The driver itself looks like this:
VI6YONFS4.png

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #3,558 of 25,624
As I also have a pair of Susvara headphones... Where are people sourcing alternative cables for them?

I think Cardas Clear is pretty good choice for the price, I think they're readily available to ship.. if you want to wait a few weeks for custom build then I'd recommend Norne Audio.

Apr 29, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #3,559 of 25,624
As I also have a pair of Susvara headphones... Where are people sourcing alternative cables for them?

There are quite a few different places to choose from with prices ranging all over the place. Forza audioworks, Moon Audio, Norne, DHC, Dana, etc. I'm actually selling a moon audio one if you are interested in a cable for your susvara.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #3,560 of 25,624
certainly 6K is to say the least pricey...that said todays going price which is far below the 6K retail price makes these a relative bargain because they truly are fantastic

Based the classical music I'm hearing tonight on Tidal:

https://listen.tidal.com/album/135641582/track/135641584

The Susvara is sonically one of the very best headphones I've ever heard! Listening with the Chord DAVE --> Benchmark HPA4 (and the Cardas Clear aftermarket cable) and this level of transparency is off the charts (and this is from a former SR009 & SR007Mk1 owner)! As well, one of the most comfortable headphones I've had on my head.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #3,561 of 25,624
I think Cardas Clear is pretty good choice for the price, I think they're readily available to ship.. if you want to wait a few weeks for custom build then I'd recommend Norne Audio.

I absolutely love these cables. Build-wise they are works of art and sonically, just the perfect final touch to my Susvara setup!

May 2, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #3,566 of 25,624
So I got the susvara's hooked up to the AHB2 today and hooooly crap what an immense improvement!

Instantly went from being "Excellent" to simply the best sound i've heard from a headphone, period.
Still need to play around with dac choices but god what a fantastic amp.

The only downside is that i'm getting a slight pop when the muting circuit engages/disengages. Which I'm worried may damage the headphones.
It is quiet though... but still.

Wouldn't be an issue if I could just leave the amp on, but there seems to be no way to disable the auto-off feature on the EU model (manual doesn't say how to turn it off, tried following instructions from the US manual but no dice). Meaning I have to mute the dac then unplug the headphones each time I want to stop listening, rather than just turning it off.

May 3, 2020 at 5:14 AM Post #3,567 of 25,624
So I got the susvara's hooked up to the AHB2 today and hooooly crap what an immense improvement!

Instantly went from being "Excellent" to simply the best sound i've heard from a headphone, period.

The only downside is that i'm getting a slight pop when the muting circuit engages/disengages. Which I'm worried may damage the headphones.

Wouldn't be an issue if I could just leave the amp on, but there seems to be no way to disable the auto-off feature on the EU model (manual doesn't say how to turn it off, tried following instructions from the US manual but no dice). Meaning I have to mute the dac then unplug the headphones each time I want to stop listening, rather than just turning it off.

Yep a quality amp and DAC is required if you want to take advantage of the Susvara. Nice to read that AHB2 match well.

I doubt that a “slight pop” will damage the Susvara if the volume on the preamp is on minimum. A more easy to drive headphone maybe. Best to check it out thou.

May 3, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #3,568 of 25,624
You guys see this review of susvara run on 5 speaker amps... Bakoon won... this thing has an easter egg feature that gets 25W/channel out of the HP jack!!!!! TBH sounds like this combo knocks down the Abyss TC.

Going to get this amp and try... will defo hold selling the susvara... i dont think even the TT2 can properly drive these... sounds like an entirely different animal with Bakoon... maby best in the world... and this Bakoon amp may be the best HP amp out there as well.

https://6moons.com/audioreview_articles/bakoon8/2/

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 5.22.32 AM.png

Last edited:
May 3, 2020 at 5:31 PM Post #3,570 of 25,624

pics? how big was the SQ change? improved dynamics? improved low end? sound meatier and chunkier?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back