1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HiFiMan Susvara

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by ostewart, Jun 18, 2017.
First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221
Next

Last
  1. JeffMann
    Zorilon,

Once you are able to see the blue foam of the earpads then that means that the black leather outer covering has pulled away from its original glued position, and the earpads should be replaced. The Susvara earpads are very poorly constructed and I am presently on my 4th pair of Susvara earpads. By contrast, I have never had to replace the earpads on my HiFiMan HE1000 headphones. HiFiMan needs to radically revise the design of the Susvara earpads in order to make them more durable!

Jeff.

bidn and zorilon like this.
  2. llamaluv
    I'm on my 3rd. Still angry about it. :/

Also, if that was the condition they came in when you bought them and the seller represented those headphones as being in "good working condition" -- and they're a cool person -- they ought to volunteer to chip in help get you replacement pads with just a little bit of prompting. #justsayin

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    bidn and zorilon like this.
  3. zorilon
    Maybe I didn’t explained well. The first two pictures are after I unglue myself the leather and cleaned the old glue and also aligned the foam to proper match the ear cup position. At first, only one pad had the leather a little loose inside after I cut the cloth that covers the drivers. You are right, they are poor made.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  4. zorilon
    Thanks for the advice! I'm sure he didn't know about it and will help me if I ask.

llamaluv likes this.
  5. zorilon
    It is a shame that this manufacturer (Hifiman) has figure it all right from the sound perspective, and so wrong from the craftsmanship and exorbitant price for this build. Hope other manufacturer will figure out the sound and a more normal weight and ergonomics of their headphones.
    Maybe they will!

This looks promising: HEDDphone

6. TeamHiFiMAN
    Hi there,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, if you could please email us at Customerservice@hifiman.com, then we can help you solve the problem.
    Thank you!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
    zorilon likes this.
  7. Matez
    I haven't yet gone through my first and it's been several months of extensive daily usage since I got my pair. Maybe something got improved over time?

zorilon likes this.
  8. llamaluv
    My previous pair ordered in Feb 2019 failed six months later in August 2019. So that was not so long ago. My current pair is just two months old. We'll see, I guess...

zorilon likes this.
  9. PeteSTRADAMUS
    @llamaluv Hey, are you still selling that hybrid Danacable for the Susvara?

10. jlbrach
    I own both the abyss tc and susvara...I am a lucky guy....recently I bought an adapter so I could try the abyss stock cable with the susvara and thus far I am very pleased with the results

11. jscmd2000
    The leather from one of my pads is sliding off and showing the blue foam inside. Does this mean I have to replace the entire pad? What the #$%^%$#... how can this happen on a $6k hp?? What gives, @TeamHiFiMAN?

I found some susvara earpads on eBay but they are all from China. Are there any from US? Which one would you recommend?

12. zorilon
    Thanks for the intervention April!

13. zorilon
    Hifiman contact me and it seems that I will receive a replacement set of ear pads. Hope this pair will be ok.
    They really have a very good customer service!

Thanks Hifiman!

14. GU1DO
    From what i read , the best customer service , at least way better than my experience with Abyss

15. Whitigir

You bought it second hand right ? Therefore , do not discounts the possibilities that the other owners did temper with it. I find it hard to believe that HifiMan can have such Quality control for flagship products

First

Back
208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217
219 220 221
Next

Last