HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #22,336 of 26,666
RME ADI-2 Pro in balanced mode (3W instead of SE's .75W) drives Sus very well imo, add a 12V battery and you're in business :p
I’m not fan of ESS. Sorry. I would have bought the Pro SE(4.4mm 4W/64Ohm) if I liked the sound of my old RME ADI-2 FS

Sep 27, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #22,337 of 26,666
I can say the Mojo 2 or Hugo 2 with the C9 is a great portable setup for the for most headphones on the go. Especially the HEKSE, Diana v2, Exspanse and Stealth. They all scale very well too.

But for the HEKSE you really only need the Mojo or Hugo 2.
Agreed, this combo sounds great with a lot of headphones

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #22,338 of 26,666
I hate to just dive bomb into the thread, but I noticed a rattle coming from my right ear cup during a bass heavy track. So I swapped connectors and it was still rattling on the right side. Then, I took the ear pads off to investigate. It appears there is a dog hair that has gotten past both driver covers, and into the driver. I know it's crazy but, any advice on getting it out without making the biggest mistake? 😂
Also, sorry the picture sucks it's hard to focus on something that small with a smartphone.
Edit* Looking closer I'm wondering if this could actually be one of the driver traces.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230927_124138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230927_124138_Gallery.jpg
    683.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #22,339 of 26,666
I hate to just dive bomb into the thread, but I noticed a rattle coming from my right ear cup during a bass heavy track. So I swapped connectors and it was still rattling on the right side. Then, I took the ear pads off to investigate. It appears there is a dog hair that has gotten past both driver covers, and into the driver. I know it's crazy but, any advice on getting it out without making the biggest mistake? 😂
Also, sorry the picture sucks it's hard to focus on something that small with a smartphone.
Edit* Looking closer I'm wondering if this could actually be one of the driver traces.
Agree - it looks like two wires twisted round each other- I’d suggest to contact HFM before pulling in anything.

Sep 27, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #22,340 of 26,666
Sep 28, 2023 at 1:28 AM Post #22,341 of 26,666
Hi guys,

I got my susvara few weeks back.

I had ordered the nirvana and while i was waiting for it. I was listening to it on my singxer sa-1. I did not expect to even drive it properly, but it did a decent job.

meanwhile my dealer gave me a demo auris headonia unit until the nirvana arrived.

The headonia is a reference TOTL from auris. It has great soundstage, detail , clarity..etc. as expected from a TOTL. While it sound great , but it gets boring to listen to it after
a while.

But somehow my singxer sa-1 sound more musical and i prefer to listen to it even though i m losing the soundstage and clarity.

Has something like this happened to anyone with susvara?

Sep 28, 2023 at 2:52 AM Post #22,342 of 26,666
Hi guys,

I had ordered the nirvana and while i was waiting for it. I was listening to it on my singxer sa-1. I did not expect to even drive it properly, but it did a decent job.

meanwhile my dealer gave me a demo auris headonia unit until the nirvana arrived.

The headonia is a reference TOTL from auris. It has great soundstage, detail , clarity..etc. as expected from a TOTL. While it sound great , but it gets boring to listen to it after
a while.

But somehow my singxer sa-1 sound more musical and i prefer to listen to it even though i m losing the soundstage and clarity.

I think that is it normal :) we all have different preferences and different pair of unique ears :) Enjoy your music the way you like...

Sep 28, 2023 at 3:23 AM Post #22,343 of 26,666
I also have an option of getting nirvana or feliks envy.

However, i cannot demo them since dealer does not have demo units.

if price is no concern, which one auris nirvana or feliks envy would one consider given one prefers musicality over technical/analytical.

also, how are the full music 300b tubes for the feliks envy?

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:00 AM Post #22,344 of 26,666
how are the full music 300b tubes for the feliks envy
Must-have, at least something on that level.
The Envy is very musical, lush, sweet and romantic with them, but lacks that last step in detail, resolution, soundstage, bite and dynamics. Swap to some Elrogs and OH MY GOD all those attributes go to 11 and beyond, but you lose some of the earlier mentioned aspects (which is totally ok since the Susvara does those anyway by itsself so you'll probably don't want to enhance them further). You can read more about the Elrog variants in the Envy thread. The question is probably what (other) headphones you aim to pair the Envy with and what your goals are.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #22,345 of 26,666
Hi guys,

a while.

not sure if this is the same but when i owned the auralic taurus mk ii i demoed the susvaras with it and found it very pleasantly sounding. A nice easy listen. Even sweet one may say.

However taking nothing away from the taurus or my enjoyment of it (in a demo) i knew the susvara had more to offer.

i could have easily stayed with the taurus for a period of time. Nothing wrong with it. It was pleasant BUT it did not bring the “magic” that the susvara was able to bring when the amp and chain were upgraded - but that comes at a cost, including the price of the susvara to start with

Sep 28, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #22,346 of 26,666
Hi guys,

a while.

I used my Susvara with my Stereo Amp with the speakertaps was blown away until I got the Envy, I was not able to listen to the Poweramp anymore, sounded very boring not musical now warmth, with the Envy I can listen hours and it sounds amazing.

Sep 28, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #22,347 of 26,666
I used my Susvara with my Stereo Amp with the speakertaps was blown away until I got the Envy, I was not able to listen to the Poweramp anymore, sounded very boring not musical now warmth, with the Envy I can listen hours and it sounds amazing.
Same experience for me going from my Chord Prima Pre-Amp with my Chord Mezzo 140 Power Amp set-up to my Hifiman EF1000 which was a some time ago now.

Still going strong using my EF1000 with my Susvara on a day to day basis with quite long listening sessions (especially at weekends) listening to both from my digital source and analogue source (although analogue source is used the most for serious listening).

Tried my Chord Amp set-up again a few weeks ago after such a long time ago since I had used it with my Susvara and wondered how it still sounds. Lol, I went straight back (within minutes) to my EF1000 with a big grin on my face ! :)

Sep 28, 2023 at 10:30 AM Post #22,348 of 26,666
I'm having an issue with the jack on the headphone. This is the 2nd Susvara that I'm having an issue with the headphone losing connection with slight movements of the cable. Does anyone know if Hifiman offers headphone jack replacements, and how much the replacement costs?

Sep 28, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #22,349 of 26,666
If I use my Cayin CS100dac in preamp mode (17 vrms via xlr preout) with something like a TToby. Would this be safe at low volumes connected to the speaker taps?

Sep 28, 2023 at 5:16 PM Post #22,350 of 26,666
This mirrors my findings. Tubes just bring something real to the party. The environmental cues are absolutely nuts. The density added to midrange has made so much 50's/60's/70's music available to me that i would never have listened to on solid state. And that older music just sounds so real - Cant get enough of it. Holo May L2 -> Cayin 300b mk2 -> Susvara. Tubes are Elrog MO, Mullard Quad CV6, Raytheon 22De4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back