HiFiMan Susvara
Nov 27, 2022 at 11:52 AM Post #18,796 of 25,847
I use Heimdall 2. That said. I installed the isotek Aquarius v5, with premier powercables, and that makes a bigger difference than changing hp acable. Highly recommended!

I have the IsoTek EVO3 Aquarius. Agree the power source/cables are really important

Nov 27, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #18,797 of 25,847
I use Heimdall 2. That said. I installed the isotek Aquarius v5, with premier powercables, and that makes a bigger difference than changing hp acable. Highly recommended!
Heimdall 2 is only silverplated....I can get pure silver for alot cheaper

Nov 27, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #18,798 of 25,847
I highly recommend the Linx Diamond silver cable from Underwood. It is the most ergonomic, lightweight, thin cable I have.
confusing website gave up looking for cables.

Nov 27, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #18,799 of 25,847
Heimdall 2 is only silverplated....I can get pure silver for alot cheaper
I dont want pure silver. I think Copper and silver is the way to go. Stock is also Copper and silver But they sound very different. Stock is dry and bright sounding in comparison to my ears. Heimdall sounds “wetter”

Edit: Heimdall 2 is pure copper. Not silverplated.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #18,800 of 25,847
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #18,801 of 25,847
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #18,802 of 25,847
I dont want pure silver. I think Copper and silver is the way to go. Stock is also Copper and silver But they sound very different. Stock is dry and bright sounding in comparison to my ears. Heimdall sounds “wetter”
Love this hifi world.. :),everyone has different taste.. I preferred pure silver over Silver/copper or pure copper... silver, to my ears, bring out more space, airiness over other metal.

My favorite metal is silver/ gold hybrid cae.... it still had trait of pure silver but also brought out more bass as well... n

however I wasn't able tell the difference between different connectors.. fufutech or neutrik, did sound the same for my ears :)

Nov 27, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #18,803 of 25,847
Looks great but outside of europe😢

I wonder how much silver FAW has in the hybrid hpc

🤷‍♀️
only way to find out is ask...:wink:

Nov 27, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #18,804 of 25,847
🤷‍♀️
only way to find out is ask...:wink:
Hmm Im playing with my chain/power it seem I need to experiment some more on this matter before moving on to an expensive cable.

The stock cable is king!

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:18 PM Post #18,805 of 25,847
This upgrade probably did a more obvious difference than buying another dac right?

Im glad you did this instead of buying another DS DAC🙌

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:37 PM Post #18,806 of 25,847
Yes it did! It almost can’t believe it. It’s the biggest difference in my system since I upgraded to the moon 430had. Maybe I couldn’t tell the dacs apart because I had poor power in my chain earlier ? Now it’s like a haze has been lifted off and the grey rainy day is switched over to a clear and sunny day :)

Nov 27, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #18,807 of 25,847
I have the IsoTek EVO3 Aquarius. Agree the power source/cables are really important
+1 I have the IsoTek EVO3 Sigmas, and it really does make a noticeable difference

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #18,808 of 25,847
Need advice on cables. I like the stock Susvara tuning and don't want to change it much, but we all know how cool aftermarket cables could be 🤣

I'm looking for a cable that will not make this headphones warmer, but just add a little punch and low end wait. I normally like pure silver cables, however, no matter how good they are, pure silver always makes the sound a little thinner. So I guess I need a hybrid. I was eyeing new Arctic Cables Gladius, but I'm afraid it's too thick and will add some warmth. What about Cardas Clear or Forza Noir Hybrid? Do they change tonal balance a lot? Any other suggestions?
I highly recommend DHC Complement C15 with S-mod. Or perhaps their new cable the Chimera but I haven’t heard it.

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:36 PM Post #18,809 of 25,847
I highly recommend DHC Complement C15 with S-mod. Or perhaps their new cable the Chimera but I haven’t heard it.
I took advantage of that Black Friday sale and I've got a Chimera on the way!! It seems similar to the C15S, but a little bigger, and tuned for Susvara and Raal.

So far, the most natural cable that was closest to (but much better than) stock was Cardas Clear Beyond. I would have kept it but it didn't have the thump of my Prion4.

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #18,810 of 25,847
I find headphone cables made using litz wire to be sub-optimal. Litz configurations separate each wire individually, and each has a slightly different conductivity, thereby creating a slight smearing (for lack of a better word) from one side to the other and making the sound more "warm" or "natural." This warmth or naturalness is really a function of the small amount of distortion arising from the differences in conductivity. The reality is you are getting less pure/clean sound reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back