HiFiMan Susvara
Sep 1, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #1,651 of 25,631
highly doubtful on both fronts....

Sep 7, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #1,652 of 25,631
Well, wifi or bluetooth to speakers IMO degrades the sound unless it is lossless. Even then it increases noise so degades the sound regardless. Maybe ok for a portable system?

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:11 AM Post #1,654 of 25,631
anyone could suggest the plan of amplifer and digital source combo of susvara under 10000 usd

I’ve had great success using them with the McIntosh MHA150 and HE-Adapter. It can be used as both amplifier and DAC for iPhone or PC via USB. I like the combo with the MCT80, which I was initially going to sell but kept, as well for all my disc media. Lately I’ve been feeding it via PC to Auralic Vega and bypassing the internal DAC. I don’t hear any noticeable differences, but using the Auralic allows me to A/B the Susvara/MHA150 with the 009S/BHSE.

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #1,655 of 25,631
I’ve had great success using them with the McIntosh MHA150 and HE-Adapter. It can be used as both amplifier and DAC for iPhone or PC via USB. I like the combo with the MCT80, which I was initially going to sell but kept, as well for all my disc media. Lately I’ve been feeding it via PC to Auralic Vega and bypassing the internal DAC. I don’t hear any noticeable differences, but using the Auralic allows me to A/B the Susvara/MHA150 with the 009S/BHSE.
i am planning to built a set of brinkmann intergrated and audiovalve adapter.the source is burl bomber b2 with dante interface.
and mit power conditioner and few cables

Sep 11, 2018 at 5:34 AM Post #1,656 of 25,631
i am planning to built a set of brinkmann intergrated and audiovalve adapter.the source is burl bomber b2 with dante interface.
and mit power conditioner and few cables

I’ve never noticed differences with power conditioners and cables (I pretty much use Blue Jeans cables for everything and stock power cords), as long as they’re built well with good materials. The same goes for well constructed DACs and solid state amps. I haven’t needed a power conditioner in my setup, but I have lived in newer buildings for the last 25 years.

I bought some fairly expensive Nordost cables to use on Ayer MX-R monoblocks a number of years ago and didn’t notice any difference compared to the Blue Jeans cables. I sold the Nordost cables. I compared the MX-Rs to Emotiva amps and also found no difference in the sound quality, so I sold the MX-Rs as well. I usually buy moderately priced equipment for the looks and build quality more than the idea that they will make audible differences, at least with solid state equipment.

I’ve always loved the look of McIntosh equipment, and their build quality is solid. They have a very cool history with the Grateful Dead (Owsley) and the development of excellent concert sound quality for rock. The MHA150 does have a bigger footprint though, but gobs of power, especially through the speaker taps. If you don’t get the MCT80 or feed it DSD at all, you’re better off saving a lot and getting the older MHA100. For me, having a simple two unit stack that could handle everything in my music collection (except LPs) in one bundle was beneficial and worth the price of admission...

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #1,657 of 25,631

i have both the violectric 281 and the ican pro and while the 281 is my amp of choice the ican pro is outstanding a damn near as good.....more than ample power for anything...all sorts of options of very small footprint........to me these are the 2 best choices in the relatively affordable area....if you spend a ton of money i am sure you can find improvement but as i said it will be costly

Oct 1, 2018 at 1:40 PM Post #1,658 of 25,631
i have both the violectric 281 and the ican pro and while the 281 is my amp of choice the ican pro is outstanding a damn near as good.....more than ample power for anything...all sorts of options of very small footprint........to me these are the 2 best choices in the relatively affordable area....if you spend a ton of money i am sure you can find improvement but as i said it will be costly

Agreed. I have Pro iCAN nearby and versatility it provides rock my boat no matter what headphones arrive to my small workshop.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Oct 1, 2018 at 1:57 PM Post #1,659 of 25,631
Another vote for the Pro iCan. I drive my Susvara's with it without a problem. I use the XBass+ feature with them to enhance the sub bass frequencies on the Susvara's with very good results. I also have the HE-Adapter I use with my Burson Timekeeper amp. The biggest difference between the two is the increase in dynamic range with the Timekeeper and HE-Adapter.

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #1,660 of 25,631
Another vote for the Pro iCan. I drive my Susvara's with it without a problem. I use the XBass+ feature with them to enhance the sub bass frequencies on the Susvara's with very good results. I also have the HE-Adapter I use with my Burson Timekeeper amp. The biggest difference between the two is the increase in dynamic range with the Timekeeper and HE-Adapter.
hello, about the susvara headphones and the ifi pro ican with functions that can benefit the restitution, but that I find not too natural,
sorry but what I do not understand is to have a headphone like susvara that costs 6000 € in France, and you have to add bass on a headset of this price, ........ why not having chosen a brand like audeze or the bass is of great purity, natural, a cheaper .......... it is true that the advertising that has been made around this helmet, has decided some buyers to commit, and to trust professionals who do not deserve this trust, it was the same for the focal Utopia, that I could listen and compare with the focal élear, well I prefers the focal elear which has a more natural and balanced restitution, and yet which costs four times cheaper, I think that trust should have limits, .......

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:47 PM Post #1,661 of 25,631
hello, about the susvara headphones and the ifi pro ican with functions that can benefit the restitution, but that I find not too natural,
sorry but what I do not understand is to have a headphone like susvara that costs 6000 € in France, and you have to add bass on a headset of this price, ........ why not having chosen a brand like audeze or the bass is of great purity, natural, a cheaper .......... it is true that the advertising that has been made around this helmet, has decided some buyers to commit, and to trust professionals who do not deserve this trust, it was the same for the focal Utopia, that I could listen and compare with the focal élear, well I prefers the focal elear which has a more natural and balanced restitution, and yet which costs four times cheaper, I think that trust should have limits, .......

Huh???

Oct 1, 2018 at 11:54 PM Post #1,662 of 25,631
Susvara is pretty much perfect at everything. It does not need bass boost or any boost. As with any headphone, you can add whatever you want to suit your taste.

Oct 2, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #1,663 of 25,631
I agree, no bass boost is needed for Susvara. I use iFi iCan Pro as well (Chord Dave as souce DAC) and I do not need the XBass feature at all. I tried it but it is really not needed for my tastes (bass too strong).

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #1,664 of 25,631
I agree, no bass boost is needed for Susvara. I use iFi iCan Pro as well (Chord Dave as souce DAC) and I do not need the XBass feature at all. I tried it but it is really not needed for my tastes.
that's what I think too, that a helmet like the Susvara does not need correction, if you pay so much is to have the naturalness and transparency, or there is a problem on an element, ........

Oct 2, 2018 at 5:38 AM Post #1,665 of 25,631
The Susvara’s don’t need bass boost. It’s just a personal choice. What I realize when I listen to music with the Susvara’s is there are some really bad recordings out there. The Susvara’s are even more revealing than my Utopia’s. Adding a little bass, sometimes, is welcomed just to improve the sound quality of those songs. Plus, I had the Audeze LCD-4’s and I sold them in favor of the Susvara’s. So it’s really not all about bass with me. It’s about having a balanced presentation and musical fidelity. In that regard, I felt the Susvara’s bested the LCD-4’s so the decision was easy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back