HiFiMan Susvara
Jul 3, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #16,516 of 25,603
The Susvaras are in and I’m 3 songs in! Holy. Crap!!!! Hearing about just how accurate these are had me honestly lowering my expectations before putting them on my head but the claims are ridiculously spot on. I put them on my head fully not expecting to have a "wow" moment, but that moment came anyways. These sound like my Neumann KH120 studio monitors but just attached to my head.

Ridiculously accurate, no frequency is over or underemphasized. The only part I was worried about was the bass but paired with the Ferrum OOR + Hypsos, there is ample bass response and slam for my tastes and im not particularly left wanting. Color me ridiculously impressed. It’s easy to see why these are “the grail” already! I am shook.

71CA6785-A10F-4421-9143-FE548843032F.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #16,517 of 25,603
The Susvaras are in and I’m 3 songs in! Holy. Crap!!!! Hearing about just how accurate these are had me honestly lowering my expectations before putting them on my head but the claims are ridiculously spot on. These sound like my Neumann KH120’s but just attached to my head.

Ridiculously accurate, no frequency is over or underemphasized. The only part I was worried about was the bass but paired with the Ferrum OOR + Hypsos, there is ample bass response and slam for my tastes and im not particularly left wanting. Color me ridiculously impressed. It’s easy to see why these are “the grail” already! I am shook.

Welcome to the club. Enjoy!

Jul 3, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #16,518 of 25,603
The Susvaras are in and I’m 3 songs in! Holy. Crap!!!! Hearing about just how accurate these are had me honestly lowering my expectations before putting them on my head but the claims are ridiculously spot on. These sound like my Neumann KH120’s but just attached to my head.

I’ve heard the Susvara with the Ferrum stack and it’s a wonderful combination. You got a great setup off the bat..:)

Jul 3, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #16,519 of 25,603
The Susvaras are in and I’m 3 songs in! Holy. Crap!!!! Hearing about just how accurate these are had me honestly lowering my expectations before putting them on my head but the claims are ridiculously spot on. I put them on my head fully not expecting to have a "wow" moment, but that moment came anyways. These sound like my Neumann KH120 studio monitors but just attached to my head.

Yep. Susvara has great bass quality. People reading these threads have the wrong impression about it. It’s not 1266TC slam, but nothing is. Once you get beyond that, it’s fantastic tonality especially in the mids where all of the emotional energy is in music.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 9:39 PM Post #16,522 of 25,603
Is there any news of susvara2 ? I was planning to buy a new susvara, but susvara was released 5 years ago.
Get a used one on head-di (easy to get “like new” for $3-4k), worst case you just resell it one day if you feel serious FOMO.. :wink:

Jul 3, 2022 at 9:41 PM Post #16,523 of 25,603
Get a used one on head-di (easy to get “like new” for $3-4k), worst case you just resell it one day if you feel serious FOMO.. :wink:
Or upgrade it. Hifiman has a great trade in program.

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #16,525 of 25,603
I put them on my head fully not expecting to have a "wow" moment, but that moment came anyways. These sound like my Neumann KH120 studio monitors but just attached to my head.

Nice. Congrat! You impression reminds me of my Sus day 1.
I also got mine recently a few months ago and my initial expectation wasn't too different from you (of course I expected they were at least something better than he1000 I had.. because I I already spent a lot lol). After the first test track finished, I realized I didn't have to worry at all then smiled.

Jul 3, 2022 at 10:33 PM Post #16,526 of 25,603
Nice. Congrat! You impression reminds me of my Sus day 1.
I also got mine recently a few months ago and my initial expectation wasn't too different from you (of course I expected they were at least something better than he1000 I had.. because I I already spent a lot lol). After the first test track finished, I realized I didn't have to worry at all then smiled.

Pretty sure I had the same smile after my first track haha. For my VC and Atrium, which I love both by the way, I felt like I needed to get the brain burn in going to really see their beautiful qualities. I knew after the first track that there was no way the Susvara was leaving me.

Speaking of which, tonight is dedicated to Susvara listening. Any fantastic highly detailed tracks people can recommend that will show beautifully on the Susvara?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #16,527 of 25,603
Speaking of which, tonight is dedicated to Susvara listening. Any fantastic highly detailed tracks people can recommend that will show beautifully on the Susvara?

try these albums

epitaph - moriarty
lhasa - lhasa
tree of life - yodelice
different pulses - asaf avidan
me and armini - emiliana torrini
chon - chon
tremors in the static - vega trails
beautiful Africa - rokia traore

when I still had my Susvara, I really enjoyed these albums with it.

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #16,529 of 25,603
try these albums

epitaph - moriarty
lhasa - lhasa
tree of life - yodelice
different pulses - asaf avidan
me and armini - emiliana torrini
chon - chon
tremors in the static - vega trails
beautiful Africa - rokia traore

when I still had my Susvara, I really enjoyed these albums with it.

Loving loving these song choices! Not even my "typical" style of music but all of 'em I've listened to so far are beautiful tracks. Very soothing :)

This one really stuck out as I was listening through Lhasa's album:

Jul 3, 2022 at 11:25 PM Post #16,530 of 25,603
Yup. Reminds me of my day 1 as well, lol.

slightly different than.mine. At first just ok-ish sounding until it becomes my daily driver and honeymoon period is over. now its my primary driver as they were very comfortable to the head and easy to wear unlike my tc where I have to fix it on my head properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back