HiFiMan Susvara
May 13, 2022 at 11:52 PM Post #15,796 of 25,628
Any recommendations for good carrying case for the Susvara?

Will bringing them with me probably to Chicago CanJam, and looking for a portable case that can fit it.

Thanks for any advice..
I bought this from amazon, 40+ doller
307ADD2473AF1CE776ED45F200681640.jpg

May 13, 2022 at 11:54 PM Post #15,797 of 25,628
May 14, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #15,799 of 25,628
Steve how is your use of your nirvana v enleum going with the susvara with respect to what you prefer/use?

i ask as i have the niimbus and i have no issue with it and the susvara. Wondering if the nirvana would drive the susvaras just as well and if brings much more/difference to the table as i believe the nirvana is not too tubey at all. Correct me if i am wrong
Super interested as well! Thanks.. 🙏
I compared my 2 amps, 23R and Nirvana, with my Susvara. Surprisingly, at least to me, I liked my Nirvana better. It sounded a bit more dimensional, more full bodied/slightly warmer, and more dynamic. I'm not using the stock tubes in the Nirvana. I use two Sophia Electric EL34-ST (big blue bottles) power tubes and a NOS Mullard CV4003 driver tube. I also use a Synergistic Orange fuse in the Nirvana and both amps use a Triode Wire Labs 10 Plus power cord. I used the balanced output of my Holo May KTE to the Nirvana and the May's single ended output to the 23R. I could have used the single ended output to both amps but it would've required that I switch cables each time I switched amps and that would've been a PITA. Both amps were plugged into my Equi=Tech 2RQ balanced power conditioner. I said the results were surprising because lately I've been using the 23R more and loving it but today the Nirvana beat it to my ears. PM me if you have questions.

May 14, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #15,800 of 25,628
I compared my 2 amps, 23R and Nirvana, with my Susvara. Surprisingly, at least to me, I liked my Nirvana better. It sounded a bit more dimensional, more full bodied/slightly warmer, and more dynamic. I'm not using the stock tubes in the Nirvana. I use two Sophia Electric EL34-ST (big blue bottles) power tubes and a NOS Mullard CV4003 driver tube. I also use a Synergistic Orange fuse in the Nirvana and both amps use a Triode Wire Labs 10 Plus power cord. I used the balanced output of my Holo May KTE to the Nirvana and the May's single ended output to the 23R. I could have used the single ended output to both amps but it would've required that I switch cables each time I switched amps and that would've been a PITA. Both amps were plugged into my Equi=Tech 2RQ balanced power conditioner. I said the results were surprising because lately I've been using the 23R more and loving it but today the Nirvana beat it to my ears. PM me if you have questions.
Thanks so much! That’s super helpful!

May 15, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #15,801 of 25,628
I really really don't understand when people say that the Susvara don't have enough bass...

I'm listening now to Massive Attack's Angel and my skull is vibrating.

My chain is Holo May L2 --> ifi iCan Pro Signature --> Susvara
1. Ppl have poor signal chains and blames the Susvara for having weak bass.

2. Most people have acclimated to the bass peaks of other headphones and thinks Susvara lacks bass quantity and slam...when it doesn't. It just lacks mid bass quantity.

May 15, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #15,802 of 25,628
Cheers

And offer accepted - PM sent :)

May 15, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #15,803 of 25,628
Any recommendations for good carrying case for the Susvara?

I'd probably use a large Pelican case and order some foam that I'd cut to size. Unless something like that already exists :wink:

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
May 15, 2022 at 5:12 PM Post #15,804 of 25,628
Hi, I'm looking for advice - I like how sounds Hifiman Arya with Fiio M15 and Fiio M17 players - owning both of them. Now I thinking to get something new and was thinking on Susvara and he1000se with Cayin n8ii(not sure how it is compared to M17) . Susvara probably could be end game - but can I drive it to that state with Fiio M17 or Cayin n8ii or should I go for he1000se or some different setup.

May 15, 2022 at 5:40 PM Post #15,805 of 25,628
Hi, I'm looking for advice - I like how sounds Hifiman Arya with Fiio M15 and Fiio M17 players - owning both of them. Now I thinking to get something new and was thinking on Susvara and he1000se with Cayin n8ii(not sure how it is compared to M17) . Susvara probably could be end game - but can I drive it to that state with Fiio M17 or Cayin n8ii or should I go for he1000se or some different setup.
Waste of money to get anything better without first getting your source and amp up to a reasonably good quality level - I would even say Arya is a waste for DAP use.

May 15, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #15,807 of 25,628
Thanks for feedback. Any advice on setup :) in 10k $ range?
Headphone only? Music preference? Available brands? Sound profile preference? Do you already have a streamer/network bridge or are you CD/SACD only and already have a preferred transporter?

May 15, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #15,808 of 25,628
Headphone only? Music preference? Available brands? Sound profile preference? Do you already have a streamer/network bridge or are you CD/SACD only and already have a preferred transporter?
Headphones only, for music I like modern one like Billie Eilish so I would say everything from 2000+ and I like different genres. . There is no local brands present for high end HiFI so will order in Europe online stores. Having players Fiio m15 and m17 right now - preferring Tidal, Qobuz streaming, Apple music. From sound profile I like how sounds Arya - stage and details. Having also HD660s, Meze Empyrean, solaris 2020, se846 .

May 15, 2022 at 5:59 PM Post #15,809 of 25,628
Headphones only, for music I like modern one like Billie Eilish so I would say everything from 2000+ and I like different genres. . There is no local brands present for high end HiFI so will order in Europe online stores. Having players Fiio m15 and m17 right now - preferring Tidal, Qobuz streaming, Apple music. From sound profile I like how sounds Arya - stage and details. Having also HD660s, Meze Empyrean, solaris 2020, se846 .
If you like how Arya sounds, just get it. Nothing beats getting something you listened to and actually like. If this is the new stealth model, it is not as power hungry as prior v2 version, so should work with your Fiio players. Test and find out..

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #15,810 of 25,628
He1000se. Sounds good out of anything.

but demo it first in case you are sensitive to treble

Users who are viewing this thread

Back