Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
Sep 19, 2020 at 8:36 PM Post #2,718 of 4,250
oh wow.. never ordered anything from Ali Express. I thought it takes forever to get thru customs and etc.. Surely will try Ali express for first time.. so you say build quality of this cable is very good right?
Some of the Chinese sites can be pretty slow. Banggood is sometimes okay, sometimes slow, though I've always received what I ordered. Of the 3 or 4 orders I've placed on AliExpress in the past few months, I've received all of them and shipping has been pretty quick.

Build quality is excellent. Looks like it came off a production line that's nailed their process. I got that one specifically because it's balanced, right angle 4.4, and it has the woven sheath over the conductors. It took lots of browsing to find it; probably a couple of hours invested.

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:42 PM Post #2,719 of 4,250
Some of the Chinese sites can be pretty slow. Banggood is sometimes okay, sometimes slow, though I've always received what I ordered. Of the 3 or 4 orders I've placed on AliExpress in the past few months, I've received all of them and shipping has been pretty quick.

Build quality is excellent. Looks like it came off a production line that's nailed their process. I got that one specifically because it's balanced, right angle 4.4, and it has the woven sheath over the conductors. It took lots of browsing to find it; probably a couple of hours invested.
Thank you so much will place my order with them today. I really appreciate your help

Sep 19, 2020 at 8:47 PM Post #2,721 of 4,250
You're welcome.

FYI, I just checked the delivery time. Ordered July 16 and delivered July 31. Two weeks on the dot and that's to California.
Hey I'm from Cali too :). Just ordered Sundara yesterday , it arrives on Monday. Was it a big difference in sound once you switched from unbalanced to balanced cable?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #2,722 of 4,250
Seems reasonable priced. Do you know if they have one for Sundara with 4.4 tip
Ask. They try to do what you want and are really nice people.

Sep 20, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #2,724 of 4,250
just wanted to say - i got the Sundara last week and was very impressed by the soft but wide sound, fine trebles, really high fidelty stuff. Really, really great. Unfortunately, i will now return it to Amazon due to a rather light, but definitely audible channel imbalance. Everything that should have been center image, was slightly moved to the left. Initially, i thought this was not the HPs fault but rather the known problem of the SMSL SP200's volume knob. But i did also have it on my Mojo and my NDH20 didn't have the problem on the SMSL. Really disappointing. It was my first HiFiman and, at least for now, will propably be my last. If you already know about possible QC problems, you get more aware of this stuff. But if it really happens to you, you'll still be bummed. I really, really liked the sound though.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #2,725 of 4,250
just wanted to say - i got the Sundara last week and was very impressed by the soft but wide sound, fine trebles, really high fidelty stuff. really, really great. Unfortunately, i will now return it to Amazon due to a rather light, but definitely audible channel imbalance. Everything the should have been center image, was slightly moved to the left. Initially, i thought this was was the HPs fault but rather the known problem of the SMSL SP200's volume knob. But i did also have it on my Mojo and my NDH20 didn't have the problem on the SMSL. Really disappointing. It was my first HiFiman and, at least for now, will propably be my last. If you already know about possible QC problems, you get more aware of this stuff. But if it really happens to you, you'll still be bummed. I really, really liked the sound though.
I have asked the store to check my unit before shipment .Arrives tomorrow, will post here how it goes

Sep 21, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #2,726 of 4,250
Well then try another one.. nobody died :wink:
And chances are higher it works this time like lightning doesnt strike the same place. If it happens again then i would say F U hifiman

My repaired tube amp came dead on arrival some weeks ago because the shipping company broke it..

My used pair was from someone from my same city and so i knew they would work.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #2,727 of 4,250
Well then try another one.. nobody died :wink:
And chances are higher it works this time like lightning doesnt strike the same place. If it happens again then i would say F U hifiman

My repaired tube amp came dead on arrival some weeks ago because the shipping company broke it..

My used pair was from someone from my same city and so i knew they would work.
Agree on the try another one. My first pair was the same way. Glad i opted for a replacement. Note the some folks clear tye channel imbalance simply by playing them continuously (I’ve heard - that was NOT a pun).

Sep 22, 2020 at 5:18 AM Post #2,729 of 4,250
just wanted to say - i got the Sundara last week and was very impressed by the soft but wide sound, fine trebles, really high fidelty stuff. Really, really great. Unfortunately, i will now return it to Amazon due to a rather light, but definitely audible channel imbalance. Everything that should have been center image, was slightly moved to the left. Initially, i thought this was not the HPs fault but rather the known problem of the SMSL SP200's volume knob. But i did also have it on my Mojo and my NDH20 didn't have the problem on the SMSL. Really disappointing. It was my first HiFiman and, at least for now, will propably be my last. If you already know about possible QC problems, you get more aware of this stuff. But if it really happens to you, you'll still be bummed. I really, really liked the sound though.
Hi there,

We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience, could you please kindly email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so we can look into what happened and how to help?

Thank you!

April

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Sep 27, 2020 at 1:22 AM Post #2,730 of 4,250
Question.
Hi there,

We are really sorry for the unpleasant experience, could you please kindly email us at customerservice@hifiman.com so we can look into what happened and how to help?

Thank you!

April
9794068ed832d1a5ccacd05c4b54f1bf2a400928.png

I know the silent revision has been discussed about a thousand times but what is this 'dust cover improvement'? I bought a sundara recently, and the dust cover seems no different than when they were furst introduced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back