Hifiman Sundara (HE400i upgraded, around $500)
Mar 8, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #3,241 of 4,255
Please stop “harassing” this thread and talk down anybody that don’t agree with your bold and unsupported statement.
“I don’t see how a pad can do that” is a bit weak, if you can’t believe it despite countless proofs of that everywhere then the burden of proof is on you, I doubt much people will bend over backwards to answer comprehensively and to your satisfaction with that kind of attitude.
TL;DR: the world owes you nothing

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #3,242 of 4,255
My claims regarding the HD800 are supported by extensive personal experience.

Nothing bold and unsupported.

For the Sundara pads case , if you have read carefully I am wondering how it is viable and I asked someone to point me to the original measurements source so I can be educated.

I have also asked for the new pads photos but no one is providing one to spot the difference.

So still waiting for more info.

Can you provide something instead of attacking me?

If yes the kindly do so.

If no just step aside.

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #3,243 of 4,255

For the Sundara pads case , if you have read carefully I am wondering how it is viable and I asked someone to point me to the original measurements source so I can be educated.

I have also asked for the new pads photos but no one is providing one to spot the difference.

If yes the kindly do so.

If no just step aside.
You will find both the pad pictures and the graph's source in this thread

Mar 8, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #3,244 of 4,255

If yes the kindly do so.

If no just step aside.
Fair enough, I will kindly point you to a basic google search where you will find pictures in less than one second.
Also see the headphone show video on the subject (it’s long) where he measures both. If still skeptical, easy to disprove with a pair of Sundara, both pads and your own measurements

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #3,245 of 4,255
OK , still no links from a helpful member...

I have found photos of the pali pads that are the same as mine but I can't spot the new pads that measure so good.

Can I buy them from HiFiMan store?

And I keep wondering why in the hell HiFiMan isn't advertising this change?

It is a huge difference , we are talking here about a different sound signature , almost perfect.

So if it does exist why can't we have it?

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2021 at 1:42 AM Post #3,246 of 4,255
^That rather depends on what pads he’s got fitted on his Sundara. The Oratory settings only work for the older styled pads. Implementing them on the new pads is nuts.
The purple one is the one Oratory has made some great EQ advice for...the brown is the frequency response of the ‘new’ pads:

If yes the kindly do so.

If no just step aside.
Oratory and Resolve have both measured this, multiple times in Resolve's case.

They remain bright headphones and the vocals are still very much tracking Harman, which isn't everyone's cup of tea for female vocals.

You can find it in Oratory's EQ list here:

https://reddit.com/r/oratory1990/w/index/list_of_presets

And here's a direct link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j8r9im6d3s5zglk/Hifiman Sundara (revised earpads, preliminary).pdf?dl=0

I don't agree with the indicated bass roll-off, but I would call it about right otherwise. It's about studio flat until the air frequencies, just in planar form, which hampers sibilants and breath notes sounding natural.

Mar 9, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #3,247 of 4,255
Thank you.

Still there is a great confusion about the new pads.

When they where released?

Are we talking something brand new?

Do we have a photo?

This are mine

IMG_20210221_095647.jpg

Mar 10, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #3,251 of 4,255
Lol this place goes off the rails sometimes

Why not just enjoy the best bang for buck headphones that have been released in the last 15 years...

Yes why not , let's keep posting how we enjoy them , that there are the best value out there , a killer planar for the money , oh how I like my new headphones , yes this is the one etc

But we don't know about the new pads , where do we get them , how pads affect frequency response and other interesting stuff.

Zero knowledge.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #3,253 of 4,255
Yes why not , let's keep posting how we enjoy them , that there are the best value out there , a killer planar for the money , oh how I like my new headphones , yes this is the one etc

But we don't know about the new pads , where do we get them , how pads affect frequency response and other interesting stuff.

Zero knowledge.
Really? We literally pointed you towards the ressources that show precisely how the pads affect frequency response and everything about the new pads, including this very thread. So maybe you don’t know or don’t want to, but “we” certainly do.

Zero knowledge? Yes, seems about right.

Jeez, am I feeding any mythical big green being here?

Trying out this shiny “ignore” button for the very first time too, now

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #3,254 of 4,255
Really? We literally pointed you towards the ressources that show precisely how the pads affect frequency response and everything about the new pads, including this very thread. So maybe you don’t know or don’t want to, but “we” certainly do.

zero knowledge? Yes seems about right.

Jeez, am I feeding any mythical big green being here?
lmao this dude is still going?
figured the crank on his back would have run out of spins by now
giphy (1).gif

Energizer needs to get rid of that bunny and give that man a job

*I ignored ichos so I can't see his posts btw*

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #3,255 of 4,255
I just listen to them right now and dont care about graphs :wink:
They sound great (with dekoni hybrid pads on a E1DA 9038s)

And talk about your 800 in the 800 darkroom :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back