HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
Jan 14, 2019 at 10:15 PM Post #437 of 1,984
HFM has excellent support policy for worldwide customers. I had some issue with my r2r2k and they replaced it with a brand new device right away
with no hassle whatsoever. Now that I got this tiny device with the addicting sound in my pocket I have no problem listening to my music anywhere.
N8 has a great sound but it is just too heavy to carry around. If HFM can enhance their mobile app to make it more functional (too primitive at the moment)
this device can really work. This is a surely a portable king!

Jan 15, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #438 of 1,984
I like the device very much, SQ and form factor wise. But it certainly feels like a beta product. The most recent FW (Dec 21st) is still far from stable.

Now I am most exclusively using it as a (very expensive) Bluetooth DAC/AMP, but even in this mode it has its limitations - no hardware buttons to skip track; short battery life (only comparable with "true wireless" ear pieces without a charging cases), unexpected reboot from time to time. I am waiting for my iPhone OTG cable to arrive to test using it as a USB DAC/AMP, but I assume it'll still be buggy in that mode.

The bright side is that HFM is updating its firmware frequently. Hopefully it will be more polished soon.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #440 of 1,984
Hi All, FYI UI2019-1-24 V1.9 beta has been released.

Jan 28, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #441 of 1,984
HFM has excellent support policy for worldwide customers. I had some issue with my r2r2k and they replaced it with a brand new device right away
with no hassle whatsoever. Now that I got this tiny device with the addicting sound in my pocket I have no problem listening to my music anywhere.
N8 has a great sound but it is just too heavy to carry around. If HFM can enhance their mobile app to make it more functional (too primitive at the moment)
this device can really work. This is a surely a portable king!
Have you heard the Tera-Player? ...speaking of the portable king :) as you mentioned.

Jan 28, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #443 of 1,984
Hi All, FYI UI2019-1-24 V1.9 beta has been released.

What’s new
1. Support for A2-speed micro SD cards;
2. Modified the "Update Library" prompt, you will be prompted rather than auto updating every time;
3. Modified the "all songs" prompt content, you will no longer be prompted to rescan the card;

I have no idea what was change in this respect? I didn't detect any change with rescan or browse routine after adding songs.
Also still haven't figured out what 'File Sort' option does. One thing I noticed if I have it ON, it doesn't update the total number
of songs with Rescan after adding new songs. So I am having it off.

Jan 28, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #444 of 1,984
What’s new
1. Support for A2-speed micro SD cards;
2. Modified the "Update Library" prompt, you will be prompted rather than auto updating every time;
3. Modified the "all songs" prompt content, you will no longer be prompted to rescan the card;

I have no idea what was change in this respect? I didn't detect any change with rescan or browse routine after adding songs.
Also still haven't figured out what 'File Sort' option does. One thing I noticed if I have it ON, it doesn't update the total number
of songs with Rescan after adding new songs. So I am having it off.

With File Sort off, the player will sort the files by the date/time they were copied to the card. Turning it on SHOULD have them sorted by name.

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:20 PM Post #445 of 1,984
With File Sort off, the player will sort the files by the date/time they were copied to the card. Turning it on SHOULD have them sorted by name.

But is it finally sort of a dap? :wink:

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #447 of 1,984
What do you mean sort the files by the data/time? Is it when you browse "All Songs"? that songs will be listed by date it was added
when you select File Sort off? I have the option OFF but it does NOT appear to be the case. I am still confused as to what HFM is trying
to achieve here but well, this isn't the big issue, so I will just move on...

Jan 28, 2019 at 10:48 PM Post #448 of 1,984
What do you mean sort the files by the data/time? Is it when you browse "All Songs"? that songs will be listed by date it was added
when you select File Sort off? I have the option OFF but it does NOT appear to be the case. I am still confused as to what HFM is trying
to achieve here but well, this isn't the big issue, so I will just move on...

I don’t have the answer. That’s all they’ve told me. You need a rescan to trigger the sorting. I cannot tell a difference switching on/off, so I assume it only acts when you make changes to your library and once you have the files sorted, it’s irreversible.
This function is still messy, but I’m sure it’s not designed to have any impact on file counts as you mentioned. That must be a bug.

Feb 7, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #450 of 1,984
I have a question - if I buy new WA11 passport (which I actually ordered in May, but still have not get), can I use r2r2k as a transport and dac and wa11 as an amp? Both device should support type c, but I am not sure how it would work. For example: iPhone - tidal - Bluetooth - r2r2k - some cable? - wa11? Maybe for anslog signal from r2r2k dac to wa11 amp I need some line out cable, just 2 mini jacks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back