HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"
Feb 15, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #466 of 1,984
As for me I wouldn't say this sounds better than N8 but definitely sounds different. It's adorably tiny so it's my favorite carry-on device.
For its size yes it sounds damn good for sure although slightly lacking in sound stage but quite intimate. I've notice the device freezes
some times but not as often as what was stated. Updating a music library is hassle as I have to rescan few times to detect all songs added.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #468 of 1,984
It reboots/freezes/turns off on its own.

I tried it recently, but the unit could not read my SD card, rest of other DAPs that I tried had no problems reading it. Even the store owner was reluctant to have me try loading my card as he claimed it takes a long time to load the songs and tends to freeze up halfway through. What are your experience in loading your mega thousand number of songs from your SD cards? Thanks.

Feb 15, 2019 at 10:33 AM Post #469 of 1,984
I tried it recently, but the unit could not read my SD card, rest of other DAPs that I tried had no problems reading it. Even the store owner was reluctant to have me try loading my card as he claimed it takes a long time to load the songs and tends to freeze up halfway through. What are your experience in loading your mega thousand number of songs from your SD cards? Thanks.
It’s not very practical to navigate through thousands of songs due to its UI. I’ve only tried less than 500 files, it handles ok. Scanning doesn’t take too long. But it doesn’t play my 24/192 ALAC files bought on HD TRACKS.

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #471 of 1,984
Yes, I gather that it's better to use this as a Bluetooth streaming device then... Loved the compact size and sound but loathe the UI and freezing while I was trying it at the store, it was on the late Jan firmware... I really wanted to love the whole package but still have my doubts...

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #472 of 1,984
Again I love the size. I only carry this device out because it's so tiny and has relatively good sound. This isn't digital sounding like AK device and has clarity second to none. It would've been perfect if this thing has a longer battery life (5hrs> now) and physical skip button.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #473 of 1,984
Again I love the size. I only carry this device out because it's so tiny and has relatively good sound. This isn't digital sounding like AK device and has clarity second to none. It would've been perfect if this thing has a longer battery life (5hrs> now) and physical skip button.
It did sounded great to me when I last time heard it, non digital ( analogue ) but 5 h - playback is such a shame. What they were thinking? They could have made it bigger with longer playback time.

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #474 of 1,984
Ok, HFN it's not too late. Scrap your remaining r2r chips and make another player a little bigger
but has decent battery pack with physical buttons. I am not even asking for touch screen.
I am sure that will sell much better...

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:05 PM Post #475 of 1,984
I’m pretty sure I’m getting more than 5 hours. I’ll measure under load and see how long it lasts

Feb 16, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #476 of 1,984
Ok, HFN it's not too late. Scrap your remaining r2r chips and make another player a little bigger
but has decent battery pack with physical buttons. I am not even asking for touch screen.
I am sure that will sell much better...
I’m guessing the R2R chips are the reason it sounds so good. Why would the scrap them?

Feb 16, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #479 of 1,984
Ah - gotcha. Whatever they do - if they want to continue with that price tag, they need to fix the UI and features :)

Feb 17, 2019 at 1:49 AM Post #480 of 1,984
R2R2K has made my other daps sound either digital or soft. On the other hand pha2a is the closet thing I tried that sounds like the 2K but long terms it fatigues me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back