1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

HIFIMAN Releases New Flagship DAP "R2R2000"

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Edric Li, Dec 22, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last
  1. dhc0329
    As for me I wouldn't say this sounds better than N8 but definitely sounds different. It's adorably tiny so it's my favorite carry-on device.
    For its size yes it sounds damn good for sure although slightly lacking in sound stage but quite intimate. I've notice the device freezes
    some times but not as often as what was stated. Updating a music library is hassle as I have to rescan few times to detect all songs added.

quantumrush likes this.
  2. audionewbi
    I’m on the latest firmware and in the period I’ve owned it hasn’t happened yet. My unit is 15xx.

3. kenkuan
    I tried it recently, but the unit could not read my SD card, rest of other DAPs that I tried had no problems reading it. Even the store owner was reluctant to have me try loading my card as he claimed it takes a long time to load the songs and tends to freeze up halfway through. What are your experience in loading your mega thousand number of songs from your SD cards? Thanks.

4. tjxism
    It’s not very practical to navigate through thousands of songs due to its UI. I’ve only tried less than 500 files, it handles ok. Scanning doesn’t take too long. But it doesn’t play my 24/192 ALAC files bought on HD TRACKS.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  5. dhc0329
    You just have keep on rescan and scan again at 'all songs' until scan completes properly.

quantumrush likes this.
  6. kenkuan
    Yes, I gather that it's better to use this as a Bluetooth streaming device then... Loved the compact size and sound but loathe the UI and freezing while I was trying it at the store, it was on the late Jan firmware... I really wanted to love the whole package but still have my doubts...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  7. dhc0329
    Again I love the size. I only carry this device out because it's so tiny and has relatively good sound. This isn't digital sounding like AK device and has clarity second to none. It would've been perfect if this thing has a longer battery life (5hrs> now) and physical skip button.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2019
    quantumrush likes this.
  8. musicday
    It did sounded great to me when I last time heard it, non digital ( analogue ) but 5 h - playback is such a shame. What they were thinking? They could have made it bigger with longer playback time.

9. dhc0329
    Ok, HFN it's not too late. Scrap your remaining r2r chips and make another player a little bigger
    but has decent battery pack with physical buttons. I am not even asking for touch screen.
    I am sure that will sell much better...

quantumrush likes this.
  10. Brooko Contributor
    I’m pretty sure I’m getting more than 5 hours. I’ll measure under load and see how long it lasts

audionewbi likes this.
  11. Brooko Contributor
    I’m guessing the R2R chips are the reason it sounds so good. Why would the scrap them?

12. 514077
    I think he meant just to make the product bigger and with more battery life. I think the supply of R2R chips is running out, and nobody is making more.

13. dhc0329
    sorry for the wrong choice of words here..I meant to say scrap the existing device and use the salvaged r2r chips for different, improved version..

quantumrush likes this.
  14. Brooko Contributor
    Ah - gotcha. Whatever they do - if they want to continue with that price tag, they need to fix the UI and features :)

noplsestar likes this.
  15. audionewbi
    R2R2K has made my other daps sound either digital or soft. On the other hand pha2a is the closet thing I tried that sounds like the 2K but long terms it fatigues me.

First

Back
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
Next

Last