HiFiMAN RE-272 Review
May 19, 2016 at 5:52 PM Post #481 of 489
even though i have moved to TOTL CIEMs (like NT6) , i still have my banged up re-272 and i will never forget it - it was the first mid-priced UIEM that i really fell in love with it

sure, it has shortcomings but still i will never forget those innocent times when i loved their sound so much 

a shame that HFM discontinued them , it was the reason that i was a huge HFM fanboy back then (2011-2013)

May 20, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #482 of 489
If anyone wants try their phones balanced with the HM-801 I'm selling the player and card for what I feel is good price. It has some of the best bass I've heard.

best i can believe but its never going to be the most, it like an ER4 doesnt hurt to have a bass boost button pressed.

I wish I still had the RE-272 to compare because the Pinnacle P1 sounds a lot like it from audible memory.

ooooh really??????? okay now i really need to get one of those in

May 20, 2016 at 11:54 AM Post #484 of 489
Still got my 272 too.  
Had tones of earphones, headphones, and a few earbuds. Many more fun, other more this, more that, bigger this, larger that... but in the end, my brain always syncs quickly and naturally to the 272. I never get bored of them and they never cause me any fatigue, even after hours of listening. I do EQ them about 3-4 db in Bass department but that's about it.
Always come back to them sooner or... sooner!
Probably got about 70% of all my listening time with RE272 since I got them, that's true love right there!

Sep 14, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #485 of 489
well , the great thing about 272 is that it is already zx2-trrs ready , so i can use it with my zx2

great little bugger , probably my no2 all-time fav (c)iem (NT6 is untouchable , kind like my Michael jordan)

Nov 7, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #486 of 489
My RE272's cord is getting a little stiff near the splitter, is anyone else having this problem? It's like the plasticizers are dissipating and the rubber is getting more stiff.  It's happening at the point where the cable touches my neck (sweat maybe?).

Anything I can do to remedy this? I'm scared my cable will break if this continues.

Nov 12, 2016 at 8:13 AM Post #487 of 489
  My RE272's cord is getting a little stiff near the splitter, is anyone else having this problem? It's like the plasticizers are dissipating and the rubber is getting more stiff.  It's happening at the point where the cable touches my neck (sweat maybe?).

Anything I can do to remedy this? I'm scared my cable will break if this continues.

its probably sweat thats doing it.  as to what you can do about it, well id love to say do this and your good to go but i cant.  you could maybe try wrapping some sellotape round them maybe

Nov 12, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #488 of 489

if they break , there is a Russian guy that has recabled 272s and he could probably do the same for you if needed

he seems legit , here is the site

http://vesperaudio.com/

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #489 of 489
Anybody still listening to these? I use mine sometimes when it's too loud in to listen to my open backed HE-560s headphones and they're always exactly like how I remember them. Fast, open, detailed and non fatiguing! Also, these are said to be lacking in the bass departement but I absolutely don't agree. If you switch to them from some bass-heavy earphones you might find them lacking but after only 5 minutes your brain adapts and they get super deep. I can only imagine them needing a little more bass when you're on the move or working out but I don't use them for that anyway.

I was using the RE-262s before them and right as the RE-272s were discontinued I sent an email to Hifiman asking if they might still have a pair they could sell me. They told me they had a few left for warranty reasons and I was able to purchase a set. Super happy to own them!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back